Lay off the aura hate, understand the game.

What the actual fuck,why cant i post the rest of it and it gets cut there

I run a 95 CI soultaker aegis build that takes all aura passives except 1.Here is the gear(all of it self found(soul taker self chanced),except the frenzy rainbos

And here is the passive tree

Now my stats without auras are:3908 ES,5345 armour,68% block,16390 frenzy DPS with melee splash

My stats with auras are:6168 ES,27511 armour,72%block and 35602 frenzy DPS with melee splash

Now i spent 20 points on auras(including the path to take them that otherwise wouldnt use).I tried to remove all aura passives,just run discipline and grace,and spend the 20 points on actual ES,armour and DPS.I dont remember exact numbers but the results were laughable,compared to spending them on aura passives.SO yeah auras are indeed overpowered

gear:
Spoiler

Finally it worked!!
Last edited by astraph on Jul 23, 2014, 9:44:23 AM
"
Malone wrote:
"
OleOlof wrote:
In current state its possible to make builds without any phys damage

Maybe possible but it's very inferior to hybrid builds ( phys weapon + elemental auras ) in all way ...

it's not like everyone is dreaming of mirroring a loath bane...

Yep, thats what i am sayin. And if you nerf elemental auras it will change nothing. Afterwards elemental builds are complete useless and hyprid builds are just a bit weaker while they still can add the additional dmg from auras, also if its less than before.

So a flat nerf of elemental auras would be stupid and actually "balance" nothing.
personnaly I would increase elem damage mods on weapon, and decrease anger/wrath auras...
I would also slightly decrease aura passiv nodes.
IGN TylordRampage
Why not changing the reservation cost of an aura by a "while active" degeneration of your life/mana depending on what you use to pay the cost of the said aura ?

Or even adding a degeneration cost to the already existing cost to some aura/buff eventually ? (on the same principle than the base degeneration from arctic armour, not the one while you move but the other)

In guild wars (the first one) there's mana reservation for some buff/aura and malus in regenerative ability for life/mana for some other (perhaps even both). There's not much limitation in term of number of skill/aura/buff you can use either.
"
Malone wrote:
personnaly I would increase elem damage mods on weapon, and decrease anger/wrath auras...
I would also slightly decrease aura passiv nodes.

makes sense to me. also like in feedback suggested to change Anger/Wrath to % increased/more elemental damage would make sense.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
JNF wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:

It is a bad game design because taking an aura is not a desicion in POE. There are no Buffs/Skillnodes or other measures of gameplay which offer near the power Auras do. Defensivly and Offensivly.Auras are the End-all-be-all option for dmg and def.

There is no option to enhance your physical dmg by another added 50% colddmg taken from your phys dmg.

There is no option to buff your defenses by 4k BASE Evasion.

There are no options to gain temporarily more maxres/res.

It is all a "click and forget" passive shit. No deep gameplay. Take all auranodes, activate all auras and faceroll with 1 skill. This is bad gamedesign.

This is partly because there are not any Skillgems, which creat buffs. Molten Shell and Blood Rage are a good start but dont offer nearly enough options nor do they cover all possible skillbuilds.

What I want to see is Skillgems beeing implementet, which needs to be activley use in combat to give such a huge amout of power like auras do.

Something you actively should keep up and need an eye on. NOT "click once and forget" like auras are.

For POE to be truly good and have Build diversity, it should be "Which supportive skillgems and cominations could I use to enhance my gameplay" instead of "3 Auras Reduced Mana herp derp faceroll lets go"

Yes, you are entirely correct. We should all have to sit and hit 50 macro keys while running an instance for the game to be any good. While we're at it, let's just request that they remove Righteous Fire and Tempest Shield from the game entirely since you simply 'turn them on and forget about them'..... /sarcasm.

Excuse me. Do you mean you just used a sarcasm on yourself? What Vincendra posted in fact is one of the best written opinion on this thread so far. He tackled whether we should adjust certain game mechanics or not is not so much about whether expensive but OP builds like low life Shav should exist but to encourage build diversity. This is in line with what GGG has been trying to do all along. Not to mention how clearly he presented his points with his sentence style. Your attack on his notion that there is nothing wrong with 'click and forget' does not even apply. If you have been paying attention to what he wrote, he is explaining why aura is a must have on every character and how that spoils build variety, not saying that he is explicitly against spells that are easy to use.

Well written rubbish perhaps. My 'attack' on his post, as you so ignorantly put it, pointed out the fact that GGG has implemented skill gems and support gems that are 'activate and forget', but you conveniently overlooked that simple notion, didn't you? Again, prove to us that GGG had not intended for 'activate and forget' skills to exist when they brought Righteous Fire and Tempest Shield into the game and then someone might actually take your post seriously.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
And by the way, if you think playing with a summoner that uses multiple auras is only 'activate auras and click one skill to faceroll', you are doing it wrong. A good summoner will utilize Flesh/Bone Offering, a curse, desecrate, and one or more Vaal skill gems. Hardly '1 skill clicking facerolling'.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info