Lay off the aura hate, understand the game.

"
"
"
With the update to the tree coming up

There's gonna be an update to the tree?

Living in the stone age are we?

I haven't seen any posts mentioning it.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I have suggested this myself before. Mortal conviction is useless unless it allows one free aura.

I've mentioned it before as well. If it provided a free aura than blood magic users could probably get away with 2 60%s with a little extra node investment elsewhere. They don't need more because of the added benefit blood magic without the support gem.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
In my opinion, none of the auras should be percentage-based mana reservation. They should all be flat, fixed-value mana reservation that scales up with gem level, except this time balance it properly.

I find it ridiculous that someone that completely ignores mana itself can run the same amount of auras as someone that invests in mana. Reduced mana reservation has its place, but come on, with percentage-base mana reservation and equal amounts of reduced mana reservation someone with 300 mana can get away with using the same number of auras as someone with 3000 mana. This needs to change. Hopefully it will. It would be nice if the Blood Magic keystone could actually be used again. There are not many builds that don't use any auras.
"
...Bows are worse than ST unless you have a super expensive one (*cough* Windripper *cough*). Buff them too. Give them some mobility skills, change the affix ranges (in a way that existing bows get updated instead of going legacy i.e. Flaring flat dmg gets buffed, bows with Flaring prefix now have the NEW ranges). It's completely retarded that they share their damage affixes with 1handers, when quivers are so much worse than shields in every way...

Amen.
So...activate some auras, then proceed to spam the same skill during the whole map, its boring.
"
Again, you're one of the people that do not understand.

Auras are in a good place. Low Life is not. It's low life that needs the rebalance, not the auras low life uses.

It can't be that hard to understand.

Low life is fine, hard to understand?

A lot of players like OP builds, there is no logical arguments why low life is broken, its personal preference if you like OP builds or not, highly subjective.

While LL users have some fun, others trying to ruin it, looks like poor envy covered with wall of text about balance in RPG, RPG without OP builds/gear is not RPG but meh.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
You can, most of the time, recognize the person with the losing points for his ultimate argument being: "That's just YOUR opinion".

He can't get down to truly arguing why, because the more distinguished it gets, the clearer it becomes that he doesn't have a strong point. So what he has to do is blur it, to make it seem like he has a point.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
kasub wrote:

That's due to the BM keystone being weak. EA/flame totem/some casters are viable with BM but not amazing. BM should be buffed.

There is tons of great builds that only use 1-2 auras though. A prime example is physical crit bow builds(uber capable).

No. Thats due to the fact that an aura adds so much offense/defence like another piece of gear or skillgem.

(Hatred with some nodes = 50% additional cold dmg, Grace with some nodes nearly 4k eva)

You cannot get this dmg from the tree or other items.

thats y auras still are mandatory and this is bad game design imho.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Disagreed. Buffing everything is not the solution. That will make the game far too ez mode.

Auras are way too strong. Fully upgraded, one aura does more damage than a mirrored BIS weapon.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
kasub wrote:

That's due to the BM keystone being weak. EA/flame totem/some casters are viable with BM but not amazing. BM should be buffed.

There is tons of great builds that only use 1-2 auras though. A prime example is physical crit bow builds(uber capable).

No. Thats due to the fact that an aura adds so much offense/defence like another piece of gear or skillgem.

(Hatred with some nodes = 50% additional cold dmg, Grace with some nodes nearly 4k eva)

You cannot get this dmg from the tree or other items.

thats y auras still are mandatory and this is bad game design imho.

You need to define why that is bad game design. You need to define how that is not exactly what GGG intended. Having powerful auras is part of PoE. Choosing which auras and how many to run is also part of building a character. If you want to be as efficient as possible running at least 1 aura is mandatory but you are free to play an inefficient character if you so choose.

Now give a reason why it is bad design besides "I don't like auras!"
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info