Apex of Sacrifice: Holy Shit

Oh, thanks.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Um, I don't agree that dry woods is any kind of test for the apex. My (at the time) lvl 83 could clear dry woods in a sec, villa no problem, residence, easy peasy, apex = DEATH. Cleared the mobs leading up to those vaal ugly twins, problematic, agonizingly slow, but no death.

What means Pol, prototypx?

Likewise my level 84 cyclone discharger wiped maps up to 75 and died on the triple boss. But I admit I could clear the lawn trash mobs. And I agree that dry woods isn't much of a test. Currently working on more overcapped resists before I try again. Leveling is too darn slow at this level.
"
Leveling is too darn slow at this level.

You got that right!
Censored.
Yeah, leveling is a PITA - I stopped running my high level maps so I have a good pool when they put strongboxes in standard. But that means no way to level for a while. And I'm not going back to Apex until I get to 80+ resists. That place is murder.
LOL I've been buying maps lately, I'm glad you told me about the strongboxes in standard, never thought about it but it makes sense. Also makes me happy! :) I just sold 2 midnights over the weekend which only leaves me 1. But, like you, no plans immediately to be murdered again.
Censored.
"
PrototypX wrote:
You should try to use PoL (for not shocked) and then selfcast enduring cry + immortal call
for physical immunity.

It should be obvious that purity auras would be buffed, and I was running with POF, POC, and POL.

The fact that my hit points are low and I have almost no damage avoidance, I was melted butter being cut by a white hot knife.

"
kolyaboo wrote:
Um, I don't agree that dry woods is any kind of test for the apex. My (at the time) lvl 83 could clear dry woods in a sec, villa no problem, residence, easy peasy, apex = DEATH. Cleared the mobs leading up to those vaal ugly twins, problematic, agonizingly slow, but no death.

What means Pol, prototypx?

That's because the Apex has no white monsters, from what I understand.

It's not just one level higher, because monsters have magical attributes. So monsters are much stronger than just "one more level".
Mobs in Apex are stronger than mobs in high rolled (increase dmg, resistance, vulnerability) level 78 map. They have lots of HP/def, hit hard and have elemental status effect (can shock easily).

You need at least 4000 ES to have some chance of surviving Apex and, generally any 76+ map.
"
kaarelo wrote:
Not sure if serious or trolling...

your life and es are pretty much the same amount of people playing in cruel difficulty. Sure you have MoM but it only woofks with life not es."damage taken from your mana before your life"

when playing in hc i would be worried if i can handle cruel dominus with that.

I agree with kaarelo and toxicm. Also preparing your build in the catacombs which is what a lvl 67 zone in act 3 isn't the most clever idea. You can see why people think you are not serious.

When you can do maps and bosses at decently hard map mods 76, 77, 78 then we are talking. Not lvl 67 catacomb or lvl 71 dry woods lol =)

Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 21, 2014, 7:19:38 AM
"
Natharias wrote:

It's low but not glass cannon low

Post /deaths
having been beating my head against apex i have the following observations:

* the mobs are a pain in the ass.

* almost all of them, if not all of them, have elemental resistance.

* the vaal fallen have a shitload of life and hit hard.

* many are curse immune.

* the vaal constructs seem to spawn with LMP pretty much all the time

i ran into vaal fallen that AFTER cursing with elemental weakness were still showing "resistance to fire".

so yeah, a bit of a problem for my RF AND incinerate build.

i can understand why everyone tries to skip those stupid mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info