1 month league response to low player numbers?

Today it was sunny out. I wonder if it is because poe is dying.
I wish /online still worked.

Anyway, back in December 2013 "Grinding Gear Games has announced that its free-to-play action RPG currently has over four million registered users, with more than 250,000 users playing every day". I don't know how reliable Destructoid is, but I don't think PoE's numbers could've dwindled that badly if it's true.
IGN: CheezusMcPwn
"
Xavderion wrote:
Oh look, another PoE is ded thread, just worded differently :) So many people looking for attention lel. I blame anime.



I agree , anime is stupid. Also people who watch anime are stupid.

( that's what this thread is about right ? )
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
I don't understand the "steamchart's is a crock of shit" posts. If your argument is that steam players naturally move from game to game, then that would be reflected with all the games on steam. However if you actually look at the other f2p games poe is losing more than the other popular f2p games. Warframe, War Thunder, Dota 2, TF2, etc are all doing very well, even growing, while poe has only lost players since the initial spike.

I'm sure someone will try to argue that poe is unique in that it's SO "hardcore" that it somehow is different than the rest of the thousands of games on steam, but THAT is the true crock of shit.

Like the game, play the game, or not, but don't try to pretend that the game is growing based on your feeling when you ignore actual numbers based on a reliable source.
"
Completed 1 ChallengeSirSid wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Oh look, another PoE is ded thread, just worded differently :) So many people looking for attention lel. I blame anime.



I agree , anime is stupid. Also people who watch anime are stupid.

( that's what this thread is about right ? )


I watch anime :(
Schrodinger's douchebag: A guy who says really offensive things and decides whether or not he was joking based upon the reaction of people around him.
"
I don't understand the "steamchart's is a crock of shit" posts. If your argument is that steam players naturally move from game to game, then that would be reflected with all the games on steam. However if you actually look at the other f2p games poe is losing more than the other popular f2p games. Warframe, War Thunder, Dota 2, TF2, etc are all doing very well, even growing, while poe has only lost players since the initial spike.

I'm sure someone will try to argue that poe is unique in that it's SO "hardcore" that it somehow is different than the rest of the thousands of games on steam, but THAT is the true crock of shit.

Like the game, play the game, or not, but don't try to pretend that the game is growing based on your feeling when you ignore actual numbers based on a reliable source.


Steam:non-Steam ratio went from 50:50 to 30:70 so something indeed is different with the Steam audience compared to the non-Steam audience.
Schrodinger's douchebag: A guy who says really offensive things and decides whether or not he was joking based upon the reaction of people around him.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
I don't understand the "steamchart's is a crock of shit" posts. If your argument is that steam players naturally move from game to game, then that would be reflected with all the games on steam. However if you actually look at the other f2p games poe is losing more than the other popular f2p games. Warframe, War Thunder, Dota 2, TF2, etc are all doing very well, even growing, while poe has only lost players since the initial spike.

I'm sure someone will try to argue that poe is unique in that it's SO "hardcore" that it somehow is different than the rest of the thousands of games on steam, but THAT is the true crock of shit.

Like the game, play the game, or not, but don't try to pretend that the game is growing based on your feeling when you ignore actual numbers based on a reliable source.


Steam:non-Steam ratio went from 50:50 to 30:70 so something indeed is different with the Steam audience compared to the non-Steam audience.


source? Also, does that mean that the 70 percent is growing? Or just that steam users are leaving more than non steam users.
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
I don't understand the "steamchart's is a crock of shit" posts. If your argument is that steam players naturally move from game to game, then that would be reflected with all the games on steam. However if you actually look at the other f2p games poe is losing more than the other popular f2p games. Warframe, War Thunder, Dota 2, TF2, etc are all doing very well, even growing, while poe has only lost players since the initial spike.

I'm sure someone will try to argue that poe is unique in that it's SO "hardcore" that it somehow is different than the rest of the thousands of games on steam, but THAT is the true crock of shit.

Like the game, play the game, or not, but don't try to pretend that the game is growing based on your feeling when you ignore actual numbers based on a reliable source.


Steam:non-Steam ratio went from 50:50 to 30:70 so something indeed is different with the Steam audience compared to the non-Steam audience.


source? Also, does that mean that the 70 percent is growing? Or just that steam users are leaving more than non steam users.

It was the shift when Steam audience was leaving in the initial release due to disinterest. It's not unusual to install some F2P games on Steam just to test them prior to read anything detailed about it. I do it myself as a steam user. :P

The numbers were provided by Chris some time ago in a similar thread in conjunction with actual user numbers and player concurrency, which people dismiss often enough.
Cogito ergo scum.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4665 - German Corner (Join /global 4745)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508810/ - Forum Ignore Addon by ignarsoll
Last edited by Nightmare90 on July 11, 2014 11:26 PM
"

source? Also, does that mean that the 70 percent is growing? Or just that steam users are leaving more than non steam users.


Too lazy to search (must theory craft 1 month build). It means Steam and non-Steam users are different and having solely Steam numbers doesn't really tell you that much :)
Schrodinger's douchebag: A guy who says really offensive things and decides whether or not he was joking based upon the reaction of people around him.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I blame anime.

Oh come on, it's not all bad. May I suggest Fisherman's Wife 2: The Retentacling?
IGN: CheezusMcPwn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info