You know auras are broken when...

Strange cause you apperently completely agree: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979020/page/1#p8293562

And I was having a "discussion" with Crackmonster (what's in a name), so yes lot of posts..

If there is something specific that you found funny don't hesitate to let me know so I can elaborate
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 6:20:53 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:
Strange cause you apperently completely agree: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979020/page/1#p8293562

And I was having a "discussion" with Crackmonster (what's in a name), so yes lot of posts..

If there is something specific that you found funny don't hesitate to let me know so I can elaborate

There are several "serious" Suggestions about Auras here in the forums allready. There are also plenty of posts elaborating why auras atm are too strong.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
So why not just give Spectral Throw a Zero crit chance like Incinerate? Wouldn't that fix the low life, shavs , crown of Eyes, Dagger build? If that's not enough give it an attack speed penalty like Culling Strike.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 22, 2014, 8:18:13 PM
The problem is that ST's damage is uncontrollable because any weapon can be used basically.

Why shouldnt ST have a crit chance? Power Siphon has it and actually works pretty good with crit.

Removing crit would maybe fix the OPness of that build yes, but it also takes out the juice of ST for all other builds.

Nerfing ST is not a good solutioni in my opinion, designing it in a similar way as other skills is. ST should only work with specific weapons, throwing weapons if you ask me...
"
Startkabels wrote:
Nerfing ST is not a good solutioni in my opinion, designing it in a similar way as other skills is. ST should only work with specific weapons, throwing weapons if you ask me...

Spectral Throw is basically Diablo II's Blade Fury with 100% Piercing plus a boomerang effect. Thing is, however, that BF had a Less Damage modifier that reduced all weapon damage by 1/4 for one-hand weapons and 5/8 for 2-handers. Leveling the skill up was futile and BF's attack speed was fixed at 3 APS. These factors combined put a limit on Blade Fury's scalability, making it a niche build compared to the buffability of ranged weapons in D2.

To put Spectral Throw in its rightful place, it should have a Less Damage mod even more severe than Blade Fury's, with a damage reduction proportional to the weapon's attack speed. That would make single hits more effective with slow 2-hand weapons, and neutralize the APS advantage of daggers.
No the thing is that that skill was only available for Assassins really
"
Startkabels wrote:
No the thing is that that skill was only available for Assassins really

So? Nothin shabby about 'Sins. You could do a lot more weapon damage with melee skills than with Blade Fury.
Yeah but assassins tradeoff defense.

BTW: Also having to play as Assassin to be able to use this skill is a big tradeoff by itself as in D2 choosing a character automatically means you're limited to it's skillset.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 6:05:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info