Build of the Week Season 2 Episode 12: Dual-Totem Ethereal Knives Shadow

"Item masturbation" seems like an apt phrase to describe this build. Not that there's anything wrong with it--I occasionally enjoy the challenge of building an 8-unique build--it just feels like GGG is trying to normalize these crazy-expensive builds when in reality most players won't have access to this build unless they play PoE like a second job.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Build of the week with shavronnes and 2 x void battery? Come on ggg, this shows the current sad state of the game. The developers are out of touch with the game, because if you were in touch you would never pick this build as BOTW, since only a very small percentage of the playerbase will ever afford it.
yeah post a build where a 6-link is mandatory - great jobs guys ..... not
"
Delirii wrote:
"
So you need a shavs for this? Lol, GGG spitting in the face of the non traders again i see. :(

Shavronne's isn't needed if you can just hide behind totems that do all the killing for you. Plus, there's a total of 28% chaos res @ Witch. Add to that chaos res from gear - which isn't too difficult to obtain, just use Purity and get ES clusters @ Shadow/Templar to keep the ele resists up - and most of the chaos damage will never bother you.

He has like 100 hp left after auras, so no matter how much chaos resist you have - oneshot to chaos damage. You can't hide behind totems, they are to easily killed, shavs is mandatory.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
vixien wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
So is this viable for the upcoming 1 month league?

No. Good luck getting a Shavronne's wrappings within the 1 month race. I'm sure some players will, but if you are asking, then you will not be one of them.

So it wont work without a Shavs? Bummer.

You could try it with Solaris + a solid ES base shield instead of two Voids.
"
Raghin wrote:
Echo totems really are a must. Echo shockwave totem *drools*

Well, now you should think about what happens when you cast a totem twice instead of casting it once. I think it was already stated somewhere that echo won't work with totems. And thank god for that.
"
Delirii wrote:
"
So you need a shavs for this? Lol, GGG spitting in the face of the non traders again i see. :(

Shavronne's isn't needed if you can just hide behind totems that do all the killing for you. Plus, there's a total of 28% chaos res @ Witch. Add to that chaos res from gear - which isn't too difficult to obtain, just use Purity and get ES clusters @ Shadow/Templar to keep the ele resists up - and most of the chaos damage will never bother you.

Good joke
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
He has like 100 hp left after auras, so no matter how much chaos resist you have - oneshot to chaos damage. You can't hide behind totems, they are to easily killed, shavs is mandatory.

There's no need to run all of that auras. Drop whatever Purity you don't necessarily need in your current map. With those Life/Chaos Res nodes @ Witch and life on a few pieces of gear, you can have enough non-reserved life to survive most of the chaos damage. Again, most. I still wouldn't get too close to EK/Chaos damage stuff.

Also, what Nightmare said. Something like that

would be great for such a build too, you wouldn't loose too much of your chance to crit. The DPS would still be awesome.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
I feel like it would be nice if the BoTW builds were more often (about 1/2 the time maybe) affordable, or at least had an affordable counterpart. E.g. some builds I read have like "when you're starting out, this gear is good enough".

While I love me some good build-defining uniques, and build around them 'cus it's fun, builds that require plentiful high-cost items to build are not too fun to have on a platform like this. Like when you did the CoC Barrage build, I was one of those people who jumped on that bandwagon and made it. It's fun as, even though there's no way I can get a Windripper any time soon without some insanely lucky drops (I might be able to scrape up 3ex atm, and it costs between 40-110ish), I can make do with my Doomfletch and have gotten it to lvl76 and can do maps and have fun. This build, no way at all I, or most people, can afford to make even a budget version anywhere near as strong as the one you showed.

TL;DR Builds that have budget versions are better for BoTW, because people can try them out.
Honest question, Chris - what is the purpose of these kind of videos?

People who can afford 6L shavs and 2xbatteries probably know all about the game, and have most probably tried this build, it not something similar. For them the video will just be a waste of time.

To a regular bloke who needs build advices or even someone who played the game quite a lot, even hardcore, the build shown represents only a wet dream. Who's going go get shavs and void batteries in a 4 month league?

Would you say this is also 'an affordable build'? 'Budget build'?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jul 1, 2014, 7:05:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info