Cheap, Tanky, DPSy: Summon Raging Spirit [not updated for 1.3+]

I've recently releveled SRSer in Beyond and will try to share my take on lvling process

Ended up with following gear at lvl 65

"
ekunholy wrote:

Replace astramentis with Atziri's Foible OR heavy dex + 20'ish str amulet (wouldn't be able to lvl up VHaste and some other gems, pick 30 STR\DEX in tree)
I just had this 6L chest in my stash, Tabula Rasa was my 6L for most of time
Replace Added Fire with Increased Duration unless you get duration nodes

Mana issue? Mana flask! Zero fuck given about mana regen and aa

Tree @65. Scion
1. Up, Quick Recovery, move to Heart and Soul in witch area
2. Down, Exceptional Performance (no Sentinel if res capped)
* Equilibrium at lvl 24
3. Right, Harrier, Dreamer, Written in Blood
4. Aura nodes - but you will be fine with Clarity+Haste with only RM gem, so may pick more life and travel to left inc. duration cluster

At lvl 1

2 x Lifesprig wands or 1 X Lifesprig + Perandus shield
Ice nova Q0, Fire trap Q0 (in Lifesprig for +1 lvl), combined with added lightning Q0 (Lvl 12 req).
Lochtonial Caress (cast speed bonus) + Wanderlust + Goldrim + Karui Ward (dex\str and movespeed) + Random transmuted white coral rings and leather belt from vendor.
Tabula Rasa for lvling gems used in mail build.
Flasks is 2 life, 2 qs, 1 mana

This setup was used all the way up to normal vaal, had few upgrades with rare items dropped. Auras: Clarity.

At lvl 23-24

1 x Lifesprig wand (or any better castspeed weapon) + Matua Tupuna shield (RRB)
SRS + Splash + Multistrike

At lvl 24 some gems would be unlocked: Flesh Offering, Increased duration, Curse on Hit.
I've used Ice Nova + COH + Elem weakness 3L setup with Elem Equilibrium keystone (i haven't used hatred on whole way to lvl 65).

At this lvl farming in Sarn was super easy, Matua Tupuna is very powerful but used only until lvl 31.

At lvl 31

6L SRS setup in Tabula (Increased Duration instead of Added Fire or Minion Dmg), Dying Breath in hands.
ANY pieces of gear that would help reach 73 dex required for lvl 1 VHaste.
Replace Lochtonial Caress whenever need more life\resists from this slot.
Upgrade rare items, keep resists close to cap, keep running!

Generic strategy was: run close to mobs pack, cast 2 skulls, cast nova+coh+curse, run to next pack, cast 4 skulls, cast nova and pop offering from previous pack, and so on.
Last edited by ekunholy on Oct 6, 2014, 4:46:02 PM
I will be able to kill Atziri with this gear?
level 84
HP: 2800
ES: 3100

Using hatred + haste + clarity
can switch melee splash for level 3 empower for bosses
"
Eidanx wrote:
Jungle Valley flicker spiders oneshoted me 3 times just with that, flickering :(.

For JV boss:
Replace vaal disc with vaal cold snap. "Always freezes enemies" and "base duration 10s" + 90% from tree and also inc dur gem... you will have all the time in the world to burn down the blues. You have to pop the granite before you run in so you can survive a couple flickers until you get everything frozen.

And in general, with flickering monsters: stay close to your totem so they don't flicker back and forth between you and it.

In public groups, just skip it.
"
kanon1 wrote:
I will be able to kill Atziri with this gear?

can switch melee splash for level 3 empower for bosses

Yes totally doable. I'm doing it now with 5.5kish total life+es, 5l+3 staff and no cast speed.
So must be pretty close to your setup in term of defense and dps.
Don't forget the flasks, multiple vaal haste and a vaal discipline (helps if you die in split phase).
You might need some practice though, took me like 8-10 times before doing it deathless.

And added fire damage might be better than empower level 3 without +1 all gems. Not 100% sure though, check the dps tool in first post.
Isnt Minion Damage gem better or empower level3?
SRS-Echo-MPD-Multi-Msplash,.......Minion Damage or Empower Level 3 ?
"
borbe01 wrote:
SRS-Echo-MPD-Multi-Msplash,.......Minion Damage or Empower Level 3 ?

This is covered in OP. MD if your staff doesn't have +1 gems, Emp L3 if it has it.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
What about linking Increased Duration to SRS? More spirits = more dps, right?

Also, I understand that Melee Splash should go after Echo-Multi-Melee Phys, but isn't Minion Damage better because it doesn't make your spirits weaker vs single targets?
Duration is not that good. Only increases your max dps but it takes time to get all spirits out. Doesn't compete with other gems.

Melee splash is too good vs packs. Even more with quality. It can hit 5-6 target at once easily making it very efficient. If you change it vs anything else you'll see the difference while mapping.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Oct 10, 2014, 4:01:39 AM
That makes sense. Can't wait to get to high levels with this build!

I really like the Generosity Hatred combo, as it's very good for my spirits, plus it helps out any physical damage chars in the party

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info