Why Spectral Throw has a place in the game, unlike what many whiners say

It does more before any type of increased damage even..
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Also, i speak about all things simultaneously, and let me tell you, all good builds for spectral throw will not focus on increased physical damage with melee weapons nodes.

Keep talking trash, coz you mad and want me to be wrong, but it remains just that, trash, and misleading too.

The biggest factor in how it's spectral benefits from from using melee weapons is in fact weapon specific notes and that it's using exactly a melee weapon to throw, both of which i have stated.

What a lol post, please tell me Crackmonster: aren't you exactly backing me up in my statement when you say that.

-increased physical damage with melee weapons nodes
-increased physical damage with maces
-increased physical damage with daggers

It's exactly the same idea! Maces and daggers are also melee weapons lol!

So please reread my post and especially my uber suggestion about throwing weapons.

BTW what is also very funny is that forum users in general when they want to make a point in a discussion start throwing in all kinds of specifics including their abacus math.

Please start seeing the BIG PICTURE and the SIGNS ON THE WALL everybody.

We don't need all kinds of end game examples and builds with specific gear setups and passives.

Please keep it simple guys
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 12:42:24 PM
Are you even keeping up? you spent 2-3 posts saying how wrong i was and then restating what i said at the start. There is no talking sense with you brah, you just don't get read to understand.

End.convo. I don't want to spend posts talking about how i said this or u said that. Totally useless.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
If that's your response you lost the discussion.

Like I said: Lightning arrow uses bows, Power Siphon uses wands. Ranged skills designed for ranged weapons.

ST uses melee weapons and is a ranged skill designed for melee weapons resulting in all builds being able to use a ranged melee attack without any downside.

The evidence is all over the place: Almost any melee build will get a very big efficiency boost only by switching to ST and one of the most popular and powerful ranged builds atm, ele buzz, also uses ST.

ST is a design failure and an insult both to melee and ranged.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 1:14:00 PM
You are raging, you arent saying anything worthwhile. All you talk about is it being a failure, you refuse to acknowledge how it is a failure. When confronted with that not everyone is angry because an ability uses melee weapon isn't broken like the rest of all melee skills you basically ignore it and revert to your stance: ST is a failure ruining the whole game and is vastly superior to the rest of the game.

Your only real thing is that you don't like it to use melee weapons, that's your only point to get across throughout.

If it was changed to throw weapons it would still be the same shit. The reason you wanted that is because you cannot stand having it remind you that melee sucks big fat monkey balls.

All that needs is a nerf to its damage multiplier, but you aren't satisfied there. You don't want the ability to be fine, in fact just talking about nerfing it to responsible levels makes you attack randomly saying how much people are wrong, without saying how just claiming they are wrong, and then stating whatever u want even multiple times u restated exactly what i said were it's problems after just having said i'm ohh so wrong, and eventually you revert back to your stance it ruins the game and fucks melee over.

You got the idea, it scales off melee weapons, and it hurts too much. Fine, but you refuse to acknowledge that simple nerfs is all it takes. Every time i talk about it you start attacking irratically and saying how wrong i am about something you conjure, until you can revert back to just stating it is ultimately a failure.

I will say this one last time for you.

Deal with it.

Not every skill using melee weapons should be mechanically inferior to ranged skills.

If i ever saw one butthurt on the forums that would have to be you, dawg.

You disregard all reason because you are REALLY disliking it, and reason is kicked out of your head which ultimately results in your line of reasoning being this: "Spectral throw is pure bad, anything that doesn't make it go away has to be wrong."
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 22, 2014, 1:32:13 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
It does more before any type of increased damage even..

Ok, have to admit....additional 300 edps with lvl20 wrath on 2aps weapon isnt too shabby.
Last edited by OleOlof on Jul 22, 2014, 1:45:58 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
You are raging, you arent saying anything worthwhile. All you talk about is it being a failure, you refuse to acknowledge how it is a failure. When confronted with that not everyone is angry because an ability uses melee weapon isn't broken like the rest of all melee skills you basically ignore it and revert to your stance: ST is a failure ruining the whole game and is vastly superior to the rest of the game.

Your only real thing is that you don't like it to use melee weapons, that's your only point to get across throughout.

If it was changed to throw weapons it would still be the same shit. The reason you wanted that is because you cannot stand having it remind you that melee sucks big fat monkey balls.

All that needs is a nerf to its damage multiplier, but you aren't satisfied there. You don't want the ability to be fine, in fact just talking about nerfing it to responsible levels makes you attack randomly saying how much people are wrong, without saying how just claiming they are wrong, and then stating whatever u want even multiple times u restated exactly what i said were it's problems after just having said i'm ohh so wrong, and eventually you revert back to your stance it ruins the game and fucks melee over.

You got the idea, it scales off melee weapons, and it hurts too much. Fine, but you refuse to acknowledge that simple nerfs is all it takes. Every time i talk about it you start attacking irratically and saying how wrong i am about something you conjure, until you can revert back to just stating it is ultimately a failure.

I will say this one last time for you.

Deal with it.

Not every skill using melee weapons should be mechanically inferior to ranged skills.

If i ever saw one butthurt on the forums that would have to be you, dawg.

You disregard all reason because you are REALLY disliking it, and reason is kicked out of your head which ultimately results in your line of reasoning being this: "Spectral throw is pure bad, anything that doesn't make it go away has to be wrong."

First your first alinea: If you read through my posts you will find that I'm carefully writing and motivating my posts, using proper and decent sentences.
Now you're saying that I'm angry? That I'm raging? And that I don't write anything worthwhile? And most funny: You're saying that I did not motivate why I think ST is a fail? Are you serious here? I wrote a post of several alineas that explained just why I think that.

Now what you wrote right there, in that first alinea appears to be an upset child who doesn't get what he wants. With his fingers in his ears shouting lalalalala I don't hear you.

And then you fail miserably to respond on topic and to my suggestion to remove ST and introduce it with throwing weapons. You're saying that it will be "the same shit". Is that your serious attempt to disqualify my suggestion?

And then you go back to your same old short sighted suggestion to nerf ST flatout.

You haven't wrote a single argument against all the motivations I gave you for my suggestion and you truly are a worthless excuse for a debater.

The only true argument you have to nerf ST is because of some OP end game builds as you said all by yourself earlier in this post. You fail to see the big picture really.

So again (and like you argreed with): ST should be a ranged skill.

And so it should be threated as such, in line with for example bows and wands and in line with melee.

As simple nerf will not help at all: It will totally ruing the ST skill itself wish is fine. The problem is it's design and the synergies it offers with melee weapons.
If you nerf it you will just have another crap skill like Elemental Hit for example.

Please try again...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 2:16:40 PM
Average damage of lvl 21 wrath, with all aura nodes and inner force, vs average phys damage of loath bane:

Wrath: 347.5
Loath: 273.5

Wrath is 27.2% more damage, loath bane is a near perfect mirrored weapon.

Lightning shocks, physical leeches, so lets call that even for the sake of comparison. It is easier to increase lightning damage with gems/gear/build than it is physical.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 22, 2014, 2:38:38 PM
Calm down Startkabels.

I didn't say that you did not "motivate" why you think it is a fail, i just said you fail to acknowledge it, really acknowledge it. If you really truly accepted the causes you talk about, then you would understand that nerfs are what is needed, and that the skill isn't ruining the game.

Listen man, i'm not trying to tell you all the time you are wrong, we both pretty much agree about the factors that feeds it its power, but you on the other hand keep telling me how i am wrong then restate exactly what i told you.

As i said, all you added in the end was that you don't want it on a melee weapon so you don't get upset when you play with your feeble melee builds.

And the real response to that was as i said from my very first post. Deal with it, not all skills using melee weapons are supposed to be mechanically inferior to ranged builds so some emotional little players don't get all sad.

They should look into boosting melee rather than destroy what others love.

PS: ST is a ranged skill.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 22, 2014, 2:27:26 PM
yep, its correct. quite nice aura. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info