Cheap, Tanky, DPSy: Summon Raging Spirit [not updated for 1.3+]

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
I think it may make a difference if you have a L21 gem linked to both Hatred-Generosity and the other auras, since GGG said that for 1.2 they combine the mana reservations before rounding.

I have my L21 linked to Hatred/Generosity and am currently trying to get a 2nd L21 to see if that helps and wil let you know the results.

It is very frustrating: I had to get an extra mana passive, since I had 126 unreserved mana, the SRS costs 125 mana, and my Arctic Armour kept switching off at random times as the difference was apparently too small.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Brayzz wrote:
Well the DPS tool says even with 0%minion damage from the tree and gear that the melee physical is better. But I dont understand why.

Well the reason why is just equations. Intuitively MPD is a more multiplier, and it gets applied before conversion to cold/fire from hatred/srs innate.

Also, Melee Splash and Multistrike provide increased damage (together about 100% at the higher levels where you normally start having a 5L).

Strongly simplified model:
You have 100% base and 100% increase from Splash and Multi, for a total of 200%.
- MD adds about 70 giving 270 total
- MPD multiplies with about 1.45 giving 290.

If you add the 35% of tree nodes near Gravepact, the difference grows:
- MD gives you 100+100+70+35=305
- MPD gives you (100+100+35)*1.45 = 340

If you use all level 1 gems and no tree nodes (typically when you are fast leveling using a Tabula Rasa), it becomes:
- MD gives you 100+45=145
- MPD gives you 100*1.3=130
so for very low gem levels MD is better, but this is only briefly.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Sep 30, 2014, 4:41:48 AM

16 exa pm VinSsrsk for trade

summon ragin + melee splash+ multistrike+ faster attack + melee physical dmg+ minion dmg
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Also, Melee Splash and Multistrike provide increased damage

Ah yes that one makes sense now. Thx
Hi there!

First of all I want to say thanks for this awesome guide :). I come here to share my character because you guys know a lot more from the game than me and maybe you will help me saying which one is my next step mostly in what to get (I know I'm still far from endgame but I really need advice).

First of all, the gear (currently lvl 77, I know the gem setup is a bit messy :/) :
Spoiler

And now my thoughts. I feel the dps like an overkill, but the thing is that sitting at 34xx life, res capped I feel a bit squishy against hard hits (rhoas, charge mobs, all of this kind). I don't feel enough mitigation the CwdT setup, and want to know how is it at high level and running 73+ maps.

Second. I did maps from 66 to 72 (their lvl) and found that in some situations I don't really know how to engage succesfully. The better examples are Merveil from Graveyard and Piety from Temple. Eventually I got killed by them and I think the problem is from gear, but wanted to ask you so you can help me improve.

Dexterity. I followed the OP tree grabbing the +30 nodes but had still to get a lot from gear losing in some cases an enchantment to get 164 points and be able to level up all the dex gems. Is there any chance to make this not having to aim this dex score from gear?

One last question. Until this moment I rely on HP (like I said 34xx) but seems to me pretty impossible to be just an ES char (as the OP suggest). When is the right moment to start thinking in swap to ES and which ones are the most important pieces of gear to get first? What is the "okish" amount of ES you should have to feel comfortable?

Thanks a lot for the replys (I know they will come) and again thanks A LOT for this funny awesome endgame guide.
Last edited by Eidanx on Oct 4, 2014, 5:02:18 PM
Wouldn't this be more efficient for curse on hit?
armor rm bm clar/ rm gen hatr
helm red haste disc arctic
glov arc curse curse coh
boot vaal haste vaal disc inc dur flesh
IGN:GimmeGimmeBinos BainBainBain 3-12 pm PST
"
BlackGuysFtw wrote:
Wouldn't this be more efficient for curse on hit?
armor rm bm clar/ rm gen hatr
helm red haste disc arctic
glov arc curse curse coh
boot vaal haste vaal disc inc dur flesh

I know that there is a LOT of pages to read, but this topic is older mate (the curse thing).

hey Hey Eidanx. I'm on lvl 80 on Rampage now, and i left the cwdt setup around lvl 50 to change myself into a hybrid life/es.

My gear now:
Spoiler

I'm with ~2k HP after reservation and -2.5k ES.
Not great, but i'll upgrade all this stuff as i can. And the last 20 points are all defensive (ES or Life).

About your questions...

73+ maps: So far, no problem at all. Just cast Vaal Disc, Vaal Haste, Flash.O if possible, and the bosses melt in less than 8 sec. In a few cases you need to kit and run or to keep yourself near the boss (like piety). 75% res and a flask to give more cap res helps A LOT. Also granite with surgeon.

About your gear... Most are really bad stuff. Mine are not that great, but they are a lot better and i don't have much more levels than you do. Try to max res without needing it on all your equips and buy things ES based. Also change to hybrid.

DEX: since i don't have yet lvl20-21 reduced mana, i did grab the charisma nod (total -12% mana reservation over there). And also all that nice dex on the way.
I felt that it's easier to keep this until my gear can keep the dex up, and my gems the reservation.

Last one about ES: 1st change the ones that are cheaper. Like gloves. Then boots. You also need an alphas and a ES base armor with more than 90 ES.
If you can manage to have at least 2k ES, it's a nice start (after the conversion to hybrid). Around 4k ES makes you feel really better and safier.

Sorry about my lack of english skills, but english is not the main language of my country and i'm too lazy to open google translator to help me out XD.
Thanks a lot for the reply, I'll try to make some changes tomorrow and tell you how they went :)
Build working very well. Everything dies instantly. Currently playing in beyond at lvl 96
Fairly safe to play aswell If I position properly

Spoiler

Edit: usually have enfeeble in helmet. The purity of elements is just there because I did an ele weakness map

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAA-4EBwZJBx4I9Ax9DXwNjRB_EVAWbxcvGjgabBslHNwdTx2qHb4i9CSqJLAn7Sj6KlMsnC9vM4c1kjW5NulBh0WdRnFJUUmxSshMs1NSVcZV1lcrV8lZbVnzWpFfKl-YYpVk52aeakNqrGvbbAtsFm0Zbqpwu30Yfll_xoCkgseDCYPbhtGHGY_6kFWTJ5UumK2a4J2upqynCKcrp4SofayqsnC0DLXytz64k72CwBrAVMHFxp7PMtP718_YvdkT2Vva3d-K4YjjaukC6rrr5Ovu7Bjsiu-I8NX5N_no-tL8S_4K_rM=
Last edited by adrinatoren on Oct 4, 2014, 11:25:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info