Should they increase the drop rate of orbs? And if so, how much?

My shit from another thread :

"
Chundadragon wrote:

Unless you get a mirror drop, you will never get rich from currency drops. No matter how you play.

Take it from a player who has released over 20 mirror worthy items :

"
Ventor wrote:
I have a level 100 and multiple 90+ characters, so needless to say, I have played a lot of this game. And for that, I have had 1 Eternal drop for me. Just one.

Basically, you want them orbs, stop waiting for them to drop, that's not how you acquire them.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
gorlace616 wrote:

I have to agree with this one fact alone. I expect to get wealthy from drops not from trading. When I play a hack and slash type RPG like this that's what I think about. If I had to throw a number out there I would say 75% of my wealth has come from trading. Never gotten a kaosm, shav, ST, only 1 6L with 9k tries. I want to get good drops not worry about trading stuff or converting currency all the time to buy things, what ever happened to getting an item that dropped and be like wow its a great upgrade
+1 there bud

And in this game when you do get a decent drop it like, WOW now I have to throw an undetermined Jewlers, Fussings, and Cromatics into the slot machine to use the "upgrade"...fun?
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
Le bump for new patch.
hell yes.

i have two level 50 characters in rampage and i've managed to put together less than 20 fuses.

and NO, a 4L is not fucking optional at level 50, and yet i have 4 4L's between two characters, and 1 of them was a drop.

and BTW, for a 4L drop to be useful, you need alchs.

i have 3 alchs, and I've used 1. 4 alchs in 50 levels ? you must be joking.

so yeah, drop rates for orbs suck.

nothing new.

they could double it and i'd still have a hard time putting together gear self-found.

path of trading....
"
plasticeyes wrote:
hell yes.

i have two level 50 characters in rampage and i've managed to put together less than 20 fuses.

and NO, a 4L is not fucking optional at level 50, and yet i have 4 4L's between two characters, and 1 of them was a drop.

and BTW, for a 4L drop to be useful, you need alchs.

i have 3 alchs, and I've used 1. 4 alchs in 50 levels ? you must be joking.

so yeah, drop rates for orbs suck.

nothing new.

they could double it and i'd still have a hard time putting together gear self-found.

path of trading....

To be fair, I was using a 3L at lvl 52 in beyond and managed 4k single target and 2k aoe with a 2L. Used Groundslam and heavy strike.
I've been playing since beta like a lot of posters that still play. I've found somewhere between 30-40 Exalts, under a dozen Divines, 0 Eternals. If you play the vendor recipe game you can get enough GCP,Chaos,Regals to progress and enjoy the game. Ultimately I think they should increase the drop rate of orbs but only by a small margin, 10% initially perhaps? Because in the grand scheme of things the whole crafting concept is still really taxing. You can't get tier 1 or 2 mods via crafting benches, I think most don't even net you a tier 3.

I don't want everyone to be running around in tier 1 perfect gear like this is Diablo2 RMT/Runeword city. But lets face it on standard people already went under the GGG radar and did whatever they wanted to to create stores filled with every single item mirror quality while barely even playing the game. I'm not going to point fingers because It doesn't matter at this point and I wouldn't want to flood the post with hundreds of names.

So to sum it up, increase the drop rate. It should be just a tad easier for casual players to craft gear or acquire the orbs necessary to trade for it. Without relying this much on RNG. It will also benefit the legit hardcore players that are willing to grind day in day out yet have shitty RNG luck. The damage has been done to the economy on standard and on the temp leagues I don't see a drop rate increase being detrimental.

If increasing the drop rate by a small margin isn't in the cards. Let the master crafting benches craft up to tier 2.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 26, 2014, 3:59:25 PM
"
RedxWolf wrote:

To be fair, I was using a 3L at lvl 52 in beyond and managed 4k single target and 2k aoe with a 2L. Used Groundslam and heavy strike.

not with the weapon i have you weren't. i'm 3L'd on double strike for about 4k and 3L'd on cleave for about 2.5k. That is ok solo, but I watch _everyone_ in the groups i'm in do far more damage.

2H sucks :-(

however at level 57 i will have access to a very reasonable weapon.

a friend of mine found it.

path of trading, or gifting.

regardless, my point is that operating self found i can't put together enough jewelers and fuses to 4L my gear. and maybe that's ok at level 50 but when you hit act 1 merciless it really is required.
I think they should drastically increase the drop rate of some orbs - others not so much.

Orders of magnitude more drop rate, roughly on par with current drop rates of transmutes and augs:
- Alchs
- Regals
- Exalts

Essentially the difficult to reverse modifications become way more common - this is important for the next step.

Lower drop rates than before, but only slightly - scarce enough for you to think about using them but not absurdly rare that you'll never use them:
- Scouring
- Chaos

Drop rate boosted by something like 100x more likely:
- Eternals

Drop rate boosted by something like 10,000x:
- Mirrors

The result is that the lesser impact and harder to reverse modifications are more common - You can slowly bit by bit improve your equipment. This will also make eternals more valuable because people will want to use them. Exalts and regals especially have tiny impact on an item in the vast majority of cases, so it would make sense for them to be significantly more common.

The reduction in scouring and chaos orb rarity makes reversing a change to an item more difficult, giving incentive to continuously look for base weapons to craft up. This is in stark contrast to the current state of the game where you pretty much get one base weapon of the ilevel you want and then apply a zillion rerolls to it until you get what you want.

I believe jewellers and fuses are fine where they are.

Boosted mirrors by quite a bit because I'm convinced less of them drop per 4 month league than you can count on a single hand.

There's my 2c.
I wouldn't change the drop rates per se, but it would be cool if they used the 'entropy' system that evasion has.

Any particular mob/chest would have the same % of dropping whatever orb, but if you killed whatever, 1k mobs and haven't gotten a Chaos drop, it would force a drop and reset the counter.

RNG sucks when you get the short end of the stick
All orbs should probably drop at x2 what they do now.

One trip into a map should come back with 30+ currency items. Currently it's about 15ish
Last edited by jaredh on Aug 27, 2014, 2:00:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info