[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

In case you guys might have some questions. Come say hello on my stream tomorrow. I will be happy to answer them for you.

www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro

Good night!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Can someone confirm for me if the passive skill-tree links are working? Poeurl seemed a little unreliable yesterday :)
you should change your passive-tree critical build because it needs much more dexterity.
"
marvao wrote:
you should change your passive-tree critical build because it needs much more dexterity.

Try reading a few of the last comments. Dexterity is fairly easy to get, once you know how.
"
"
marvao wrote:

Try reading a few of the last comments. Dexterity is fairly easy to get, once you know how.

Thanks for the replay. btw can you tell me if Cloak of Flame is viable in this build?
"
marvao wrote:
"
"
marvao wrote:

Thanks for the replay. btw can you tell me if Cloak of Flame is viable in this build?

Hey man! Cloak of Flame can work yea, but I would only advice this in non-hardcore leagues. Also you might want to get a better item late game if you start to feel too squishy =)
Remember to check out the crit version of the tree for end-game scaling guys. It isn't necessary, but it deals more damage :)
Well, that's my build fireball build variant:
Passive skill tree build
What is different:
-I took away area damage and increased area points. I found them pretty point-intensive, and being fireball area of effect pretty tiny I think increased aoe bonus pretty neglegible, so it seems to me not worthy spending all those points for just some area damage.
- Instead I took a lot of casting speed nodes and some elemental damages, getting also +25% damage when enemy is ignited/shocked/freezed. with 20q fireball and this high casting speed every boss is always ignited.
- Avoiding getting area damage let me avoid some unuseful intelligence nodes and deep wisdom.
- I avoided 15% mana regen nodes and the starting 25% mana regen, plus I avoided deep thoughts, earning a lot of other nodes from that. Well, if you need them, took them. I have 370 regen mana/sec so I don't need them.
-I took aura boost nodes because I run 22lvl discipline&clarity and I like them boosted, plus I run vaal haste that benefit that; plus herald of thunder and herald of ice benefit from reduced mana reserved.

At the end with 6L 20/20q fireball and herald of ice&lightining I reach 11k paper dps, and I pretty melt anything. So funny, underrated build.
My actual gear:

The only sad news is that with that new tree I losted 250life due to less life nodes.I'm at 3.9k now (level 90). You could still going into the big life route under Shaper node, trading damage for life points.If my mana regen will be enough, I could think about trading aura nodes for reaching those life nodes, but my mana usage is still pretty intensive(580 mana unreserved, and even with 370mana regen I cannot sustain casting with vaal haste).
Edit: thinking and thinking, I suppose is better to avoid taking Influence nodes, that costs a whole 5 point nodes for 20int, 20% aura effect and 4% mana reserved. Instead we could go steadily into the life route or getting Deep thoughts as original build author noted, and using the other 3 points for going anywhere (life or spell damage as you like).
Edit2: as supposed, original author did better calculus then mines ;) I took away aura increased effect and I get aura reduced mana reservation nodes, I got deep thoughts, I left out one 5% life node on the templar side to reach the big 14% life wheel. I recovered my 250 life points! And I thought I have even more life then before, reaching 4.2k at level 90 with the published gear(that is not so life intensive).
My regen mana is the same of before (374/sec) and my actual mana is even better than before ( 739 instead of 556),plus I'm now opened to put more points on life if I want, having reached the big life wheel.
That's my final build (for now :D )
Passive skill tree build
Last edited by engharat on Dec 14, 2014, 8:53:34 AM
"
engharat wrote:
Well, that's my build fireball build variant:
Passive skill tree build
What is different:
-I took away area damage and increased area points. I found them pretty point-intensive, and being fireball area of effect pretty tiny I think increased aoe bonus pretty neglegible, so it seems to me not worthy spending all those points for just some area damage.
- Instead I took a lot of casting speed nodes and some elemental damages, getting also +25% damage when enemy is ignited/shocked/freezed. with 20q fireball and this high casting speed every boss is always ignited.
- Avoiding getting area damage let me avoid some unuseful intelligence nodes and deep wisdom.
- I avoided 15% mana regen nodes and the starting 25% mana regen, plus I avoided deep thoughts, earning a lot of other nodes from that. Well, if you need them, took them. I have 370 regen mana/sec so I don't need them.
-I took aura boost nodes because I run 22lvl discipline&clarity and I like them boosted, plus I run vaal haste that benefit that; plus herald of thunder and herald of ice benefit from reduced mana reserved.

At the end with 6L 20/20q fireball and herald of ice&lightining I reach 11k paper dps, and I pretty melt anything. So funny, underrated build.
My actual gear:

The only sad news is that with that new tree I losted 250life due to less life nodes.I'm at 3.9k now (level 90). You could still going into the big life route under Shaper node, trading damage for life points.If my mana regen will be enough, I could think about trading aura nodes for reaching those life nodes, but my mana usage is still pretty intensive(580 mana unreserved, and even with 370mana regen I cannot sustain casting with vaal haste).
Edit: thinking and thinking, I suppose is better to avoid taking Influence nodes, that costs a whole 5 point nodes for 20int, 20% aura effect and 4% mana reserved. Instead we could go steadily into the life route or getting Deep thoughts as original build author noted, and using the other 3 points for going anywhere (life or spell damage as you like).
Edit2: as supposed, original author did better calculus then mines ;) I took away aura increased effect and I get aura reduced mana reservation nodes, I got deep thoughts, I left out one 5% life node on the templar side to reach the big 14% life wheel. I recovered my 250 life points! And I thought I have even more life then before, reaching 4.2k at level 90 with the published gear(that is not so life intensive).
My regen mana is the same of before (374/sec) and my actual mana is even better than before ( 739 instead of 556),plus I'm now opened to put more points on life if I want, having reached the big life wheel.
That's my final build (for now :D )
Passive skill tree build

Hey man! First of all good job, it looks really solid. There is really not much for me to criticize. The only thing I don't agree with is leaving out the AoE notables. More than half our damage comes from the explosion of the fireball, not the projectile by picking these up you scale that damage by 20% and increase the AoE, which in my experience makes a significant difference.

This is just my opinion though :)

I agree that fireball is an underrated skill!
You put the priority for offense Stats: 1: fire dmg and ele dmg, 2: spell dmg, 3: faster cast. Then why, when you start from the witch, don’t you take the first 3 spell dmg nodes? You go the right way – 3% faster cast. Why?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info