Why so many nerfs, ey?

For the general population; why everyone who are seriously concerned about the game has to push for nerfs from time to time:

Nerfs make ppl cry and whine like hell, but so does removing a pacifier from a child. Eventually it has to go for their own sake, but they will still cry and moan about it.

The game keeps throwing power increases around. New skills and powerlevels are supreme compared to old things. You either have to start nerfing those uber things or boost all hp levels, which has the same effect really except boosting hp levels requires balancing of all other skills, some will be forgotten and completely screwed over.

In short, game keeps increasing your power all the time with new things coming out, if you don't stop it and start balancing those things too powerful, everything will be in a shit state eventually.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 22, 2014, 7:55:38 AM
new league release is a good time to do major balance changes.
IGN TylordRampage
Most of the "nerfs" aren't that. They're fixes. They discover that something isn't working as intended due to interactions with other effects that they didn't consider and they fix it. GGG is actually pretty slow to simply nerf something.

Fixes need to be quick and immediate. That way people don't get used to them. GGG doesn't typically get this right. They let people play with overpowered stuff until they get used to it and then when they remove the problem, people are more upset with them. Charon is a case in point. The "straw" that broke that back was removing a snap-shotting effect that he grew too accustom to. He thought it was fair. He opposed it's removal. He didn't see the problem because he was happy with the results.

The reason that there's so many of these fixes is that the game is too complex for even the developers to understand it. They insist on adding new experimental stuff to the game and that's always going to cause problems. Get used to that. The problems will keep coming, players will continue to abuse them, and the problems will be removed.
Agreed, OP.

Nerf spectral throw. :D
I completely agree, shags.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Agreed, OP.

Nerf spectral throw. :D

Right after 2 milion dmg flicker strike, discharge ... Cool story bro.
spectral throw should never have existed. What's the point to use melee ( range ) skills now ?
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 22, 2014, 10:49:54 AM
What nerfs?
Git R Dun!
Why so serious, ey?

Also, i dont understand what the OP is about. First you ask why people pressure GGG for changes and then you continue with saying how these changes are necessary
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Malone wrote:
spectral throw should never have existed. What's the point to use melee ( range ) skills now ?

It's still a little to powerful in the lower levels. But i'm not sure it should never existed. The return part is what makes it OP at times.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info