Why Spectral Throw has a place in the game, unlike what many whiners say

You just want to nerf the game into the ground, but what it needs are old skills buffed and more skills for melee.

You want to nerf everything based on very specific and common copy cat build like your boring example (Crown of Eyes, Dagger, Elemental Damage, Crit).
You don't need any of that to see the true problem with ST which is the efficiency it provides without any downside.
Actually it is better to take a very regular and basic build as an example without all the end game gear and synergies. You are just blinded by the power of a very specific build.

And you're right: ST is not a melee skill and so it should be threated as a ranged skill just like bows and wands. ST should work with throwing weapons, just like Lightning Arrow works with bows and Power Siphon works with wands.

At the moment there is no doubt that ST is a semi melee skill as it still scales with:
- % physical damage with melee weapons
- % crit chance with melee weapons
- % attack speed with melee weapons
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 8:11:55 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
No actually i was talking about nerfing spectral throw 40%.

lately i have also been talking about nerfing damage auras 40% and nerfing lowlife further through reducing bloodrage attack speed and leech, as well as have it's drain be based on ES too.

I would also like to see wand damage reduced.

Why nerfs, ey? Nerfs make ppl cry and whine like hell. But you see the game keeps throwing power increases around. New skills and powerlevels are supreme compared to old things. You either have to start nerfing those uber things or boost all hp levels, which has the same effect really except boosting hp levels requires balancing of all other skills, some will be forgotten and completely screwed over.

In short, game keeps increasing your power all the time with new things coming out, if you don't stop it and start balancing those things too powerful, everything will be in a shit state eventually.

No, you only talking about low life builds. See yr answer to Starterkabels: CoE -> Spell dmg/Ele dmg for lowlife Auras.

It seems you never played an Aura based (NOT talking low life) char like ele buzzsaw, otherwise you wouldnt want Auras being nerfed by 40%. This would result in that build completely useless. An average ele buzzsaw is doing maybe 6-7k dps....a maxed out ele buzzsaw goes upto 15k dps (maybe a tiny bit more). What is wrong with these numbers in yr opinion?

I dont think its wise to ask for nerfs of legit mechanics because low life builds are able to push out ten times higher numbers by using the same mechanics. Its because of being low life, not because of the aura's being op.
Actually i have have played aura intensive characters for as long as i can remember, i love auras, and i have only recently started lowlife.

Also, i speak about all things simultaneously, and let me tell you, all good builds for spectral throw will not focus on increased physical damage with melee weapons nodes.

Keep talking trash, coz you mad and want me to be wrong, but it remains just that, trash, and misleading too.

The biggest factor in how it's spectral benefits from from using melee weapons is in fact weapon specific notes and that it's using exactly a melee weapon to throw, both of which i have stated.

I have had enough of your lack of understanding and your circlejerking, i am done here unless you have someone has worthwhile to say because this leads nowhere.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Not sure if yr mimimi post actually proves my point...looks like.
"
OleOlof wrote:

No, you only talking about low life builds. See yr answer to Starterkabels: CoE -> Spell dmg/Ele dmg for lowlife Auras.

It's honestly not so much that anymore tbh, without CoE you still pull 100k+ with mirrored gear - it is the auras.

Put it this way ->>

I have Loath Bane.

I activate Wrath.

Wrath is more damage.

Please tell me something is wrong if one Aura is more damage than a 6T1 dagger practically impossible to produce?
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 22, 2014, 9:55:36 AM
They don't accept reason, they are on a blind rampage.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
OleOlof wrote:

It's honestly not so much that anymore tbh, without CoE you still pull 100k+ with mirrored gear - it is the auras.

Put it this way ->>

I have Loath Bane.

I activate Wrath.

Wrath is more damage.

Please tell me something is wrong if one Aura is more damage than a 6T1 dagger practically impossible to produce?

That's because Wrath scales with a majority of Loath Bane's affixes, only the first two don't improve it. The rest do.

Especially once you add a whole lot of dagger nodes for even more crit chance, multiplier and attack speed Wrath just scales insanely.

I'm not sure actually whether Wrath is fine or not, but the situation you describe has much more to do with crit scaling than with Wrath. I personally quite like the suggestion to make crit multiplier additive instead of multiplicative with base crit damage.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
OleOlof wrote:

Put it this way ->>

I have Loath Bane.

I activate Wrath.

Wrath is more damage.

How much you pull without mirrored gear and low life build?

I wouldnt deny that auras are super strong (even too strong) when complete maxed out. But what if auras are just fine for 95% of the players who dont have this gear and most likely wont have...especially not in temporary leagues?
They do more damage than physical dmg on a perfect geared dagger does.

The worse your gear is, the more times your weapon damage do they do.

"nah, they aren't overpowered at all"
If you skill full for weapon elemantal damage and aura buffs instead of phys damage....why shouldnt it do more damage than phys damage?
Last edited by OleOlof on Jul 22, 2014, 11:39:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info