Lay off the aura hate, understand the game.

I just have to say, the tears of the few Shav's CoE users that came into this thread are utterly delicious. Saying that it's my subjective opinion or my lack of experience and knowledge that cause me to call Low Life overpowered, when all anyone needs to prove it is a little mathematical knowledge.

Since you call me out in this fashion, I will say that I'm sorry, but I don't RMT or abuse mechanics I consider glitches such as snapshotting, so no, I haven't tried your builds which require both of those things. However, having paid in some asian site for the right to trivialise game content does not give you the right to call out people who haven't done so, nor does it give you the intelligence for proper argumentation obviously. (the ad hominem was started by you by the way - go look up what that is to know why you have already lost this argument)

You're mad because you know what you're abusing is broken, and you also know that you paid good money for it, which makes you feel falsely entitled (or time, maybe you did it legally, although I doubt that with hidden profiles).

If LL gets nerfed, I shall drink your tears by the gallon. If it doesn't, you cannot do the same, for it does not affect me in the slightest. And no, taking a pittance of Chaos damage for insane leech and AS or having a chest with only 2-3 times the amount of ES a normal rare would have, are not drawbacks in any way. They're slight inconveniences. (Sneak Edit: Most probably LL will remain as it is, because sadly, the same people who RMT for builds like this are the same people spending thousands of $$$ which go directly into GGG's pockets. And this will probably earn me a probation or a ban, because the truth hurts)

Also

"
Disagreed. Buffing everything is not the solution. That will make the game far too ez mode.

Auras are way too strong. Fully upgraded, one aura does more damage than a mirrored BIS weapon.

Wrong, nerfing everything is not the solution. Go play an old game where the devs have, over time, nerfed everything to trash and you will understand. Equally buffing what needs buffs and nerfing what needs nerfs is the correct solution. Doing only one of the two is wrong.

Also, I can only laugh at your second sentence. "Fully Upgraded" - you mean when time and currency has been invested into it, just like the mirrored weapon? Then sure, it should be comparable. Notice COMPARABLE - not as good, but should get decent enough results. (Sneak edit no2: I just noticed it says ONE aura. You think Wrath alone gives as much damage as Loath Bane or something? Hell No. THREE Auras still don't compare, but whatever)
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on Jul 22, 2014, 1:54:42 PM
"
"
Disagreed. Buffing everything is not the solution. That will make the game far too ez mode.

Auras are way too strong. Fully upgraded, one aura does more damage than a mirrored BIS weapon.

Wrong, nerfing everything is not the solution. Go play an old game where the devs have, over time, nerfed everything to trash and you will understand. Equally buffing what needs buffs and nerfing what needs nerfs is the correct solution. Doing only one of the two is wrong.

Also, I can only laugh at your second sentence. "Fully Upgraded" - you mean when time and currency has been invested into it, just like the mirrored weapon? Then sure, it should be comparable. Notice COMPARABLE - not as good, but should get decent enough results.

For you my man:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/978725

"Nerfs make ppl cry and whine like hell, but so does removing a pacifier from a child. Eventually it has to go for their own sake, but they will still cry and moan about it.

The game keeps throwing power increases around. New skills and powerlevels are supreme compared to old things. You either have to start nerfing those uber things or boost all hp levels, which has the same effect really except boosting hp levels requires balancing of all other skills, some will be forgotten and completely screwed over.

In short, game keeps increasing your power all the time with new things coming out, if you don't stop it and start balancing those things too powerful, everything will be in a shit state eventually."
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Auras are fine currently. I also think low life is fine - it costs an insane amount of wealth to utilize it to its full extent. That being said I think there could be some interesting balances to auras which would also affect low life builds and I think GGG should consider this.

Let me know what you guys think of these ideas:

Reduced Mana Reservation - Currently just reduces the mana reservation of the aura. I think that it should also provide a minor negative effect for the ability to cost multiple auras. Every reduced mana reservation node will also reduce the effect of the aura being cast. For example:

A regular 4% Reduced mana reservation node would also reduces the effect of auras cast by 1-2%. This could be balanced better by buffing the 4% reduced mana reservation to 5 or 6. Just an example.

* TL;DR - As you gain the ability to cast more auras with ease your auras lose their power *

Aura Effect - (you guys probably know where I'm going with this but ill continue) Currently this increases the effect of your aura by 8% for the regular ones. Like I buffed/nerfed reduced mana reservation, aura effect would be buffed and nerfed in a similar way. For example:

A regular 8% increased aura effect would also increase the mana reservation of the aura's cast by .5-1%. This also could be better balanced by buffing the aura effect. Therefore, you give up the ability to cast more auras but they are MUCH stronger.

* TL;DR - You gain the ability to cast extremely powerful auras with the loss of the ability to cast more *

Here, people can choose to cast tons of low power auras, a few high power auras, or balance it based on their choices. It also promotes party play because not all auras cast by players are the same power and in order to take advantage of a players better aura (or multiple auras you don't have) you would have to stay in proximity.

**As a side note this would apply to just regular nodes and not notable ones. As a side side note - GGG could take this a step further and add a Keystone which would amplify these effects.
To anyone who thinks auras aren't broken try playing with a blood magic keystone and see what the game is without any auras.

My CI shadow hauls in 10k armor from grace alone and hatred doubles his dps.
Not to mention discipline bonus.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jul 22, 2014, 2:19:02 PM
"

I actually never said that I wanted everything nerfed. You were the one that said everything else needed to be buffed, and I disagree.

I have actually played multiple games where the devs nerfed the most OP shit. And it was the best thing to do! SC2 is probably most main stream game example. Terran was way too strong at start and it was good it was nerfed. Shavronnes is in heavy need of nerf and so are auras and spectral throw. Hope they do it soon!
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
My invasion Templar could run zero auras. I don't literally need determination. So that's one no-aura example.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Average damage of lvl 21 wrath, with all aura nodes and inner force, vs average phys damage of loath bane:

Wrath: 347.5
Loath: 273.5

Wrath is 27.2% more damage, loath bane is a near perfect mirrored weapon.

Lightning shocks, physical leeches, so lets call that even for the sake of comparison. It is easier to increase lightning damage with gems/gear/build than it is physical.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 22, 2014, 2:38:32 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
To anyone who thinks auras aren't broken try playing with a blood magic keystone and see what the game is without any auras.

My CI shadow hauls in 10k armor from grace alone and hatred doubles his dps.
Not to mention discipline bonus.

So, just perhaps... they could... buff the BM keystone?
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
I might be wrong but the thing i don't like with Auras is that while i agree they should reserve a % of you mana , you get the same benefits regardless of your mana/life pool which tend to have a negative impact on people who invest in huge mana/life pool and its a reason auras arent popular with BM.

If aura would scale depending the % they reserve it would increase the meta

Someone having 1000 mana running two aura would have them more powerful than someone having 500 mana running the same one.

OR

the more aura you stack less effective they are while 2 -3 being the optimal number (maybe)
Last edited by ffogell on Jul 22, 2014, 3:33:04 PM
you are wrong. get me a low life build with a soultaker and compare it to a crit dagger spec throw. looks like shit it can't evem dream of competing. there had been low life builds witha auras around forever and nobody opened mouth about ir. it was with the rise of the snapshot exploit + dagger + loath bane when it became retarded.

Mjolner for example is well balanced. it is just a really powerful item but not op by any means, i actually think it does not deserves a nerf. why ? the answer to all your concerns is base attack speed an crit. mjolner has no attack speed and the only way to make it work decently is via blood rage. you are very wrong asking to nerf low life, you are very wrong. nerf dagger passives and item bases that are didiculous and when crafted properly they go booom. don't make unbalanced uniques and don't overpower base items. like ambushers and those ridiculously op passives compared to the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info