[1.2.X Guide] Mollari's Molten Strike Bino's Crit Dagger 155k/222k Tooltip DPS! - *With Atziri*

I've been admiring this build from afar for a while since it's so different from your average Ranger build. I've got a Bino's already and have my eyes on a few Abyssus helms (if people would just sign on >.>). I have two questions:

1. How much more valuable is the life / eva from Ranger start over the phys from Shadow start or vice versa? I'd personally prefer a Ranger start, but my reset Shadow is higher level.

2. How vital are Ming's Heart / Death Rush? Those two are out of my price range at the moment, and I notice you listed some important stats for rare rings, but how big of a loss in effectiveness would I expect to see in a solid rare over Ming's / DR?

Thanks, I'm loving how this build looks in video. :D

Edit: Thoughts on using a phys Doryani's (or maybe even a fire Doryani's?) instead of a solid rare? Could that make getting res capped easier such that Purity could be dropped in favor of perhaps one of the Heralds? I'm also currently testing this with a level 17 Q0 Vitality, and the life regen doesn't seem like it would make a huge difference if things began to go pear shaped. Do I underestimate the value of this aura somehow?
Last edited by ConsPark on Aug 27, 2014, 6:03:40 PM
"
ConsPark wrote:
I've been admiring this build from afar for a while since it's so different from your average Ranger build. I've got a Bino's already and have my eyes on a few Abyssus helms (if people would just sign on >.>). I have two questions:

1. How much more valuable is the life / eva from Ranger start over the phys from Shadow start or vice versa? I'd personally prefer a Ranger start, but my reset Shadow is higher level.

2. How vital are Ming's Heart / Death Rush? Those two are out of my price range at the moment, and I notice you listed some important stats for rare rings, but how big of a loss in effectiveness would I expect to see in a solid rare over Ming's / DR?

Edit: Thoughts on using a phys Doryani's (or maybe even a fire Doryani's?) instead of a solid rare? Could that make getting res capped easier such that Purity could be dropped in favor of perhaps one of the Heralds? I'm also currently testing this with a level 17 Q0 Vitality, and the life regen doesn't seem like it would make a huge difference if things began to go pear shaped. Do I underestimate the value of this aura somehow?

Hey, can't answer your first question, my understanding of the new skill tree is not that high yet. But here goes

2, Ming's Heart or Death Rush are there to provide you with pretty good ammount of chaos resistance, which is needed to run Blood Rage. You gain frenzy charges and aditional life leech from blood rage and that's why these rings are pretty good for this build, because you don't have much place to gain chaos resistance from your gear.

3, Doriani's is not a bad choise, the resists on them are decent + you get the extra leech. But generaly Rustic with high resists would be better I believe.
I used to use this

than I switched to this and it was even a DPS increase + some extra life, which Doriani's does not really offer.

But if you don't have access to a decent belt than DOriani's would do just fine IMO. But I am afraid that you are not going to get ridd of Purity that easily, there's not much room for resists sadly, I mean I've got some good resists on the rares (except my ring, that one sucks big time) but I still have to use purity
my resist gear

As far as Vitality goes, that's again kinda needed for the Blood Rage, it decreases the life degen slightly and allows you to live through it without much of a problem, it depends on the level of your blood rage and BM gem. I went suicidal mode and have both on level 20 without decreased duration. But I can still manage just fine.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions.
kiwi nation
Last edited by Kujar3 on Aug 28, 2014, 1:51:02 AM
Oh my goodness! My apologies as my little bot I wrote to alert me of new posts in this thread seems to have got stuck when pathofexile.com was DDOS a few days ago! So sorry! I will answer questions now and get it fixes :D

"
xgodsxplanx wrote:
Hi, was wondering if you've tried Herald of Ash? It looks like it would fit the build pretty nice, and it's only 25%. Maybe you could replace vitality for it when not doing harder mods.

You could. Vit plays a pretty important roll keeping our life from dropping too low between packs but the new life flasks seem like they could make herald better. I have not had a chance to play this chr since 1.2 because I have been farming it up on the new leagues. I will get some testing in this week and I plan on updating the guide accordingly.

-----------------------------------------------

"
fvp1992 wrote:
I'm running a modified version of this build and herald of ash is super strong. It double dips and works for projectiles and melee part.

I was wondering why u use blood rage, is it just for extra leech?

You get the leech from Blood Rage and you get the frenzy charges. There would be no other reliable way to generate frenzy charges without redoing the whole set of gear.

"
Freaku wrote:
What about power charges now, with new assasin's mark? I guess that power charge on crit gem is useless.

Voll's is still king, especially in parties. Being able to generate your power charges without relying on a killing blow is very important. We will still use Assassin's Mark for the more crit damage multiplier but the on death power charge chance is something that will not do much.

"
coldhandslol wrote:
I just ripped from a lag trying to play on school during a break, kinda pissed. (was playing FP with a 70 Spelldmg, 12 castepeed and 20% crit wand and a 5L in lvl 53). Now i want to say fuck spells and go with something manly. Would this build be possible going with 20q lightning strike and the pierce nodes? (and modifying the build for maybe some more of the projectile speed nodes)? And how would Hearld of Ash scale the conversion together with LS? (since it converts to lightning also).

You very much could go Lightning Strike with this build. Keep in mind that this build requires some gear and is not really HC friendly. Lightning Strike scales just like Molten Strike so you could easily modify for piece nodes and have a solid build.

"
goathatespoe wrote:
First off thanks for sharing this nice build.
I've been running this build in both the 1MSC race and now the Rampage league.
I have yet to actually use a bino's which I'll hopefully acquire this league.

So for one, I'd like to point out some things on how i've had a good time levelling.
For normal it is easy to get a decent two hander and just crush everything in normal with ease. You get Hatred, added fire and faster attacks as a ranger real fast and should use that as a 3L for best results.
When starting cruel, both times, i've been able to buy myself a voll's and 4L it and acquire Blood magic, wed and multistrike. From there on I started using a 1H + shield, I wasn't able to get a perandus or mightflay right away in rampage so I just used some self found daggers and some shield until I bought a perandus, skiping the mightflay. Damage is still OK in cruel but not as spectacular. In cruel you also are able to start using hatred and vitality. I pretty much kept that going until a3m when I bought an abyssus and a pair of maligaros.
This is were this build becomes suicidal, unless you have a good supply of great jewellery you will end up with close to no resists and around 2-2.5k health. Now i've got an ok dagger of ~200 pdps and end up melting through everything.
Now what i've done to actually not die all the time is to switch auras around and now run Purity of Elements and Purity of Fire together with the new spell Herald of Ash, which leaves me at 16k DPS instead of 23k with hatred (and HoA). But instead makes me able to attack voidbearers before they melt me in less than a second.
This solution is what I will run until I am able to get a bino's or get good enough jewellery/boots to drop one purity aura.

Now to the passive tree changes in 1.2, progression feels great!
You are able to get more AS and Crit chance much sooner now. I've first got all the points in the ranger section, moved to thick skin and point blank, moved towards the shadow section and specced into all of the points except the other half of the dagger wheel (not adders touch), and am now moving towards the scion life wheel.

I'm sorry for this wall of text but I felt like writing my thoughts down on this build. Patiently waiting to get a bino's and a voll's with more than 4L :)
Your thoughts on the Herald Spells and the Aura progression I mentioned would be interesting, thanks!

I am glad you like it! The new tree allows for a lot more access to defensive nodes without huge drawbacks. Thing like Phase Acrobatics no longer have too much bloat to get to and are solid choices. I like the new 1.2 tree a lot and I am glad you're enjoying it! GL on the Bino's! :D

"
ConsPark wrote:

1. I think the life nodes are the way to go. Life is scarce in the Ranger section and we already have to spend points to get to the scion life wheel. It ends up saving us a few points but we lose the 15% projectile damage, which if you are really concerned about, you would be better off using 2 points and getting sniper. It would be a larger projectile damag bonus than Ballistic Mastery because you would get 28% projectile damage instead of 15% for 2 points.

2. The Blood Rage degen is chaos damage so having some good chaos resist to counter this goes a long way in keeping your health up between packs. With the new amazing life potions (Seething Divines sooooo stonk) you could probably get away with less chaos res but its really up to you on if you want to be forced to use a potion between packs. Ming's actually looks less appealing currently because it kept the -25% maximum health even though the health nodes were nerfed. If you have access to a Death's Rush I would highly recommend this ring now.

You could use a Doryani's if you had one but I would not go buy one. You would be better off with life/wed on a rustic.

-----------

Lastly, thanks Kujar for tossing around your experience with the build and helping people out while my bot decided to lie to me and tell me that there were no new posts! I will take some time over the next week and update the rest of the guide as I should have some time to do some testing. Appreciate all the feedback! :)
IGN: @MollariFindsStuff
Livestream: twitch.tv/MollariGaming
http://www.Mollari.com
Last edited by MollariGaming on Aug 28, 2014, 2:47:48 AM
Somehow I *totally missed* the Blood Rage portion of this build. I'm an idiot. That makes some things make more sense now. Thanks. I went with Shadow start. With four charges power / frenzy (haven't fixed bandit reward yet) I'm sitting at 62k tooltip, which is the highest tooltip I've ever had in PoE to date. Loving the way the build plays. :D

With a level 18 reduced mana I'm finding I still can't run Vitality, Hatred, and Purity all at once. Makes me think mana will be very tight when that RM levels to 19 and I can run them in tandem. Is it not that bad at 19, or does it suck pretty hard until RM hits 20?

My last remaining question is: where do you keep your CWDT levels at? Right now I'm running CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration all on one link on a level 10 CWDT, but I'd like to transition to a dual CWDT setup asap. I assume the Enduring Cry CWDT is lower to ensure it triggers first.
Last edited by ConsPark on Aug 28, 2014, 3:18:37 AM
"
ConsPark wrote:
Somehow I *totally missed* the Blood Rage portion of this build. I'm an idiot. That makes some things make more sense now. Thanks. I went with Shadow start. With four charges power / frenzy (haven't fixed bandit reward yet) I'm sitting at 62k tooltip, which is the highest tooltip I've ever had in PoE to date. Loving the way the build plays. :D

With a level 18 reduced mana I'm finding I still can't run Vitality, Hatred, and Purity all at once. Makes me think mana will be very tight when that RM levels to 19 and I can run them in tandem. Is it not that bad at 19, or does it suck pretty hard until RM hits 20?

My last remaining question is: where do you keep your CWDT levels at? Right now I'm running CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration all on one link on a level 10 CWDT, but I'd like to transition to a dual CWDT setup asap. I assume the Enduring Cry CWDT is lower to ensure it triggers first.

Well if you are running 3 auras (which you can when RM hits level 19) you will need to link Molten Strike to Blood Magic to use because the aura's will take up your entire mana bar. As for the CWDT I kept mine around required level 40 on the gem. Its personal preference but you don't want them much higher then that IMO.
"
MollariGaming wrote:
"
ConsPark wrote:
snip

Well if you are running 3 auras (which you can when RM hits level 19) you will need to link Molten Strike to Blood Magic to use because the aura's will take up your entire mana bar. As for the CWDT I kept mine around required level 40 on the gem. Its personal preference but you don't want them much higher then that IMO.

Ah, I see the blood magic gem now. I'm running off of a Tabula at the moment, so I didn't even take a close look at the Voll links. Thanks again.
Does MS scale better off proj damage, cause ranger gets 8% as and 24% proj but the new shadow start is 57% phys damage. So I was wondering which is better?
"
KielRea wrote:
Does MS scale better off proj damage, cause ranger gets 8% as and 24% proj but the new shadow start is 57% phys damage. So I was wondering which is better?

With the difficulty of getting much life around the Ranger area I would go life section of the ranger. The physical dmg from the Shadow will also scale the projectiles so if you are going for pure damage and do not mind giving up the life, then Shadow would be your best bet.
please post your full gear,thank you
"
aurashu wrote:
please post your full gear,thank you

Will do this weekend. Going to have some time to really test out 1.2 on this chr. I will update as soon as I do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info