Lay off the aura hate, understand the game.

@Vincendra
very well written, and wholeheartedly agree. Another issue with the lack of buff gems is CWDT. Everyone goes for the same old enduring cry, immortal call, curse setup. If we had a variety of buffs to choose from, it'll mix it up, make it more interesting.
I also want to agree that the lack of buffs annoys me and makes auras mandatory in my opinion, although I do not agree that auras are broken for that reason. If there was more incentive to have a lot of unreserved mana to cast semi-temporary buffs (i.e. stuff that runs out but not too fast), the game would have a lot more options, and the really weak Blood magic Keystone would also get indirectly buffed - in fact, if Mortal Conviction was changed to also offer a substantial Buff Effect and Duration Multiplier, that would be even better.

I'm all for adding buffs to the game, I just don't think the lack of such buffs means auras need to be nerfed.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
"
I also want to agree that the lack of buffs annoys me and makes auras mandatory in my opinion, although I do not agree that auras are broken for that reason. If there was more incentive to have a lot of unreserved mana to cast semi-temporary buffs (i.e. stuff that runs out but not too fast), the game would have a lot more options, and the really weak Blood magic Keystone would also get indirectly buffed - in fact, if Mortal Conviction was changed to also offer a substantial Buff Effect and Duration Multiplier, that would be even better.

I'm all for adding buffs to the game, I just don't think the lack of such buffs means auras need to be nerfed.

I agree. Buff duration of BASE 30 seconds would be enough IMHO. There are 6 Buff duration nodes on the tree and 3 Skill Duration nodes, whit inc. Duration as a support gem.

This would defenetly create skilltree choices of "Am I going for the increased duration for QOL on my character or am I using my skillpoints otherwise but have to refresh buffs more often?".

I'd just like to see that an auraless or max 1 aura character can be as viable as a multi aura character dmg and defensewise.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
aura are a "must" because they are simply too powerfull...
No weapon can compete with maxed anger/wrath auras damage. This has to be balanced.
Elemental damage in general has to be balanced... Even with a pure physical weapon , you end up with ~80 or 90 % of elemental damage with top end game builds with anger/wrath/hatred/added fire etc.... On the contrary, elemental weapon doesnt have any interest, you get more dps with physical that is converted to elemental, and physical allows you free life/mana leech.

why would you take a lightning weapon when you can have a physical one ( and the benefit of it ) and use wrath ( any lightning mod on weapon will be neglictable compared to wrath damage ) ?
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 23, 2014, 8:07:47 AM
when you balance only the auras, you balance nothing. elemental damage builds will suck hard, while it will become manadtory to have fast phys based weapons. In current state its possible to make builds without any phys damage, this will be history after a nerf.

I dont have any solution, but I would say the problem is that elemental auras are scaling too good (or at all) with phys based weapons.

Maybe it would be possible to implement a penalty on elemental aura damage as higher the phys damage on the weapon?
"
OleOlof wrote:
In current state its possible to make builds without any phys damage

Maybe possible but it's very inferior to hybrid builds ( phys weapon + elemental auras ) in all way ...

it's not like everyone is dreaming of mirroring a loath bane...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 23, 2014, 9:24:16 AM
plz delete
Last edited by astraph on Jul 23, 2014, 9:44:50 AM
plz delete
Last edited by astraph on Jul 23, 2014, 9:45:02 AM
"
astraph wrote:
I run a 95 CI soultaker aegis build that takes all aura passives except 1.

and ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
"
astraph wrote:
I run a 95 CI soultaker aegis build that takes all aura passives except 1.

and ?

damn i made an post and for some reason it gets cut.I am trying to repost it

I run a 95 CI soultaker aegis build that takes all aura passives except 1.Here is the gear(all of it self found(soul taker self chanced),except the frenzy rainbos
Spoiler

EDI WTF!!!!,The rest of the post does not get posted
Last edited by astraph on Jul 23, 2014, 9:39:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info