[1.2.X Guide] Mollari's Molten Strike Bino's Crit Dagger 155k/222k Tooltip DPS! - *With Atziri*

"
Chadddyy wrote:
average at best... typical from you... step it up...

Jelly fish is Jelly!
zzZzzzZzzZz
I've seen the build in action on your stream, really good stuff! Keep it up!
IGN: Std -> Hossina (lv100 Scion)
Talisman -> Voltaxina (lv96 Ranger)

GMT +1, Central Europe
When using Point Blank, I'm pretty sure the Projectiles actually scale much better than the initial hit and it results in better DPS to focus on scaling the Projectiles rather than try to do both.

So in this case, Concentrated Effect is the best support gem, not Added Fire. Say you have 1000 average physical damage per swing after Multistrike, Faster Attacks, and Crit are factored in:

With Conc Effect:
Initial Hit Physical: 1200 x 0.4 = 480
Initial Hit Fire = 1200 x 1.59 (WED) x 0.6 = 1145
Projectile Physical: 720 x 1.69 (Conc Effect) x 1.5 (best case for Point Blank) = 1825 x 0.4 (conversion) = 730
Projectile Fire: 1825 x 1.59 (WED) x 0.6 = 1741

Total of Initial Hit + one Projectile: 4096

With Added Fire:
Initial Hit Fire = 1200 x 1.39 (AF) x 1.59 (WED) x 0.6 = 1591
Projectile Physical: 720 x 1.5 (best case for Point Blank) = 1080 x 0.4 (conversion) = 432
Projectile Fire: 1825 x 1.39 x 1.59 (WED) x 0.6 = 1432

Total of Initial Hit + one Projectile: 3935

For the same reason, I'm pretty sure that if you were to drop Blood Magic you'd want Physical Projectile Attack Damage as your 6th link.

Also - I'm 99% sure you fire 3 projectiles per attack, not 2. I think the 2 'additional' projectiles in the tooltip are the additional beyond the first one that comes as a result of the skill.

"
SorakPoE wrote:
When using Point Blank, I'm pretty sure the Projectiles actually scale much better than the initial hit and it results in better DPS to focus on scaling the Projectiles rather than try to do both.

So in this case, Concentrated Effect is the best support gem, not Added Fire. Say you have 1000 average physical damage per swing after Multistrike, Faster Attacks, and Crit are factored in:

With Conc Effect:
Initial Hit Fire = 1200 x 1.59 (WED) x 0.6 = 1145
Projectile Physical: 720 x 1.69 (Conc Effect) x 1.5 (best case for Point Blank) = 1825 x 0.4 (conversion) = 730
Projectile Fire: 1825 x 1.59 (WED) x 0.6 = 1741

Total of Initial Hit + one Projectile: 4096

With Added Fire:
Initial Hit Fire = 1200 x 1.39 (AF) x 1.59 (WED) x 0.6 = 1591
Projectile Physical: 720 x 1.5 (best case for Point Blank) = 1080 x 0.4 (conversion) = 432
Projectile Fire: 1825 x 1.39 x 1.59 (WED) x 0.6 = 1432

Total of Initial Hit + one Projectile: 3935

For the same reason, I'm pretty sure that if you were to drop Blood Magic you'd want Physical Projectile Attack Damage as your 6th link.

Also - I'm 99% sure you fire 3 projectiles per attack, not 2. I think the 2 'additional' projectiles in the tooltip are the additional beyond the first one that comes as a result of the skill.

Correct on the number of projectiles, no idea why I put 4 instead of 6.

When it comes to Concentrated Effect you are assuming every single projectile hits something. This is not always the case and the use of Concentrated Effect may not cause the projectile to hit as many targets when surrounded with mobs. There is also plenty of times where the projectiles do not even land before the mob in front of me is dead and I am already moving on. Unfortunately there really is no way to figure out 100% because there is a range of where the projectiles can land and mobs are not always in the exact same spot in front of you. The Added Fire also buffs the initial melee hit (where we get the regen from Bino's from) and the projectile damage so personally I would choose Added Fire over Concentrated Effect every time.

I very much appreciate you taking the time with the math and it is totally up to the person on their links but for me, I will take Added Fire every time.

Edit: Spell dem word is huard.
IGN: @MollariFindsStuff
Livestream: twitch.tv/MollariGaming
http://www.Mollari.com
Last edited by MollariGaming on Jul 2, 2014, 12:30:45 PM
"
MollariGaming wrote:

Correct on the number of projectiles, no idea why I put 4 instead of 6.

When it comes to Concentrated Effect you are assuming every single projectile hits something. This is not always the case and the use of Concentrated Effect may not cause the projectile to hit as many targets when surrounded with mobs. There is also plenty of times where the projectiles do not even land before the mob in front of me is dead and I am already moving on. Unfortunately there really is no way to figure out 100% because there is a range of where the projectiles can land and mobs are not always in the exact same spot in front of you. The Added Fire also buffs the initial melee hit (where we get the regen from Bino's from) and the projectile damage so personally I would choose Added Fire over Concentrated Effect every time.

I very much appreciate you taking the time with the math and it is totally up to the person on their links but for me, I will take Added Fire every time.

Edit: Spell dem word is huard.

True, it's situational I guess. But IMO, at this level of DPS you should be more concerned about the time it takes to kill Rares and Bosses more than small differences in AoE, and I'm pretty convinced that the single target potential of Molten Strike is much higher using Conc Effect and Phys Proj than it is with any other configuration.
I'm too lazy to math this, but it's pretty likely that using Conc. Effect wouldn't actually reduce your chance to hit with the extra projectiles, since it would both reduce the pop radius of each projectile and the radius within which the projectiles can drop. You might actually end up with more hits on targets in melee range.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
I'm too lazy to math this, but it's pretty likely that using Conc. Effect wouldn't actually reduce your chance to hit with the extra projectiles, since it would both reduce the pop radius of each projectile and the radius within which the projectiles can drop. You might actually end up with more hits on targets in melee range.

It really is going to come down to personal perference without any way to figure it out exactly. Reducing the radius also reduces my AoE range as I do not use Melee Splash. The only thing I know for sure is that Added Fire buffs both portions and that killing blows with the projectiles doesn't proc the regeneration from Bino's. You would absolutely be alright to use Concentrated Effect if you so desire it is just not what I personally would use. Thanks for the feedback!
I'm curious how you deal with spell damage since you have no spell block.

Don't you get fried by nasty spell users like some of the meaner map bosses? Why don't you take more block and some spell block skill nodes?

How and when (at what level) can you run two 60% auras since you have no reduced mana nodes? I guess it's because all your skills use blood magic?

Nice build though. I have a Bino's and want to try some variation of this.

"
Skywalkerfx wrote:
I'm curious how you deal with spell damage since you have no spell block.

Don't you get fried by nasty spell users like some of the meaner map bosses? Why don't you take more block and some spell block skill nodes?

How and when (at what level) can you run two 60% auras since you have no reduced mana nodes? I guess it's because all your skills use blood magic?

Nice build though. I have a Bino's and want to try some variation of this.

Keeping the Bino's regen rolling and killing mobs very quickly solves and problem with spells. You can get more block and spell block if you so desire but you will lose quite a bit of damage. Damage can add to your survivability because when the mobs die faster they have less time to dmg you. You can run 2 60% auras with only like a level 7-8ish reduced mana gem and like 500 mana. You obviously have to link all gems to BM then though.

Which map boss are you worried about? They all melt in under the time it takes for Vaal Grace to expire with most taking 2ish seconds. Vaal Grace is getting nerfed this patch (rightfully so) but it still will not a any problem at all.
"
PabloCappone wrote:
nice build how many croms to give RRRRRG ? for science
Voll's is an AR/ES chest so RRRRRG shouldn't take a lot of chromes but RNG is a bitch sometimes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info