Final feedback as I uninstall

I know these threads aren't very helpful and I don't really have anything new to say, but it didn't seem right to quit without posting something after playing for so long. I started toward the end of closed beta, when a few people from my gaming community were generously given keys by Chris himself. It's funny and a little sad to really think about how much time I've spent with the game and how little of that time was actually fun.

What it comes down to is that I wanted this game to be the next Diablo, and for me a large part of that was being able to play it as if it was a mostly single-player game. I wanted to build self-contained, self-sufficient characters, play them to the end of the game, and retire them. Instead, I was impeded every step of the way by a contrived gambling system that permeates every aspect of the game and as far as I can tell does nothing but drive away players. I was punished for not being lucky enough to progress without grinding, I was punished for not being tenacious enough to grind, and I was punished for not being stupid enough to play characters that weren't fun so I could play the ones that were.

I could have done so much more and had so much more fun if I wasn't being artificially slowed and shut down by the gambling system. I'm sure I would have been playing for years to come. So what is the point of it, if it doesn't make me want to keep playing? I don't understand who this is meant for. I doubt I'll pick the game up again until/unless the gambling system is replaced with a proper crafting system.

I'll leave it that. Thanks for reading.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Thank you for taking the time to leave some parting notes for the devs. Hopefully the future will bring something new.

Take care
Good read and i empathize with your play-style. If only...maybe...someday :).

peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I'm not too sure I understand your personal dilemma. You can make it to maps with some pretty piss poor gear. Most of you characters barely made it to cruel, and you can get there with just recipes.
-1 old man...
So sad :( Come back later buddy.
You should to look how helman spend 2k chaos orbs and get nothing :D
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Hi OnmyojiOmn,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this well written feedback. We wish you all the best for the future and we hope that the new content we have planned for the near future may be more to your liking and enjoyment should you return.

~ Michael

Edit:
I don't 'copy pasta' my posts, thank you very much rrtson.
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Jul 2, 2014, 4:48:53 AM
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
Hi OnmyojiOmn,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this well written feedback. We wish you all the best for the future and we hope that the new content we have planned for the near future may be more to your liking and enjoyment should you return.

~ Michael

That's a nice copy pasta.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
I hate pulling the characters tab card, but wtf? You haven't played this game up to the point where 'gambling' might become a problem. I don't get it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
Hi OnmyojiOmn,

~ Michael

Edit:

Hope you guys continue to post something like this in other threads alike.

It's a pretty smooth move, imo. <3
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
Hi OnmyojiOmn,

~ Michael

Edit:

Hope you guys continue to post something like this in other threads alike.

It's a pretty smooth move, imo. <3

B-but it's soulless copy pasta! How dare they?

:D that edit. Michael <3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jul 2, 2014, 5:00:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info