Cheap, Tanky, DPSy: Summon Raging Spirit [not updated for 1.3+]

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Reduced mana cost of skills doesn't affect AA (wiki).

I guess since the Reduced Mana gem doesn't work that's to be expected. There's still 8% x4 mana nodes and a 20% mana regen node by Sion I could use instead. Hopefully those give enough to support the level 20 AA with Inner Force. I'm using lvl 16 right now and I could get around 150% more mana regen from gear and a lot of +mana from jewelry. I'll try checking the AA calc.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
Last edited by ffhighwind on Sep 27, 2014, 8:56:10 AM
"
xythian wrote:
You (via your spell totem) hit the mobs with Arc. This increases their Lightning Resistance, but dramatically lowers their Fire and Cold resistance. Your SRS now do much more Cold (via Hatred) and Fire damage.

Ah, I thought so, thanks a lot!
Hey I got only 30% minion damage from the tree. Isnt Minion Damage gem better for the 5 link than Melee Physical gem?

I calculated it and it looks like it has 10% more DPS.
"
Brayzz wrote:
Hey I got only 30% minion damage from the tree. Isnt Minion Damage gem better for the 5 link than Melee Physical gem?

I calculated it and it looks like it has 10% more DPS.

Check using the DPS tool, I think MD will be better.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
"
ViRuS171 wrote:
How do you cast SRS with a 6 link and 3 - 60% auras(discipline, hatred, haste)? I have all the aura reduction nodes in the OP's build and I'm using Alpha's Howl. Unreserved mana is about 80 and SRS is about 90-110 depending on which gems I'm using. Is level 20 reduced mana required? I'm using level 19 right now...

Yes, lv 20 reduced mana is required.

Also, you need to make sure the total amount of your mana is high enough. After the 3 auras reserved mana, you probably have 10% of mana left. For example if you have 800 mana in total, then you have about 80 mana left, which is not enough for 6L.

I have a possibly stupid question on this:

I have the same setup, and I get similar results with a lvl 19 Reduced Mana (72% reduction).
When I put a level 20 Reduced mana (71% reduction) in, I free up a bunch of mana and it works.
However, when I put a lvl 21 Reduced mana (70% reduction) in, I get exactly the same mana use as with level 20.

Is there a reason for this, or am I missing soemthing?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Well the DPS tool says even with 0%minion damage from the tree and gear that the melee physical is better. But I dont understand why.
"
Flapdrol wrote:

I have the same setup, and I get similar results with a lvl 19 Reduced Mana (72% reduction).
When I put a level 20 Reduced mana (71% reduction) in, I free up a bunch of mana and it works.
However, when I put a lvl 21 Reduced mana (70% reduction) in, I get exactly the same mana use as with level 20.

PoE always rounds down and the difference in mana reservation from lvl 20 to 21 gem is not enough to lower the reserved amount by a whole 1%.

Sources of Reduced Mana

20 Gem: .71
21 Gem: .70
Tree + Alphas: 22% + 8% = 30% (.70)

60 * .71 * .70 = 29.82 = 29 (round down)
29 * 3 = 87% mana reserved

60 * .70 * .70 = 29.4 = 29 (round down)
"
Brayzz wrote:
Well the DPS tool says even with 0%minion damage from the tree and gear that the melee physical is better. But I dont understand why.

Well the reason why is just equations. Intuitively MPD is a more multiplier, and it gets applied before conversion to cold/fire from hatred/srs innate.

"
xythian wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

PoE always rounds down and the difference in mana reservation from lvl 20 to 21 gem is not enough to lower the reserved amount by a whole 1%.

Sources of Reduced Mana

Wait so does this mean we shouldn't be trying to vaal to level 21 reduced mana?
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
xythian wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

Sources of Reduced Mana

Wait so does this mean we shouldn't be trying to vaal to level 21 reduced mana?

I think it may make a difference if you have a L21 gem linked to both Hatred-Generosity and the other auras, since GGG said that for 1.2 they combine the mana reservations before rounding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info