Self-cast Legacy Crit Discharger with Voll uniques by Markusz - 1.3 Ready!

"
checkmater75 wrote:
Hey, loved the guide, really thinking about making a self-caster myself.

I just wanted to post about a small thing I noticed, in your builds, you take 4 points to get from the right-hand side of the witch starting area to the diagonal streak that connects with CI. Couldn't you go through the right of Deep Wisdom, save yourself some points in the build that takes conduit (go even on points in the non-Conduit ones) and get dex instead of int? I don't know exactly how your attributes work out, but you took multiple 30 dex nodes in your tree... Just a thought.

Also, do you think a budget build (w/o atziri's gloves) would be more viable as scion? Easier access to vaal pact/anti-stun? The crit multi nodes you took could be reallocated to the witch ones (though they are a little worse, but you have nice 10% crit nodes in the scion starting area.

(My rough estimates say that you can take out 13 points in the strength left hand side, which could hurt att requirements, but you can put those points elsewhere into es nodes in the scion starting area...)

Thanks for the awesome guide!

Hey, yes that way is better. I didnt make the tree with scion yet, so I dont know but I'll update the trees when I can, probably on the weekend, cheers.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Interesting build!

I really want to play a discharge build in Beyond league, and I stumpled across this. However... As you mentioned yourself, with Vaal pact only it's hard to sustain through ele reflect packs and since Atziri's Acuity is impossible to get in Beyond, would this deem this build impossible in Beyond?

We all know that you can only skip ele reflect packs for so long, until you forget or cruise control yourself into a pack. So skipping is not a long term solution. Is Vaal Pact nowhere near enough sustain, with capped resistances?
Last edited by Sulinia on Sep 11, 2014, 1:31:17 AM
"
Sulinia wrote:
Interesting build!

I really want to play a discharge build in Beyond league, and I stumpled across this. However... As you mentioned yourself, with Vaal pact only it's hard to sustain through ele reflect packs and since Atziri's Acuity is impossible to get in Beyond, would this deem this build impossible in Beyond?

We all know that you can only skip ele reflect packs for so long, until you forget or cruise control yourself into a pack. So skipping is not a long term solution. Is Vaal Pact nowhere near enough sustain, with capped resistances?

Some variation of this build should be viable on Beyond for sure, I just never tried it so I'm not posting about this.

Some math with Vaal Pact:
Damage leech with only lvl20 Life Leech Gem and Vaal Pact: 8.8% * 40% = 3.52%
Damage leech with lvl20 Life Leech Gem, 1% Leech from gear and Vaal Pact: 9.8% * 40% = 3.92%
Damage leech with lvl20 Life Leech Gem, 2% Leech from gear and Vaal Pact: 10.8% * 40% = 4.32%

Damage reflected back with 14% monster reflect and 75% player resistance: 14% * 25% = 3.5%
Damage reflected back with 14% monster reflect and 85% player resistance: 14% * 15% = 2.1%
Damage reflected back with 18% monster reflect and 75% player resistance: 18% * 25% = 4.5%
Damage reflected back with 18% monster reflect and 85% player resistance: 18% * 15% = 2.7%
Damage reflected back with 32% monster reflect and 85% player resistance: 32% * 15% = 4.8%

This means that with 10.8% leech, 85% resist against double reflect (32%) you are damaged for 0.48% of your damage per monster per cast.

The very safe variation I could imagine for hardcore is the budget version mentioned in the bottom of the thread with Avatar of Fire and proliferation. That way you could only deal Fire Damage so you would only need one type of resistance flask against reflect for more resist and could use Arctic Armour.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Sep 11, 2014, 11:27:37 AM
Last edited by nitro1914 on Sep 11, 2014, 10:30:14 PM
i had a question about the build can it be done with aegis aurora shield and stone of lazhwar ammy using volls protector as the armor for dischager in not i do have the volls devotion agate amulet.
i also have void batter wand if needed not shure what help that will do or if im b. head peace i was thinking possable 3 dragons head peace or the vertex vaal mask. etter of trading it off for other stuff as mine is valued at 45 ex now. i cant afford the nice atziris gaunlets your have. my in game name is newicephynix pm me as soon as possible.
This build looks awesome... I love the video.

What's this build like at around level 60-65?

I don't intend to do high-level end-game. I always just take my builds to end of Merciless Act 3 and leave it as that (which tends to be about level 60) but I would love to make a build similar to this for this stage of game?

I'm curious as to why you have a bunch of level 1 gems? is that just to trigger ele prolif so you can discharge? but why would you still not level them up anyways?
"
brunowa wrote:
This build looks awesome... I love the video.

What's this build like at around level 60-65?

I don't intend to do high-level end-game. I always just take my builds to end of Merciless Act 3 and leave it as that (which tends to be about level 60) but I would love to make a build similar to this for this stage of game?

Thanks. Please read the bottom of the thread for low level instructions but this build is best at high levels. At low levels it doesnt work that effectively, just to warn you that you most likely wont get the same feeling as on the video with lvl60-65 char.

"
zetobyx wrote:
I'm curious as to why you have a bunch of level 1 gems? is that just to trigger ele prolif so you can discharge? but why would you still not level them up anyways?

Those are low at level so CWDT support can cast them, and when they cast and hit with a critical strike I get a power charge for each hit (because of the chest) so I dont have to self cast Ice spear so many times and maximizse charge amount.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Sep 14, 2014, 10:48:45 AM
Hi, i want to try this build but...do i have the chance of getting the 2 voll's item? or is nearly impossible?
Hi,

I am nearly 73, already switch at Chaos innoculation. Got 6k5 ES under discipline aura. I don't understand how u can go at 55k on discharge, i can't barely reach 10 k with 10 charge (7 power and 3 endu). I am only at 50 % crit, and pick near 90 % of the crit noddle u reach, how can u cap it and do such amount dammages.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info