Build of the Week Season 2 Episode 12: Dual-Totem Ethereal Knives Shadow

Seriously though, if your gonna post swag wanking BotW's, instead of doing something bland, tasteless, and stereotypical like a low life dual totem caster that we've all seen thousands of times before, why not go for something completely off the wall like an Atziri's Disfavour firestorm build, or a cast on dammage taken self-punishment build? It would be much more interesting...
Maybe I should post my Mind over matter, Multitrap build. I 1-2 shot big mob packs (when solo at least hehe) and am pretty tanky. I only have 4-links and gear is cheap as hell.

Lvl 68 now, map viable.
If anyone is interested PM me :)
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Last edited by Starball on Jul 1, 2014, 12:33:28 PM
Featuring more builds that are like, level 65-75 with realistic gear load-outs would be much more fulfilling. it just makes more sense to me, really. To post builds like this is setting the bar so high for new players and even players that have been playing for a while that it is pretty discouraging. Players that have multiple stacks of exalts to drop on gear like this are so few that you're pandering to a extreme minority.

Also why even post builds that are above, say, level 85? Hardly anyone makes it to level 90 or above. Are we saying to players that your build needs to be 85+ to even work well?
Most players who'd wish to emulate many of these builds of the week would need to abuse RMT to do so.

It's cool that people have gotten to this high level of gearing, and it's cool that a tiny percentile of the player base can achive this without some direct or indirect RMT involvement, but some of the more impressionable could help to be lead to the darkside in a effort to emulate these streamers.
relax people the videos just showcase different builds. This one was expensive, theres been videos of cheap builds in the past and there will be videos of cheap builds in the future. I would imagine they are trying to show off a variety of different skills, ek and totems in general are not flavour of the month atm, I cant remember the last botw that showcased either of these.
Bummer. They didn't pick my (BUDGET!) dual totem lightning warp trapper.

And given that this is a dual totem build, the odds of mine getting the spotlight are close to null. Swell.
GGG should really put some rules on their BOTW series. It is no use if the build just relies on broken mechanics, exalts and the straight picking of dmg nodes. Seriously this build doesn't have *any* novelty nor clever combination of game mechanics on it.

I'd suggest just featuring builds which are fully HC viable and don't have the aforementioned flaws.
I propose an alternate approach to BOTW.

Make it a bi-weekly event showcasing 2 builds rather than just one.

Keep the .1% build as the "dream feature", but also showcase one that would interest the remaining 99.9% of us as feasible. The "common man feature".

Requirements of the common man feature should include a moderate gear requirement and around level 65-70 and as the intended end. If uniques are used, builds should be restricted to using only the more common tiers.

This could help to bring in new players, keep the interest alive for current players and encourage less RMT.

Also, as others have said, at this point it's probably good to not focus on things that will no longer be a part of the game.

"
TheWretch wrote:
So is this viable for the upcoming 1 month league?

If you can find a way to conjure up 400+ exalted orbs. Sure.
Seriously, I don't get all the crying here. A low budget build is somethink everyone of us can easily achieve by playing the game a couple of days. Sure, some budget builds are more viable then others and a few are really elaborate and awesome (these are some of my all time fav's).
However, as Chris mentioned in the video these dual totem EK build is something you work on for the entire season. Many of us may never obtain such great items but it's IMHO still nice to see where you are headed if you don't give up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info