1.1.0 Incinerate Atziri Farmer

"
hankinsohl wrote:
This build looks interesting.

I have a few questions:

1) What rewards did you take from the bandit quests?
2) What skill did you use to level? Did you just level with Incinerate starting at level 10 when the skill first becomes available or did you use some other skill?
3) Any problems dealing with lightning thorns or corrupted blood?

Hey there,

1. I took Normal Oak's +40hp reward, Cruel Skillpoint, Merciless Oak's Endurance Charge.

2. Leveling I used Flameblast, this build was made during the 1 month HC race. You can use Arc/Flameblast/Flame Totem/Searing Bond and a few others including Incinerate I would guess. Fortunately my build uses a fairly generic build path by grabbing every nearby life node. I transitioned into Incinerate at around level 70, using a +1 to fire gems mace I vendored in normal difficulty and Flameblast carried me the whole way. (Died in merciless sewers to invader) Grab AoE nodes if you go Flameblast and start leveling a quality Incinerate as soon as you can if you are starting a new league.

3. Once you have the build established at around level 70, Lightning Thorns deals no damage due to high spellblock and 85%+ resistance. With a Lightning Resistance Flask you can achieve 98% resists so you can fully ignore it, even without flask you will sustain through the reflected damage.
Corrupted blood can be tricky if you are not prepared, obviously a bleed flask is necessary but something people overlook is the fact that enfeeble lowers the damage it deals. Inversely, if the mob with corrupting blood has a +physical damage aura then the bleed deals more damage. I'm not 100% sure if lighting coil helps with corrupting blood, it is physical degen but I don't know if it is converted to lightning or not. I use a remove bleed flask and enfeeble and have had no problems with it even in high level maps. Don't forget you can always just pop a 10 second immortal call and become immune for the whole duration, this is safest way.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jul 20, 2014, 11:37:29 AM
updated
Nice build I will test it but why you dont use Firepen gem?
IGN : LastHopeSama

hey im loving incinerate so far. im level 45 and i find that incinerate is better than fireball or flameblast, but it could just be the 'feeling'. i dont know about min maxing exact clear times or kill speed because i like to 'just play' but incinerate feels pretty good for leveling at least at 45.

now i gotta couple questions;

are these good enough or should i buy better ones? and how much could i expect to pay? luckily i found them on previous toons and kept em in my stash, would be nice knowing if i dont have to worry about them anymore cuz im poor ^^

and im thinking about buying a TR to use while leveling (so i can 6L Incinerate and have even faster clears), will it be too hard without the life/res etc on chest piece to beat cruel and merciless ? opinions?
"
alexvsevil wrote:
hey im loving incinerate so far. im level 45 and i find that incinerate is better than fireball or flameblast, but it could just be the 'feeling'. i dont know about min maxing exact clear times or kill speed because i like to 'just play' but incinerate feels pretty good for leveling at least at 45.

now i gotta couple questions;

are these good enough or should i buy better ones? and how much could i expect to pay? luckily i found them on previous toons and kept em in my stash, would be nice knowing if i dont have to worry about them anymore cuz im poor ^^

and im thinking about buying a TR to use while leveling (so i can 6L Incinerate and have even faster clears), will it be too hard without the life/res etc on chest piece to beat cruel and merciless ? opinions?

Hey there, to try and answer some of your questions and give some advice, the build in the thread works only once you make it past a certain level or have certain pieces of gear in particular. The stage you are at, level 45, you can choose to level further however you like and just make sure to level your Incinerate gems + supports. The idea should be to transition to incinerate at around the level 70 mark since that is where you start seeing some results from the build.

Your items are perfectly fine, especially since your Rathpith Globe has close to 60% converted spellblock. Their value is somewhere in the 10-20 chaos each for both of them, perfect rolls on your Rathpith Globe will set you back roughly 5 exalteds and +1% maximum resistances corruption on the Stone of Lazhwar will cost you 15 exalteds or so. Standard league prices.

Tabular Rasa is very good as a stepping stone until you get hold of a 5-linked ES oriented chest, it can be ar/es or eva/es or pure es. Just aim for high ES + Life rolls. You can simply buy a white 5-linked chest of decent iLvl and chaos it until you see Life + ES.

Just level as Flameblast next time since you can use a vendored '+1 to fire gems' mace all the way until level 70 where you can swap out for a spell damage wand or Cybil's Paw and use Incinerate.

"
Kasoysama wrote:
Nice build I will test it but why you dont use Firepen gem?

Hi, the Fire Penetration Gem option is out performed by other Added Chaos/Lightning/Cold supports because of the way that damage effectiveness scales with Incinerate. 30% damage effectiveness from supported gems means that when at full Incinerate stacks, you are dealing 30%x4 damage, 120% of the supported gems damage is added to the Incinerate per hit. As far as tooltip DPS shows, the Added X amount of damage support gems increase the total damage of Incinerate by around 70%, far outweighting the 35% or so penetration and allows you to deal two types of elemental damage with Incinerate - acting as a pseudo form of penetration.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jul 23, 2014, 8:22:58 AM
Small changes, up
OK so this might be a noob question but --

I beat the game, got a rare 66map, opened it up and got demolished. Like, I'd respawn, enter portal, walk forward and immediately die to a swarm of monkeys and vipers lmao.

i have max resists (well, 75%, dont have the overcap yet) but my phys resist is low - like 10% before enduring cry (which gives me 4 charges due to oak reward) and even with that additional 20% reduction i still getting whacked.

so whats the trick to surviving physical damage - do i just have to be overleveled compared to the content and then theres some formula where a level 66 monster misses a level 70 character significantly more than a level 66 character, or do i just need to pretty much always have immortal call active or die? is that what end game looks like for a character with low armor? xD
"
alexvsevil wrote:
OK so this might be a noob question but --

I beat the game, got a rare 66map, opened it up and got demolished. Like, I'd respawn, enter portal, walk forward and immediately die to a swarm of monkeys and vipers lmao.

i have max resists (well, 75%, dont have the overcap yet) but my phys resist is low - like 10% before enduring cry (which gives me 4 charges due to oak reward) and even with that additional 20% reduction i still getting whacked.

so whats the trick to surviving physical damage - do i just have to be overleveled compared to the content and then theres some formula where a level 66 monster misses a level 70 character significantly more than a level 66 character, or do i just need to pretty much always have immortal call active or die? is that what end game looks like for a character with low armor? xD

Hi, I understand that you are having trouble surviving physical damage. I don't quite know what your gear and passives look like so it is difficult to help you without more knowledge about your situation. I will try to explain the bulk of how you deal with physical damage and hopefully you can make some improvements, dying to monkeys is a really odd way to be killed for a number of reasons.

The build in the thread basically has three ways of mitigating physical damage.
The first and the easiest to achieve is leveling your Arctic Armour Gem and relying on the flat "-X physical damage taken" to absorb damage. If this is the only means that is achievable then try your best to stack ES to gain the mana regen to support level 20 Arctic Armour.

Secondly, Immortal Call. Once you are able to sustain it for 8+ seconds, is the best form of physical mitigation in the game. No, you don't use this 100% to make the build work as it is entirely situational when you use it. Using 20/20 Immortal Call and Increased Duration Gems is highly beneficial for extending the duration; %quality on the gems is more important than the levels. A leveled Enhance Gem is very effective with Immortal Call too.

Lightning Coil is very end-game since the colours are very difficult to roll, but if you make it to that stage then you take close to 40% less physical damage and works in synergy with Arctic Armour to make for an extremely tanky character. It is not necessary to have a Lightning Coil, if you do not have one then use and ES oriented chest and level Arctic Armour higher instead. Lightning Coil usually means you can no longer sustain a very high level Arctic Armour.

Aside from the three main ways of soaking damage, Life nodes work in a similar way and by stacking life you are guaranteed to survive more damage. (obviously, but it's worth a mention)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jul 25, 2014, 3:22:51 PM
ah ok ill try to stack more ES for arctic armor. its a bit too hard to do now because im using tabula rasa (i even have to use mana leech instead of projectile speed to sustain it ugh)

getting rathpith instead of perandus might help cuz its 200+ es into mana but arctic rmor really drains a lot...maybe i leveled it too much...what level should it be?

here is my gear:

Last edited by alexvsevil on Jul 25, 2014, 4:28:21 PM
@alexvsevil

The best piece of advice I can offer is improving both of your rings. Aim for 60+ life and 45%+ mana regen on both, mana regen is very important. For capping resists you should be able to run purity of lightning + fire. If you have trouble using all of the auras then just run purity instead.

The Inner Force nodes on the passive tree increase the mana degen and the bonuses of Arctic Armour. Keep this in mind when leveling the gem and try to make sure you always have the ability to cast Incinerate indefinitely.

It is also important that you acquire an ES oriented chest with +life and ES rolls. Your resistances should be very easy to cap with two purity auras, you also have two "+10% to all resistances while wielding a shield" nodes to use temporarily if your gear is lacking.

Rathpith Globe will help you immensely since the "+75% shield defences" scale the flat 250ES that the shield gives you, which is scaled by %increased energy shield from your INT bonus and also amplified by your %increased mana bonus. You will get about 700+ mana from the shield. It shouldn't be that expensive, 10-20 chaos for a good %spellblock roll. (Aim for highest roll)

Hope I helped and good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info