Four Days of Stash Tab Sales

It's a damn shame paypal probably won't process my payment soon enough for me to be able to profit from this :(
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:
GGG does a lot for their community, but sales stay sales!

not at ggg, they're quite aware that "sales" devalue all reduced microtransactions in general and prevent people from buying items which aren't reduced because it could be on sale the next day. so if you're disappointed about some deal they do everything to make you happy again.

in the end most of us early supporters have a different understanding of microtransactions, we are basically supporting the company in the first place and use mt to show our support. so sales are quite counterproductive to us but if whoever had the idea of sales is happy with it and it pays out eventually, it's all fine.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
morbo wrote:
I'll wait with stash tab purchases, until it will be possible to choose which remove-only tabs get converted. This is a basic functionality that should be expected, in my opinion.

To make this work, the new tabs might have to be put into your microtransaction window so you can click the new tab, then click the tab you want it to replace. If you have no remove-only tabs of that type, you can click a "+" tab to add a new tab.

This would be slightly unintuitive versus the tabs just showing up, but otherwise players would just go back to keeping remove only tabs by choosing not to convert.
Guys if i buy stash tabs do i get them to all leagues or just one league?
"
crinaya wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
I'll wait with stash tab purchases, until it will be possible to choose which remove-only tabs get converted. This is a basic functionality that should be expected, in my opinion.

To make this work, the new tabs might have to be put into your microtransaction window so you can click the new tab, then click the tab you want it to replace. If you have no remove-only tabs of that type, you can click a "+" tab to add a new tab.

This would be slightly unintuitive versus the tabs just showing up, but otherwise players would just go back to keeping remove only tabs by choosing not to convert.

the way i would implement it:
if you buy stash tabs, all readonly tabs get a (+) or (upgrade) link written into the header. spare tabs are added as empty tabs as usual.
"
Guys if i buy stash tabs do i get them to all leagues or just one league?

all current and future leagues.
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
For those who bought the bundles 1-2 days early, email support! They may be able to retroactively apply the discount.

Why should they?

Like in normal life, if you buy a Television at a shop and the next day, the same TV is on sale for 50%, you are screwed as well.

When I splurged a while back, I bought something that had sadly been on sale only 2 days before. I emailed support and got a message along the lines of "sure, we'd be happy to help out, but consider this a one time thing".

Which is perfectly fine. So, my suggestion to anyone who bought a stash tab bundle a few days prior to this sale is to contact GGG immediately, calmly explain the situation and you might be surprised just how awesome GGG's reaction will be.
IGN: Daario__Naharis, Captain__Harlock, Paul__Atreides
Marty__McFly, Silk__Spectre. Kylo__Ren
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
For those who bought the bundles 1-2 days early, email support! They may be able to retroactively apply the discount.

Why should they?

Because it's extremely good business sense. Businesses that make a LOT of money like making even more money and repeat business is the best business of all.

Let's take an example - Company X has an Independence Day sale and offers an additional $40 off product X (which normally sells for $130). 36,000 customers contact Company X and ask about the "30 Day Price Guarantee". Company X honors all 36,000 requests. This costs them a little over 1 million dollars.

Sounds like a lot to give up right?

It does until you find out that the extra traffic by those satisfied customers brings in another NINETY MILLION in sales that DAY, and roughly twenty two and a half million in profit.

There's a reason companies that make billions and billions of dollars run sales and sales guarantees.

It isn't because they can't do the math. They have more accountants and analysts than any movie star could ever afford. No - these aren't actual data - but they are representative. If anything, the real numbers would typically show much better profit and percentages.

"
SW_Bonobo wrote:

Like in normal life, if you buy a Television at a shop and the next day, the same TV is on sale for 50%, you are screwed as well.

50% off sales are usually loss leaders or clear outs, which means the company is just driving traffic in - again, because they make more money that way.

Having a customer come back and giving them the 50% off makes them a VERY happy customer and overall you will make a lot more than you lose honoring even such a big discount.

Customers that are taken care of tend to make that bottom line look good.

Fortunately for PoE players, Historically, GGG has been good about taking care of its customers - us the players.

It's one of the reasons I continue supporting them. The game will continue to get better, and may hit a few speed bumps on some issues, but GGG's customer service is already top notch.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
There's a reason companies that make billions and billions of dollars run sales and sales guarantees.

sales make sense if you have a competitory situation but ggg has a monopoly on providing mictransactions for poe. there is no competitor for ggg which they can underbid with their "sales" than themselves.
the only reason for "sales" is to trigger people to spend money because "now is the time". it obviously works.
I bought premium stash tabs from the previous sale, before the announcement that remove-only tabs would be converted and I kept waiting for them to show up. I was going to email support when I realized that they had converted my remove-only tabs to normal tabs. I wasn't very happy because I was expecting and needed new empty tabs to use.

As a loyal supporter spending more money than on any games I've played in the past, I'd like to say that I don't agree with this decision. If GGG has issues with how players are using remove-only tabs, I'd prefer one the these other solutions:

1. Disable any linking from remove only tabs, in game or on the forums. These items aren't really ours until we claim them.

2. Make any future tabs from expiring leagues (and maybe race rewards) expire within 30 days. This will force us to clean up our remove-only tabs which is good for everyone. (I hate clutter, but my laziness is stronger.)

I stand with the ones that won't purchase any more tabs (or points) until this policy is changed or until I can clean up all my remove-only tabs (don't hold your breath).
Last edited by Dregos on Jul 10, 2014, 11:36:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info