You know auras are broken when...

"
Crackmonster wrote:
You do know Startkabels, that i am playing that build, right? And that i love auras, right?

I write these posts because i would like to see more variety in the game, more ways to be endgame competitive and not a few options miles and miles ahead of everything else.

I would love if there was 20-30 almost equally powerful builds with different itemization that players could progress with, so that players were encouraged to play what they found most fun rather than what they needed to in order to get anywhere because everything else is bad compared to it.

Here i also have something for you:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/978725

"Nerfs make ppl cry and whine like hell, but so does removing a pacifier from a child. Eventually it has to go for their own sake, but they will still cry and moan about it.

The game keeps throwing power increases around. New skills and powerlevels are supreme compared to old things. You either have to start nerfing those uber things or boost all hp levels, which has the same effect really except boosting hp levels requires balancing of all other skills, some will be forgotten and completely screwed over.

In short, game keeps increasing your power all the time with new things coming out, if you don't stop it and start balancing those things too powerful, everything will be in a shit state eventually."

Other words for your problem with that certain build you're trying to get nerfed to shit

And the problem is that nerfing everything will not only effect that build of yours but also builds of newbies for example that are already very shitty.

Good thinking..

And about that quote there: The mistake you're making is that you think the components of that builds are the problem: Nerf aura's, nerf ST, nerf this and that. Everything that build uses.
The problem are not the components, the problem is the total package (if you can call it a problem at all).
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 3:00:14 PM
You should really get that brain looked at.

ST only sucks in a completely bad build, and that is the fault of the build, so don't use that as an excuse as why to keep something out of balance.

EDIT: Oh, and tell me, what does the total package consist of? Its components.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 22, 2014, 3:08:39 PM
ST only sucks in a completely bad build by design.

There, fixed that for you
"
mark1030 wrote:
We're all talking about the same single OP build using auras, right? I haven't heard anybody complain about auras making Glacial Hammer or Split Arrow or Molten strike or whatever else people make OP. Just the one that is designed around pathing the tree to get every aura node.

I thought so too. I mean we're all really talking about Shav's + Crown of Eyes + ST + auras, right? Crack's solution is to nerf every component of the package, never mind that would shit on every build that uses a single one of the components.

Crack, you play the build. Does it not require snapshotting? With that gone, isn't it nerfed enough?
I don't snapshot it, it's certainly not required for godlike state.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Auras are not broken, stacking auras and aura passives combined with ST, crown of eyes and a dagger with crit passives appears to be.

The solution is not to nerf components but to break the synergy, for example to change the way ST is designed in a way bow and wand skills are designed too.

No dagger anymore when using ST: reduced attack speed, reduced crit chance, damage that is easily scalable

And of course made up for the slap in the face of melee.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 5:03:20 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:
Auras are not broken, stacking auras and aura passives combined with ST, crown of eyes and a dagger with crit passives appears to be.

I wouldn't even go that far. The difficulty in obtaining the gear required, as well as the complete specialization of the tree seem investment enough to me.
True..
Average damage of lvl 21 wrath, with all aura nodes and inner force, vs average phys damage of loath bane:

Wrath: 347.5
Loath: 273.5

Wrath is 27.2% more damage, loath bane is a near perfect mirrored weapon.

Lightning shocks, physical leeches, so lets call that even for the sake of comparison. It is easier to increase lightning damage with gems/gear/build than it is physical.
"
Startkabels wrote:

DEAL WITH IT or come with a serious suggestion because you sounds pretty stupid with everything you want to get nerfed.

This from a guy with a 26 page long Cry post about ST in Feedback. LOL'ed.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info