Final feedback as I uninstall

Expect no grinding in ARPG.
Fucking lol.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I hate pulling the characters tab card, but wtf? You haven't played this game up to the point where 'gambling' might become a problem. I don't get it.

Yes, because we all know that fusings/jewellers/alts/alchs/chaos/ex only drop in Maps. Newer players only get scraps and whetstones to play with.

/s
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
rrtson wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
I hate pulling the characters tab card, but wtf? You haven't played this game up to the point where 'gambling' might become a problem. I don't get it.

Yes, because we all know that fusings/jewellers/alts/alchs/chaos/ex only drop in Maps. Newer players only get scraps and whetstones to play with.

/s

wow chill mate, im pretty sure he meant that you dont have to gamble before maps besides jews chroms and fusings in a real low extend.
its easy to get to level 70 without much problems.
Grinding IS part of aRGPs. I don't think that there would be any problem progressing in Softcore-based leagues, as you're not required to have max (or close to) resists, decent-high HP pool.

I can speak of my own experience, I've never had big issues with progression till Merciless Act2 in any Hardcore league or week Race. Same goes for players that do well consistently. The only problem is A3x Cruel, anything else can be played around through Passive-tree and rolling magic items.

Getting to level 70+ can be done with even a 3-Link, 4 Link is more than enough. When taking a look at your character levels - about what kind of "gamling" are you speaking of? And why it's game's fault? And not, most likely, poor decisions you've made?
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Jul 2, 2014, 6:59:12 AM
"
rrtson wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

/s

Those all work quite great early game.
"
rrtson wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

/s

u wot m8? He claims he can't progress because the gambling system prevents him from doing so. Please show me where you have to gamble to get to level 60?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The problem of POE is not grinding but being randomly and NOT proportionally rewarded for time spent in-game as drops and crafting is all about luck...and you need a lot of it in this game.
Last edited by sfrattini on Jul 2, 2014, 12:33:07 PM
Even Act3x is optional. No need to even kill piety to start accessing endgame maps.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:

What it comes down to is that I wanted this game to be the next Diablo

Interesting, yea I agree too.

"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
I will never party with strangers with FFA loot. Not ever.

I'm part of a community that formed around D2, and we have a system that involves dropping the loot we find in town and divvying it up fairly after a game.

(sniped from post history)

I too was part of a small community, but we just shared and tried to "one-up" each other by being generous. Occasionally a HR nobody needed would drop or an early season Anni and we would sell it for Pul's and Um's or whatever we could get and share those or split the FG. I'm still in touch with some of these guys ten+ years later.

Why is it so hard for people to see that these communities would have never existed without forced FFA loot? (and arguably unwanted PVP situations) - a need for "gentleman" agreements like these would have never happened, those friends you made? They would have only been passing acquaintances and I dare say Diablo 2 itself would have not been the game we both wanted PoE to be the "next" of.

"

Why is it so hard for people to see that these communities would have never existed without forced FFA loot? (and arguably unwanted PVP situations) - a need for "gentleman" agreements like these would have never happened, those friends you made? They would have only been passing acquaintances and I dare say Diablo 2 itself would have not been the game we both wanted PoE to be the "next" of.

I'd be much more inclined to join FFA if unwanted PVP situations could arise. I just don't like one without the other. Ideally, I'd like some sort of system where you could hostile someone and force them to drop any loot acquired in the last minute before the hostiling if you can kill them.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info