Are we gonna pretend that...

"
Morsexier wrote:
I love the game.
Cheating makes it unfun.

Cheating exists on a very high level now.
Nothing can be done about it.

I guess its time to move on.
It was fun while I was naive to the cheating.
Fin.

Are you going full Charan?

I've decided to redo some of the stuff to show the data in avg EXP instead of avg level, because i believe it shows a better picture. Once again the BEST RACER EU/NA/UNIVERSE has a higher avg exp than everyone else on the same class that he's competing with. I didn't include his first account this time, because he has some poor-mediocre results there at the beginning of the season which shows that you still need to learn how to play races even when you can see everything around you.

So to clarify, it takes a new person around 50 races to start convincingly beating top racers in three completely different racing types: Shadow in burst races and Witch/Templar in 1h races and DC. I've also included standard deviation for experience in these races, which mostly does not help my case of accusing the villain. My explanation for his higher St Dev in bursts and 1h races would be that when he does great in them he really exceeds his average result by a lot. But notice his St Dev in DC races which is almost 50% lower than for any other top player in the same class. It seems like density problems do not exist for our villain.

One person responded to my accusations in the racing thread by saying that i and my racing circle are mad that a new person is beating us and that we are barely good players with racing knowledge, so that there's no surprise when a "great" player starts beating us. Well first of all i would like to see that great player stream/record at least one race. Second, if he is so great why does he have blunders like a couple of turbo races he did, when he was afraid to progress to sarn, because he has no experience in fighting turbo vaal. That's one of the examples of my explanation that one can't become a top racer after 50 races because one still needs the racing experience, which in this case the BEST RACER EU/NA/UNIVERSE didn't have because he wasn't playing in a season 4 signature which was a turbo race. Not progressing cost him his usual #1 overall in a 90 min race and a rare loss in class in a 2h race. Must have been really fun to farm crypt for 100 mins.

I'd like to admit that i'm really mad that this person is doing what he's doing, but not because he's beating me, because we don't even play the same class. I'm mad that me and other people have invested hundreds (in some cases, including mine - thousands) of hours into becoming good at racing part of the game and now someone is obviously taking a shortcut and shits on everything that we stood for in racing, including fair play.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
I know I have been the only one defending him and i'm still not gonna call him a cheater, but looking at your graphs it does seem "weird".
"
So to clarify, it takes a new person around 50 races to start convincingly beating top racers in three completely different racing types: Shadow in burst races and Witch/Templar in 1h races and DC.

Maybe the person you are talking is already experienced in races with others accounts you dont know btw. Because i guess even with map hack exposing blue packs & full mini-map & zoom, some experience is still required to beat all that blatlantly
"
Universalis wrote:
Maybe the person you are talking is already experienced in races with others accounts you dont know btw. Because i guess even with map hack exposing blue packs & full mini-map & zoom, some experience is still required to beat all that blatlantly

That's a valid point, but i can't seem to remember a top caster racer that stopped playing before season 8. And yes experience is required and you can see the villain gradually getting better in the first 50-70 races in this season on his first account (that he got to 1k points and switched to 2nd account).

"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Last edited by cwu on Jul 11, 2014, 9:19:40 AM
cwu, the proof that this guy is unexperienced - bad results in old descent. No matter opened your map or not, see you packs or not, this race requires a lot of KNOWLEDGE about what is dangerous and when you can die. This race requires you to die 20-50 times to do well.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
cwu, the proof that this guy is unexperienced - bad results in old descent. No matter opened your map or not, see you packs or not, this race requires a lot of KNOWLEDGE about what is dangerous and when you can die. This race requires you to die 20-50 times to do well.
Also, you can monitor the maphack webpage after new patch and before it gets updated - if there is any race in that window - this guy was playing it w/o hacks or (probably) doesn't played at all.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
Also, you can monitor the maphack webpage after new patch and before it gets updated - if there is any race in that window - this guy was playing it w/o hacks or (probably) doesn't played at all.

His lack of results in EL falls under the same category. Must be hard to race without knowing where the shrines are. I'll try to look into his periods of inactivity too and see if they correspond with the software being broken after the patch.

What makes me sad is that the policy of this forum of no naming and shaming and no cheating software discussion basically protects the cheaters. Not only can't i call out the person, i can't even link to the cheats forum so that people who are unaware about the cheats in PoE could actually see what the software can help you with in races and how the usage of the software can explain some of the results. I can't show that the thread with the new cheat has 47,5k+ views since March 18 which means that at least 4k people downloaded it. I refuse to believe that there's noone out there not using new software for racing. The rules should protect the fair players, not the cheaters.

Last edited by cwu on Jul 11, 2014, 10:08:50 AM
"
Universalis wrote:
"
So to clarify, it takes a new person around 50 races to start convincingly beating top racers in three completely different racing types: Shadow in burst races and Witch/Templar in 1h races and DC.

He plays classes that require few things to craft or require no forethought. Templar only needs a +1 fire gems weapon from start to end and with the zoomhack/maphack/blues everywhere, he can flameblast from safe distances.

You will notice that he never touches other classes that could perform as well but require you to know your weapon progression. Any time he's tried to play Scion, its ended up in utter failure.

"
cwu wrote:
I refuse to believe that there's noone out there not using new software for racing. The rules should protect the fair players, not the cheaters.

An unnamed player confirmed with me that many of his friends have been actively cheating on the race ladder and trying to push him to do the same, so yes - it is pretty rampant.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 11, 2014, 10:15:48 AM
how about endless ledge results btw ? Cheats arent helping much in endless ledge imo
i checked it myself and it seems the suspected player got nice results, with templar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info