Are we gonna pretend that...

"
Morsexier wrote:
On a completely different note, it has been very nice seeing AlkaizerX back and now streaming his PoE! It really is too bad now that he is streaming he has won only one race out of about 15 attempts.

I noticed him win a burst race recently and wanted to watch his next burst. He wasn't streaming them. :P

"
cwu wrote:
I can't believe some of you are suggesting to post this stuff on reddit. Do you realize how many people there race? How many of them actually understand what racing is and what defines a good racer? Even in this thread you can see people who don't understand what the hell i'm talking about.

Well the point of posting on reddit is that it's a forum where you will not be censored. We can have this exact same discussion, except with all the facts and no censorship.

KoTao, amen.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 12, 2014, 3:02:54 AM
"
janimauk wrote:
i guess it's funny that i have had same name every race for the past 5 season and 99% of races i do i place in top20. still, even now i can go troll global asking how to kill brutus/merveil and nobody on race global recognizes me. not even racers themselves recognize top racers
add me in game, ill show you how its done noob
maybe then you can compete with this guy everyone hyped about
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Jul 12, 2014, 3:49:36 AM
"
unsane wrote:
Well the point of posting on reddit is that it's a forum where you will not be censored. We can have this exact same discussion, except with all the facts and no censorship.

Again, even if i post this information with villain name revealed, how would people who know nothing about racing be able to understand what i'm trying to prove here? And i'm pretty sure i still would not be allowed to post links to hack forums there.

Tried looking at the crypt farming splits in 1 hour solo races, unfortunately there are so few of them that it's hard to come up with something solid.

Once again the villain outfarms everyone and has less St Dev for his splits compared to "Winner" (either #1 overall player in that race or #2 overall in case villain was #1), but has the same St Dev as the other templar player ctc, who has competed against the villain on templar the most this season.

Unfortunately there are no splits on poestats for race like DC, and sometimes the splits are lost even for normal races. I would like to have the data that Lyralei suggested (having a script that gathers all the xp changes from live race), but it's impossible to get it once the race has ended.

I've tried looking into the periods of time when the cheating software was broken. It gets broken after every patch and according to the hack forum it was broken 3 times this racing season:
- Patch 1.1.4c - June 19
- Patch 1.1.5 - July 2
- Patch 1.1.5b - July 4

I can't find out the exact time the software was fixed, because the hack forum uses a strange time format for posts, it just says that the post was made 2 weeks ago for example. Even if i went under the assumption that the software was fixed within 1-2 days, i still need the exact hours when patch was deployed and when the software was fixed. Without this information i would go too far into the land of assumptions, besides the results of villain on the day of the patch and the day after that don't differ from his usual performance from what i've seen.

I think i've ran out of ideas and data to analyze, so im gonna send GGG the email tomorrow and hopefully i'll get a response on monday.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
posting on reddit is not about giving the info to the retards there, but have some devs see the issue
there are very few interventions here whereas reddit get multiple a day, so if you post and we upvote you to get you on top it's going to be a bit harder for them to ignore the issue
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
time to collect dat delicious karma
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
I have an expectation that people will cheat in games, thats just what people do. This (along with many other reasons) is why I was, and still am, so interested in the elusive Custom paid leagues that have not yet made it into the game.

I really dont care who is winning the races above me, I just play for my own fun. Perhaps GGG would like racers to care about winning & their rank, but its really not set up that way right now
"
KoTao wrote:
The only change thats going to severely diminish or outright remove maphacking and its derivatives for good is to move away from the garbage brand new for 1999, copy-pasted straight from diablo 2 map seed code that trusts the client completely and just sends them detailed info about everything on the map as soon as they load the zone.
From memory, I have heard this talked about before and I know there are issues doing it with the full game/all leagues. But it seems inevitable that this, or something similar, has to be done (at least for race leagues) if you want people to continue to enjoy racing to win
After experiencing some odd stuff, questions about one of the current top racers in the One Month Race came up and thats why i landed here.

I have no clue how maphacks work, hell, i even have to alf+f4 in HC manually. But i have my doubts that the guy is legit. I looked him up on another site (Not sure if i can link it here) where you can see more details about his chars and the races he participated in it with them.

To me it looks likes a second account, created for racing. Question is; Is he just experienced or using "help". I mean, this guy seems to sleep 2 hours and is back racing, jumping from level to level in a couple of minutes in a level range where casuals like me need at least 1 hour if they hurry up.

It seems kinda fishy ...
The darkness looms forebodingly...
Last edited by Corpseshock on Jul 13, 2014, 12:51:38 PM
"
Alea wrote:
I pm'd qarl about ranged aoe attack/spells max distance, to have a clear answer about whats going on (and if it's fixable or not...)
[...]
nb: in hope to get an answer heh

This was already answered earlier in the thread. The guy asking about it ignored the reply and continued to go on and on about it.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your upvotes ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2alnfl/cheating_in_path_of_exile_racing/
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info