Screenshot of New Brutus Fight

Reposting from the new Merveil thread, in case the GGG devs didn't see it.

I got a couple messages saying I should make my own thread, but hopefully Chris or another developer will read this here:

This is good news. Chris, so many bosses need revising. They're mostly all pushovers and don't feel like a real "boss" fight. Consider this my ultimate Path of Exile wish list.

Fetid Pool - Necromancer
Ship Graveyard - Captain Fairgraves
The Western Forest - Captain Arteri
Crossroads - Calaf, Headstaver
The Crypt Level 2 - Geoffri
Battlefront - Captain Aurelianus
The Solaris Temple - both ribbons

I know these aren't considered very important encounters, but for unique enemies, they are all a breeze. They should have another skill or two, or maybe an aura or minions.

The Coves is a dungeon I never spend time clearing. I always run through it, considering it is full of tar zombies and the Gluttonous Gulls. I'm more focused on getting the pre-Merveil waypoint/gem than taking the time to fight some of the more annoying monsters in the game. Maybe it could use a unique boss, or a sub-area?

Ice Nova and Sweep still need buffs. Neither skill can be used to clear end-game content efficiently. I understand Ice Nova can freeze unlike the other elements, but its damage/cast speed is still lackluster. Sweep should have a wider radius and maybe attack faster. Other than preventing desync, there is no reason to use it over Leap Slam.

Flasks still have no sound when dropped/picked up. Is this intentional?

The Duelist lacks dialogue when you kill a difficult rare monster. Where's his "AND STAY DEAD" or "back into the ground with you"? I'm not sure if the Shadow has one, either.

Most importantly, though, the situation surrounding desync must be addressed again. I check the manifesto often, but it doesn't get used as much as it should. I'm hoping this mini-expansion will bring any sort of improvement to the issue. I shouldn't have to mash my /oos macro every time I use a movement skill or fight a rare enemy. It's difficult to play the game when you play for 4+ hours straight, only to die because you can't trust what is on your screen. I know it helps deal with cheating players, however, it needs to be improved for a better gameplay experience.

Path of Exile is easily my favorite game right now, but it still has a lot of glaring issues. This isn't beta anymore. It's time to focus less on shiny microtransactions and more on the core issues of the game. Otherwise, people will continue to be turned off by your oversight, and ultimately, uninstall the game.

I'm not expecting everything above to be addressed. It's only a list I've been making for the last year an a half. Thanks for all of your hard work, GGG. I'm looking forward to August :)

Cheers.
Hmm don't really feel this new Brutus change. It doesn't flow with the lore IMO. Since Brutus is a abomination left behind by Shavronne, he shouldn't have a skelli army, he should be left alone in solitude and smash every one who dare to invade his place.

Also, Brutus was already the prince of Desync, how would bringing in a whole army do that any better?..
"
mireklefou wrote:
You guys added skeletons? It's suppose to be 1 vs 1 fight. It's more scary that way. You feel so alone there and like there's no escape out of it. Exactly as it suppose to be.
You're are ruining the story.

+1
IGN PPPPanddddaPPPPanicccc

still waiting for that 'Chris Wilson-director's cut' version

oh wait, I finally got it. Thanks team!
I'm Loving it, promotes party play in the boss fights, changes up strategies (yes single target is still very much viable, who says you gotta kill the skeles? You can always single target Brutus to make the fight quicker.)

Very excited for this change! Hope you made Fairgraves more awesome, my favorite sailor man needs MOAR POWA.
"
mireklefou wrote:
You guys added skeletons? It's suppose to be 1 vs 1 fight. It's more scary that way. You feel so alone there and like there's no escape out of it. Exactly as it suppose to be.
You're are ruining the story.

+1
To all those complaining about the boss fight changes I think I can see why they are doing this. I think they eventually plan on fixing the flask recharge trick people are doing with town portals. They will likely make it so you can not instantly fill a flask by going back to town as currently the mechanics feels cheap and cheesy when you rely on that to beat a boss. I would guess is that they will make it take time to refill flasks in town. Before they do that they have to make sure that there are not any bosses that lack a way to refill a flask.
Last edited by Maethorr on Jul 22, 2014, 7:28:34 PM
Is that "Polish Winged Hussar" back attachment? Damn, now I have to get it:)

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Offically add a map mode : Players are cursed with DESYNCs
Since we're very fortunate to be able to affect the content, I don't think we should "wait and see". Brutus fight is very short experience but it's very special and comes with a big risk - to new, to experienced players. You don't get this uneasy feeling while encountering Kole or Carnage. They are surrounded by annoying mobs and they don't mean much to the story. But with Brutus, you feel nobody will help you nor him, and the music fits so well. I don't mind those spikes and whatever new attack he will do - I don't understand why add fragile skeletons to this memorable 1 vs 1 experience. Merveil has squids, Piety miscreations, Dominus his champions, Weaver her annoying little spiders spamming even after her death - why spoil Brutus fight with fragile skeletons. For flask charges? Oh come on.

"Curse you, Brutus! Curse your spikes and bloody skeletons. They should have listened, they should have understood."

Path Of Exile Community Highlights
youtube.com/mireklefou
Last edited by mireklefou on Jul 22, 2014, 7:52:51 PM
Hahahaha you're wearing the feather piece that you had no idea what it is, did you end up finding out? Hahaha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info