Build of the Week Season 2 Episode 12: Dual-Totem Ethereal Knives Shadow

insane gear can make any build good, I guess.

but how about builds mere mortals - rather than 24/7 streaming economy gods - can actually play, Chris?

I think it's time to change the whole BoTW mind-set from "GG RMT/mega-flip-grade big time Streamer showcase" to "fun innovative builds you can actually play".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 3, 2014, 2:13:33 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
insane gear can make any build good, I guess.

but how about builds mere mortals - rather than 24/7 streaming economy gods - can actually play, Chris?

I think it's time to change the whole BoTW mind-set from "GG RMT/mega-flip-grade big time Streamer showcase" to "fun innovative builds you can actually play".

wont happen. everything what is "playable" without 100ex gear is considered being OP and has to be nerfed into ground, so that people with 100ex gear cannot make it OP OP!
This build has been around since early open beta more or less. It's straightforward and uninteresting. A build of the week video should highlight underdog builds that use underdog mechanics, gear and skills combinations. This build is completely the opposite. Insanely expensive, but also extremely overrated.

Basically, if the price of the uniques used in the BotW doesn't at least triple, the video was not a success.

For example what would be cool is a build of the week around pillar of the caged god.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Honest question, Chris - what is the purpose of these kind of videos?

People who can afford 6L shavs and 2xbatteries probably know all about the game, and have most probably tried this build, it not something similar. For them the video will just be a waste of time.

To a regular bloke who needs build advices or even someone who played the game quite a lot, even hardcore, the build shown represents only a wet dream. Who's going go get shavs and void batteries in a 4 month league?

Would you say this is also 'an affordable build'? 'Budget build'?

You've a valid point, which I hope GGG ponders upon. ヽ( ゚ ヮ゚ )ノ
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael