$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
JoeODanger wrote:
What do you think about Ice Nova until switching to Searing Bond? I found Pyre, so it'll be converted to fire damage. Molten Strike is pretty fun, but I prefer to cast.

Fireball+LMP+Fire Pen is just too strong, with the right gear, you can even out-pace searing bond.

My passive tree as of level 34:

My char currently has the following gear:

Spoiler

Leveling with Fireball and Fire trap matches so well, and with my baby-coil (Cloak of Flame) I can take quite a few hits. So my jump to Searing Bond is not necessary. I'm crashing through content +2 levels above me.

I have mixed feelings about Pyre. There are very few things in the short game (before level 50) that would take advantage of the ring. Ice damage typically has a reduced damage scope with the trade-offs being slightly more base crit and chance to freeze. Pyre takes away that last one, so I think it's not something I would build around.

Yup, I tried both while leveling, and nova was far behind trap + fireball. I found molten strike to be roughly the same as well although I would do those first 30-40 levels as fireball if I had to do it again. I bumrushed Ancestral and bought a flame totem and now the good times are rolling.
Been piecing this one together on my witch, and I'm beginning to notice how vital the maxed or near-maxed level gems are. I can just barely run Discipline and a level 4 Clarity off of health, and with tripe Purity, I'm sitting at 41/51/51 with low and mid-level Purity gems. My Reduced Manas are 16 and 18. Mana's certainly very, very tight at the moment. Are the Reduced Mana gems that important or did I perhaps miss something? I'm missing I think one 4% reservation reduction node.
"
ConsPark wrote:
Been piecing this one together on my witch, and I'm beginning to notice how vital the maxed or near-maxed level gems are. I can just barely run Discipline and a level 4 Clarity off of health, and with tripe Purity, I'm sitting at 41/51/51 with low and mid-level Purity gems. My Reduced Manas are 16 and 18. Mana's certainly very, very tight at the moment. Are the Reduced Mana gems that important or did I perhaps miss something? I'm missing I think one 4% reservation reduction node.

There is a delicate balance for sure, trying to manage your aura reservations. Gem level and quality will make a big difference down the road. If you are going for Low life before level 50, you will need to make a decision on damage vs reservation nodes to run your 3 key auras (clarity, Discipline and Purity of Elements).

There is no wrong way to do it. I prefer the HC version, where effective hp/high resists are more important than damage.

Thanks for the feedback, leveling and balancing stat requirements, dmg, ehp and passive point allocation is the fun part of leveling a new character for me.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Are you adding any more leveling trees?
Im in and giving this a go for Rampage.

How do you feel the totem could work with the rampage bonus? you could possible set up some nice rampage bonuses by counting kills and placing yourself as needed.
"
FatRhys wrote:
Are you adding any more leveling trees?

I'm adding them as I reach each each plateau. I have up to level 50 done because I am currently level 51 :)

One thing to note about levelling in my tree, is that there are 3 distinct stat (Str/int/dex) branches. If you notice from my incremental passive tree, it balanced out where the points go. The main reason for this, is you need at various gem levels, a particular stat to level it further.

Having a balance of all three directions, gives you an optimized character levelling experience.

That is not to say that you can't do what some have and gone directly down the strength path (for Ancestral Bond), the int path (for Low Life), or the dex path (projectile and cast speed).

But if you do pick one or a mix, it makes no difference because you get the play experience you are looking for, and gaps can be covered by gear.

I've also chosen the balanced approach because of three factors:

1. Some have asked for advice about the Beyond (HC) variant.
2. Not everyone will get all the required uniques before level 50 to switch to Low Life (Solaris Lorica. Redbeaks, Perandus Blazon, and Sadima Touch)
3. There are a lot of new players following the guide- new to totems, new to MF and new to the game.

I just picked up my second totem and use my fireball now to break boxes only Lol. Fire trap is still so handy to prime a strongbox, room or take out undying alchemists, or sin lords
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 22, 2014, 1:06:45 PM
"
qitip wrote:
Im in and giving this a go for Rampage.

How do you feel the totem could work with the rampage bonus? you could possible set up some nice rampage bonuses by counting kills and placing yourself as needed.

It's even better for rampage. Just set it and forget it. With 20% move speed and 3 quicksilvers, I can get over 100 kill streaks constantly. By the time you find the next pack, the last totem(s) have cleaned up the last pack.

Nothing is more satisfying than the clearing Cruel Docks (iLvL 50) at level 50 and getting the odd surprise in the form of an exile, invader boss, or fire dog rare pack.
thats what i felt would happen ;) set and forget. So you can preemptively set up groups to keep the kills going

up to level 24 now. still following your general passive tree. the level 34 one from a day or two ago
All my self found gear so far in the past 2 days:

Spoiler
All-in-all, about 5ex worth.

Also a high rolled Stone of Lazhwar which I gave to a friend, about 200 Alterations, 10 Fusings, 200 Chroms, 20 Alchemy, 7 Chaos, 2 GCP, 2 Scouring, 4 Regrets, 1 blessing, and a plethora of quality enhancing orbs.

No mirrors yet LOL

That Cloak of Flame (baby-L.coil) and the ring combo is SO NICE
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 22, 2014, 1:40:13 PM
man you are blowing me away with drops so far. i cant wait to get to totem level.

are there updated leveling passive trees yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info