Auction House Petition

"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm baffled.

Why? I'll tell you. The economy is "their precious" (Ofc, read with Gollums voice). The economy is the center of the game. The rock. The glue. The everything. THE ALLFATHER.

But not a single tweak. Not a single touch. Nothing - since CLOSED BETA.

I find it... Baffling (if that's even a word). I find it frustrating.

But most of all, I find it strange.

They like trading as it is , it may never improve .

Good that we have poe xyz etc :D
"
geradon wrote:
"
Orbitalx wrote:
Any idea on a time frame?

according to chris' response in one of the latest "state of exile"-podcasts the estimated time is somewhere after the fm expansion release.

it will be controversial though, implementation of security in a ssl protected website connection differs much from trading over a customly designed game client.

That is good to hear. Although still very very very very vague lol. It could be 2 years after or 2 weeks. I understand he doesn't want to say a specific date becuase then if it doesn't happen everyone will rage at him, but it would be nice to know a more accurate time frame of say a couple months or before the next mini expansion or by the end of the year or something along those lines. I guess I will just have to keep waiting :)
"

"
Turtledove wrote:
GGG please make trading easier.

Please create a system that doesn't require poe.xyz.is, trade chat spamming, discussion forum shops, and stalking players 10 time-zones away. It doesn't have to be an 'auction house'.

Agreed. Why not implement just one buy/sell trading page per account /24 hours on the town "lost & found" noticeboard? It would stop the rich from completely controlling the economy and people would be more careful on what they planned to buy for their characters while keeping it in balance with both forum trading and self-found players, if that's what they wished to do. Just an idea, imo.

+1 to the OP.
not necessarily have to be auction house. Anything to simplify trade is good for me.
Current trading method is sorta pain in the ars.
Not a lot of people want to stick their lazy ars to 3rd party forum like poe.xyz.

I have a faith in GGG, they always invent something creative for their customer.
Oh internet... I don't understand you
So after a pretty bad auction house in WOW and another AH at least 50% responsible for the "death" of D3 (for diferent reasons, i know) you still want to bring it here? Oooh boy xD

I thought the whole point of the currency sistem in POE was to promote P2P barter and comunication as well as community driven trade. I don't understand why is it so bad to use a site like poe.xyz to find out the IGN of the guy that has the item you want.

IMHO all GGG has to do about the trading system is maybe make it so i don't have to go to the same instance/party of the other guy and in-game browsing of the trade forums (not sure about that one).

Also the current trading system doesn't break any of the atmosphere or lore of the game witch i feel is quite nice.

For the people that trade alot and say they need a better trading system just shut up and go kill mobs! xD
"
JakkoPhD wrote:
Oh internet... I don't understand you
So after a pretty bad auction house in WOW and another AH at least 50% responsible for the "death" of D3 (for diferent reasons, i know) you still want to bring it here? Oooh boy xD

I thought the whole point of the currency sistem in POE was to promote P2P barter and comunication as well as community driven trade. I don't understand why is it so bad to use a site like poe.xyz to find out the IGN of the guy that has the item you want.

IMHO all GGG has to do about the trading system is maybe make it so i don't have to go to the same instance/party of the other guy and in-game browsing of the trade forums (not sure about that one).

Also the current trading system doesn't break any of the atmosphere or lore of the game witch i feel is quite nice.

For the people that trade alot and say they need a better trading system just shut up and go kill mobs! xD

People on the internet are anti social at times, social networks drive people away from real friends and of course there is the mentality of playing the game rather than waiting for someone to respond to a trade chat message and greed is always factor as well, AHs make it easy to just price everything the way others do, and then people complain about the items not selling because what they see on the AH is what doesnt sell, not what does sell. So people shoot themselves in the foot when they go to xyz and price their item the same way.
Trading system is fine and poe.xyz is good to support it. I like the interaction with players and when a AH shows up i be quitting the game.

You want a AH go play that other shit called d3
Actual trading system is excellent.
"
People on the internet are anti social at times

I hate talking to people as much as any other nerd but i think i can muster the courage to do it if it means shaving an exalt off that rise of the phoenix xD

As for pricing a site like poe.xyz is still 10000x better than an AH because the prices there aren't really that important (people should realise that 99% of the time those prices are negociable, specially if you are polite about it). Also for the small time traders, like me, it's much more important to trade for something I need (another item, gem, etc...) for which an AH is useless.
What I want is something like poe.xyz only in game. Not an actual AH, but a listing of items like poe.xyz. Though I want people forced to have to ball park on their prices. I personally have no patience to barter mostly because people are usually trying to lowball or get more than what it's worth.

That way there is a general idea on how much items are worth and people are not being scammed, but you still have to interact with people on any and all trades. In my opinion this is the best middle ground for everyone.

If I had it my way I would have a blatant AH because I guess I'm one of the few who did like the AH in d3, just not the money AH. Too many clowns in this game try to take advantage of you and it makes me interacting and my experience with most of the community sour. AH keeps everyone honest and simplifies everything, but whatever this game will never have an AH and I've accepted that.

Oh and I like pew pew, not take hours looking up items (on an external site mind you) and talking to retards. That is the biggest and main reason you need to change the current system. Plain and simple.
Last edited by shiro05 on Aug 22, 2014, 8:42:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info