Should they increase the drop rate of orbs? And if so, how much?

Buff chaos and exalt drop rates. NERF (like 10x or something) drop rates of eternal and to a lesser degree regals too.

This will make chaos spamming and yolo exalting (aka poor mans crafting) much more rewarding and make alt-regal-etenal-exalt-eternal (aka rich mans crafting) much more expensive.
[Standard league - UTC +2]
8 chars in the 70+
about 15 in the 60+
all i found was : 1 Exa 0 eternal in 1 year.
So i would say YES
IG Harom_
"
the endgame is very repetetive, boring and meaningless.

I've seen some posts about the endgame being boring because of the currency situation. I suspect the endgame will be much more interesting once Act 4 is introduced. I would guess there will be enough (new and releveled) material to keep people busy past L80.

I play self-found and crafted items and trade for maps. So I'm not power-gaming. The drop rate is fine for me. I feel sorry for the people that really want to use the crafting system for high-end items or want to trade for GG. Exalted orbs are strictly currency, not crafting items for me.
"

I used it just like most did but I'm not referring that as a problem, its the unplesant experience to do trading in POE now that I'm pointing at.
Ohoo, you think I never use that site to get profits and get gears? I did, just unpleasant.
I can afford any mirrored items in game but who cares if the experience to get to that point is sucks.

Oh I don't disagree. I'm pointing at the same thing. The fact that the indexer "Needs" to exist, is a serious problem. The game is built around trading. It's built to be punishing to craft, and to push you to trade, but the in game, and Official Site Trading "options" are abysmal.

I'm not convinced that an In Game Auction House, that uses in game currency is what ruined the AH system in D3. If they aren't planning to seriously improve the trading structure in the game, they need to SERIOUSLY think about improving "crafting" in this game. I've pretty much existed Self Found for a while now. The few things I do trade for, are few and far between, and only when it becomes a serious issue (outdated weapons mostly)
"
shoju wrote:
The game is built around trading. It's built to be punishing to craft, and to push you to trade, but the in game, and Official Site Trading "options" are abysmal.

Thats why I dont play anymore. Game is not for me because of this. Simple as that.
"
Perq wrote:
Time SPEND, not invested.

whatever

"
Perq wrote:
If claim you haven't found ANYTHING since 2012 I'm quite sure you have no idea what items have value.

Yes you are right I dont, because I dont care. I just know that I didnt dropped any high endgame unique for myself and no weapon with 999999%x added dmg, no 6 link etc.

"
Perq wrote:
Trading is an important part of this game. If you don't trade, don't expect to get wealthy.

I expect to get wealthy from drops not from trading. Just like in other ARPG.
- but PoE is not like every other ARPG
- and thats why it sucks for me and I dont like it.

Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Jul 9, 2014, 2:31:38 PM
1.1 has been killing my play time for sure. In Anarchy, I had 4+ 70 chars, and was fairly terrible at the game. In Domination, I had 2 chars, 1 66, and 1 83. I focused on the 83 pretty hard, and got a lot better at the game. In Ambush, I had 4 chars hit 66, all of them really early, and I didn't hit 70 on 1 of them in Ambush.

The RNG, the balance issues, the utter failure of trying to trade, have all been a part of my decreased playing time.

I know for a fact I wont be playing the 1 month league. The new four month league (SC, because I've only ever made it to merc without dying once) are going to have to WOW ME for me to even bother creating a character.

And in Standard, I play with all chat (save guild chat) shut off. I only receive PM's from people who want to pick up something cheap out of my pathetic shop, Which isn't very often.

From here on out, my 83 Thrower, and my 70 Molten Strike Chars will be pretty much self found, and the other chars will get fed whatever random scraps come through. But my days of pushing hard to try and get to some plateau are behind me. I've even thought about trying to liquidate my 71 and up maps that I do have. No reason for them to sit and rot in my stash, and it's not like I'll have the fund to ever alch them up, and chaos them into something I'd run.
Bump~
"
"
Perq wrote:
Time SPEND, not invested.

whatever

"
Perq wrote:
If claim you haven't found ANYTHING since 2012 I'm quite sure you have no idea what items have value.

Yes you are right I dont, because I dont care. I just know that I didnt dropped any high endgame unique for myself and no weapon with 999999%x added dmg, no 6 link etc.

"
Perq wrote:
Trading is an important part of this game. If you don't trade, don't expect to get wealthy.

I expect to get wealthy from drops not from trading. Just like in other ARPG.
- but PoE is not like every other ARPG
- and thats why it sucks for me and I dont like it.

I have to agree with this one fact alone. I expect to get wealthy from drops not from trading. When I play a hack and slash type RPG like this that's what I think about. If I had to throw a number out there I would say 75% of my wealth has come from trading. Never gotten a kaosm, shav, ST, only 1 6L with 9k tries. I want to get good drops not worry about trading stuff or converting currency all the time to buy things, what ever happened to getting an item that dropped and be like wow its a great upgrade
+1 there bud
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
"
Buff chaos and exalt drop rates. NERF (like 10x or something) drop rates of eternal and to a lesser degree regals too.

This will make chaos spamming and yolo exalting (aka poor mans crafting) much more rewarding and make alt-regal-etenal-exalt-eternal (aka rich mans crafting) much more expensive.

Nerf eternal drop rates, I got 1 to drop in beta and none since then, so they need to be nerfed more, oh I get it RNG, they are dropping just not for me, well balanced game.
MY SHOP THREAD 485102

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info