[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

very nice guide, cheers mate
i am playing a fb witch in the 1 month race to test for the new league

i am suprised that you have enough damage without crit
my char is lvl 58 and the damage is not that great, maybe because i am missing conc effect still

i have two questions
purity of fire is only vs reflect, right?
which means you could go with another aura, if you like

and secondly, what do you do about the missing leech?
just playing with caution and using flasks?
sometimes i have a hard time getting away from a mob ^^
i just have skells with spell totem to protect me
Last edited by prospecial on Jul 24, 2014, 8:30:22 AM
"
prospecial wrote:
very nice guide, cheers mate
i am playing a fb witch in the 1 month race to test for the new league

i am suprised that you have enough damage without crit
my char is lvl 58 and the damage is not that great, maybe because i am missing conc effect still

i have two questions
purity of fire is only vs reflect, right?
which means you could go with another aura, if you like

and secondly, what do you do about the missing leech?
just playing with caution and using flasks?
sometimes i have a hard time getting away from a mob ^^
i just have skells with spell totem to protect me

Thank you for saying so Prospecial!

You will see a HUGE damage increase when you add in concentrated effect. It is without a doubt the most important skill gem for increasing the damage of fireball in this build. You should really try to get that asap :)

Purity of fire is chosen for 2 reasons: 1) To handle reflect damage (which it does really well) as you said so yourself. 2) Fire damage is in the current leagues one of the biggest elemental damage threats, with PoF you will feel a lot safer :)

You can however easily go for another aura. Purity of Elements would be a good choice as well.

I think life leech is way overrated, and I have absolutely no problem with only using my pots and 1% life regen. It should however be noted that arctic armor really starts to shine at around level 16+ and before that you may feel a bit squishy. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a granite flask asap. It will help you a lot! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I was wondering, why are we picking up area effect nodes and area damage nodes? I don't see the tooltip dps increasing or changing when I added conc effect. Is it a hidden stat? or am I missing something here.

Also, when should I start getting the aura nods? I'm currently lv 56 and this is what I'm wearing.

Gear

Last edited by ipeterx33 on Jul 25, 2014, 9:06:45 AM
"
ipeterx33 wrote:
I was wondering, why are we picking up area effect nodes and area damage nodes? I don't see the tooltip dps increasing or changing when I added conc effect. Is it a hidden stat? or am I missing something here.

Also, when should I start getting the aura nods? I'm currently lv 56 and this is what I'm wearing.

Gear

You are right Ipeterx33. The tool-tip does not show the explosion damage from fireball. The good news is that your fireball does SO much more damage than what the tool-tip says. That is also the reason you will feel a big dps boost from adding conc effect even though the tool-tip doesn't change.

About the auras, I would probably start picking up those nodes by now. Remember those nodes will increase your mana regen in two ways: increased effect of clarity + increased total mana pool from discipline :)
For anyone interested I have a very solid; Beginners 2-handed Sword Spectral Throw Build on the way as well. Compared to it costing less that 15 chaos to get into late game with it is really pretty awesome imo :)
I much prefer fire, thank to you :p

http://i.imgur.com/3gxk5eW.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
That looks awesome man!

How far along have you gotten into the build yet? The fireball build I felt really started to shine at around 55-60 for me :)

Oh... And thank you for the screenshots :)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jul 25, 2014, 8:17:39 PM
Thanks, he he !

Doing fine at the moment at level 65, almost at the library.

I changed my 4l for a 5l at 62 with FP and just upgraded my flame totem in a 4l with fire pen aswel. It is going to be good from now as most of my gem are still a bit low, specially on the totem side, but I got now three auras and AA runing without too much mana trouble.

Yeah it definitely change when you go from 3l or less to 4l, and then from 4l to 5l. But since I started it at level 47 or something (tree reset time) it was pretty good all the way exept when I was experimenting totem support. ;p

I have a couple of uniques (Blood Dance, Atziri's Mirror and Moonsorrow) ând the rest is pretty low/average gear, but still going forward without too much difficulty. Life is pretty low though, only got 1900 at the moment, died a few times going for too challenging bosses or rares. However I am very surprised how good multiple fireballs can be on a single target, what a breeze it was to battle Brutus, wasn't expecting that !

The only thing I hate is freaking lag/desync when there is an invincible mob in front of you absorbing all your shots, forcing you to move.

Now I'm looking forward high level equipment, interesting uniques and chaos resistance lol

https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
"
"
ipeterx33 wrote:

Gear

You are right Ipeterx33. The tool-tip does not show the explosion damage from fireball. The good news is that your fireball does SO much more damage than what the tool-tip says. That is also the reason you will feel a big dps boost from adding conc effect even though the tool-tip doesn't change.

About the auras, I would probably start picking up those nodes by now. Remember those nodes will increase your mana regen in two ways: increased effect of clarity + increased total mana pool from discipline :)

Alright cool, I'm going to go start leveling the aura nods. Build is awesome :D
Just wondering, why don't you add this setup to your build?

Multi trap > Trap > Shock nova > Ele prolif?

easy triple shock stacks, that's what I'm doing atm and it has insane dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info