DRelentless' Low-life BM Redbeak Reaver (25k dps) -> $$Cheap Build

Build: Low-Life/Blood Magic - Redbeak Reaver (1st update)
Budget: 6 exa ideal (3exa possible)

No Shavs / No 5L
For End Game / HC Viable / Cheap / Unique (I think so)/ 7 Auras- No Snapshot / Next League Ready!

I stick to my principle - " If you start it with Redbeak. You must end it with Redbeak."

Current Gear

Stats
http://imgur.com/DOr5R2F (Offense- Only Aura Buff)
http://imgur.com/X6uxirQ (Offense- Aura + Blood Rage + 4 Frenzy)
http://imgur.com/vhiqDKr (Defense- Aura + Gears)

Leveling
Can be Scion/Shadow/Templar/Duelist. Use standard leveling method - (melee-caster-traps-bows) get life nodes along paths leading to aura nodes first and Iron reflex, whichever you prefer, since the endgame tree is unusually all over the place :). After you've reached level 65 you can already wear Rime Gaze and transition to low-life, but it's more advisable to level until 70 to acquire necessary gears & gem levels.

I just respec my other low-life build to this build, so try whatever you feel is better way to transition to low-life. around level 70 you'll able to do Blood Magic and use 6 auras. quality bloodrage gem is huge,

Play Style
Level Reave until 4 only. The low mana cost of the skill can be sustained by around 4% life regen (that's why Vitality is needed). You rely mainly on leeching to survive (Ghost Reaver), so diving to pack of mobs is ok, but avoid freezing mobs & too many hardhitting spell casters as you can't charge your flask quickly(No Surgeon's)

The reduced range due to Conc Effect will force you to play more skillfully and with the Blood Rage Degen you have to constantly hit something to gain back ES. Use whirling blades to dive in & out of danger. Use Vaal Discipline in tight situations (don't hesitate!) and Vaal Haste for Bosses.

Alternatives
Lower level gems with less quality also able to do decent damage (around 15k buff dps easily)
Can use Static Blows for shock stacks more dps
Can spec for a Crit based Instead of Resolute Technique
Use Reave on 5L or 6L Solaris Lorica or even Shavs if you managed to get one

I just recently theory crafted this build & get the cheap & readily available gears/gems from my idling standard characters, sorry for anything I missed out, there are still a lot that can be improved. I'm sharing these so average Joe players who don't have a budget for a 30+ exa builds can experience a high dps fast clearer within a budget and try low-life with a twist! Enjoy!

Previous Test Run- 73 map

Latest Test Run- 1st 77 map attempt (Shrine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfSeFwDLudY Already Face Tanking Peity

Last edited by Drelentless on Jun 25, 2014, 3:02:35 PM
Interesting build, gonna check them out. Will there be vids with end-game maps soon? And why BM instead of BM gem or Mana? (you could have more Auras and Run Clarity)
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Last edited by surVfate on Jun 21, 2014, 1:06:57 PM
Hi, I'm still working on how to do a video, I'm a newb on that category :). I chose BM passive mainly to try if it would work as effective as mana based low life, and it does actually. I believe it's more effective in aura reservation overall compare to mana based without snap shot, which will be gone next league. so no need to run clarity, no need for mana passives, mana on gears.

Since these type of build you don't really see, gearing this toon can be very cheap, which is really my main goal: To make unique cheap effective builds. Glad that you find it interesting :)

Edit: Test Run Video Up
Last edited by Drelentless on Jun 22, 2014, 5:30:30 AM
ur build looks really interesting and its nice to see a low-life build that doesnt need like 100+ Ex in gear to work , cuz of CoE and 6L Shav and such high-end items.
But i got onequestion: Wouldnt it be much easier if u would use ST+LMP instead of reave ? Since u would have less problems to hit mobs and could easier leech since ST cover a much bigger Area than reave and with all ur Aura nodes Wrath and Anger would work great with ST imo.
Hi, using ST will not synergize well with the build, because of lack of attack speed base of Redbeak, but any melee skill with very low mana cost will do (lightning strike, double strike, dual strike etc., due to melee can use Multi-strike which can scale more to any increase attack speed buff. You will also need a 5L lorica for that, dps will be lower.

What I have shown is the cheaper version only,(the jewelries suck) that's why other people may think it can only achieve that.. 20k dps not enough.. well in fact it can do above 35k+ dps with the same 2 redbeaks.. now I'm working on it, already 27k DPS with 5L lorica, ring/amy changes & buffing Bloodrage with q20 Blood magic gem. Current target improvements:

- A 6L Solaris Lorica
- Alpha's howl (can run 8-9 auras now, with Determination -> 34k armor)
- Bloodrage gem link with q23 bloodmagic + lvl 3 enhance
- replace 1 ring & Amy(50+ any flat damage & 30+ weap elem)- this alone will pump the dps 5k+
- replace higher es boots
- Auxium belt
- Corrupt to lvl 21 Anger/wrath/Discipline (if get lucky)
- Corrupt Redbeaks with Culling Strike and/or +Dual Wield block chance (doable) - (Edited)

Last edited by Drelentless on Jul 9, 2014, 10:02:39 AM
Updated (changed a lousy ring & amulet with a more decent flat damage worth a few chaos only + I corrupted a Redbeak with Culling Strike! Yay!)
From someone that really enjoys theory crafting builds and love lowlife with shavs, this is fuck in amazing. I'm definitely trying this out.
IGN @Dbum
"
dbum wrote:
From someone that really enjoys theory crafting builds and love lowlife with shavs, this is fuck in amazing. I'm definitely trying this out.

Yes please do try this out! Theory crafting is the most fun about this game, especially the cheap ones. and trying to make them do end game content and HC material, to prove that it's not just inflated dps builds without any survivabilty. I don't really find min maxing builds appealing and grinding it to the max. If I find the build already works, done highest content easily, I stop playing the build already, and move on.

I would love to see a hardcore variation of this build but that would probably mean equipping a shield which would kill most of the damage i guess.. Also i would probably go for corrupted dual wield block on one redbeak and culling strike on the other :D

Really really interesting build to say the least!

(Didn't see you already have culling strike!)
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Last edited by Priory on Jun 27, 2014, 2:38:39 PM
"
Priory wrote:
I would love to see a hardcore variation of this build but that would probably mean equipping a shield which would kill most of the damage i guess.. Also i would probably go for corrupted dual wield block on one redbeak and culling strike on the other :D

Really really interesting build to say the least!

(Didn't see you already have culling strike!)

Yes that corrupted culling strike only come out after 12+ try!

This should be viable in HC with just a few tweaks. I have a similar build that get to level 85 Invasion http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/949442- (Viper Strike/Searing Bond) that uses 2 redbeaks as well. It ripped trying to be cocky solo face tank a chained Harbringer Invader in a 3 man pub party(they avoided it), lvl 73 map-- Big mistake

I suggest to use searing bond as a secondary offense as it scales well with redbeak, to kite difficult situations also. I would use Deodre's damning as well for double curse, so my CwDT will auto cast enfeeble. The amount of damage that you would do with Ele Weakness curse is far more to compensate the loss of 10-15% Dps from a high flat damage ring.

Last edited by Drelentless on Jun 28, 2014, 7:28:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info