Should they increase the drop rate of orbs? And if so, how much?

Depends on the orb in question.

Scraps drop often enough, glassblower's drop less often but you don't need as much of them as scraps so it's mostly fine.

GCPs are pretty rare but you also get them for low or bad quality gems and you need them pretty much only for 20% quality recipe and maybe to top off a high quality gem and for those purposes you get enough.

Chisels could also drop more, the recipe is a joke because you're required to dedicate time to gather stuff, it won't drop while you're doing something else. It would be fine if it worked on any tier of stone hammer.

Alchs are pretty plentiful, you get enough to alch maps and rare up a base item you're interested in.

Chaos is the main currency so it could drop more I suppose, recipe is all well and good but there isn't really much reason to restrict it on item level, anyone can reach merci docks in a hurry and grind there if he needs cash, it just hurts players that reroll often instead of farming.

Chromes drop often and recipe is easy, we don't usually spend too many of them unless we need many off-color slots which isn't every day, it's pretty much fine (although the concept of gear alignment to color is pointless and needlessly restrictive).

Jewelers and fusings are plentiful, but also the cause of perhaps the most frustration in community. If there existed a recipe that gave you a desired number of slots and links based on average number of orbs needed it wouldn't hurt either the economy or player wealth in the long run, I feel players should be given a choice in this matter as it has absolutely no consequences.

As for regals, exalts and eternals, those are materials for ultimate item crafting and should be rare enough so only the most wealthy of players can afford them. I feel regals should be more rare as they're useless for anyone but a rich crafter, exalts are about fine and eternals should be more rare than exalts because exalts are also used as currency so more of them are needed on the server.

However, I definitely don't agree with rarity of blessed or divine, they should be much more plentiful as they're neither used as currency, nor offer overly significant advantages. Divines should especially be more common.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Wish they increased all orb drop rate by 300%...
Last edited by NagiSoi on Jul 6, 2014, 5:59:10 PM
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Wish they increased all orb drop rate by 300%...

And I wish we had more chance to craft something decent, as it is 300% more orbs would do nothing, we'd still be poor and use shit gear.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Played since CB, - found one Eternal since OB started and about 4 exalts.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I'm mostly annoyed by the time investment. I've played hundreds of hours and yet only 2 exalt drops..? Over a year of play to have the pure exalts to buy a Tabula in HC.
"
Chisels could also drop more, the recipe is a joke because you're required to dedicate time to gather stuff, it won't drop while you're doing something else. It would be fine if it worked on any tier of stone hammer.

I'm pretty sure it does work on any tier. I know for a fact it works on Gavels because whenever I see one, I scrap it, chance it, and trade it in for a chisel after that brief moment of inevitable disappointment that it didn't become a mjolner. There was a patch a few months ago that said it expanded the chisel recipe.
Respect the Economeh!
"
raics wrote:
And I wish we had more chance to craft something decent, as it is 300% more orbs would do nothing, we'd still be poor and use shit gear.

Pretty much this, I wouldn't mind the drops rates we have if we could use them for crafting instead of trading, you know, the supposed reason we don't have gold in this game?

It is really annoying the way GGG implements their ideals, like how they dont want to put a AH but they are completely fine with forcing the players to buy pretty much all their gear in the forums shops if they ever want to get a chance at endgame content -_-
I think the droprate for everything is too low some more than others. Even if you get the best increase rarity drops that are non unique and play the game for months(I have) there is a good chance you'll find next to nothing good. I've yet to find 1 exalted and the best equipment costs like 20-30. Some of it no longer drops from what I've been told which is kinda lame. I feel like there should be at least 1 chance at some point in the game that you'll get something unique. Perhaps a quest reward in the future?

A friend of mine who's also been playing since Beta just quit the game because a Vaal Orb destroyed his boots. It would take him another year to find those boots again something should be done bout it.
This kind of drop rate means GGG just want us to get what we wanted by trading.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info