Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

One Q: Is it worth it to buy Drillneck around 10Ex?... This price is extremely high
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Seraph1104 wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking about testing this build, currently I'm playing with a physical non-crit build. Therefore I didn't pick the power charge.

Is this build also good playable without the 4th power charge or is the damage loss too big?
How big is the damage loss/ crit chance loss circa in high end? Or do you recomment to take the 4th power charge and level a new ranger (currently my ranger is level 79)

I don't have the 4th power charge either because I just re-spec'd this char from something else, but I can tell you that it really doesn't matter that much. Last little tweaks here and there like power charge, or a 6th socket, or extra good gear is only if you need to do Uber Atziri. You can easily get by with high level mapping and normal Atziri runs without those things. You'll still melt mobs with mid range gear.

Thanks for the answer :)
"
One Q: Is it worth it to buy Drillneck around 10Ex?... This price is extremely high

10 EX is a good price, so it's worth considering. Besides your bow, it's really the item that will give you the most benefit for the price you spend. I'd say you can get away with a 4 link for your puncture, and you don't "need" 20 quality on your gems, but yeah Drillneck is pretty nice. I was hesitant myself because of the cost, but once I got it, I can't imagine not using it now.

Has anybody without the budget for Atziri Gloves tried just getting Vaal Pact and seeing if that solves the mana leech problems? I know it would waste 7 points, but it seems like it might help a lot. I'd like to hear a few opinions of people who have tried it before spending 7 regrets to try myself.
Last edited by VixTrader on Sep 4, 2014, 7:44:54 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:

Has anybody without the budget for Atziri Gloves tried just getting Vaal Pact and seeing if that solves the mana leech problems? I know it would waste 7 points, but it seems like it might help a lot. I'd like to hear a few opinions of people who have tried it before spending 7 regrets to try myself.

I haven't tried it, but it only makes life leech instant, not mana leech.

Also for it to be worth it for life leech, you'd need an insane amount of leech. I'd guess a minimum of 10% leech to at least get 4% instant leech
"
MarcoFiera wrote:

I was lucky enough to trade mine for BoR (so got it for around 7 Exa)

But yes, it is worth it. Gives a very big dps boost, though I used a fairly nice crit quiver before.
IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee
"
Precaso wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:

I haven't tried it, but it only makes life leech instant, not mana leech.

Also for it to be worth it for life leech, you'd need an insane amount of leech. I'd guess a minimum of 10% leech to at least get 4% instant leech

Ah ya, of course... Damn, I'm really struggling with mana leech problems. 2% just doesn't seem to be enough, but I don't want to give up any other item slots to get more.
"
VixTrader wrote:
Damn, I'm really struggling with mana leech problems. 2% just doesn't seem to be enough, but I don't want to give up any other item slots to get more.

What's your dps and what level are you? Are using pierce split arrow?
"
Precaso wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:
Damn, I'm really struggling with mana leech problems. 2% just doesn't seem to be enough, but I don't want to give up any other item slots to get more.

No I was using Chain because I find it more fun, and if I didn't keep running out of mana and shooting single arrows all the time it would clear maps faster too. But it's just gotten too annoying so I've switched over to pierce. 2% is more than enough and I can even do all those "recover life and mana at 50%" maps that I've had to stash :)
"
Drinitix wrote:
I really love this build!
Killed Atziri few runs, no probleme.
Near 3k8 hp, you don't need more for atziri.
My main problem is double vaal, if you got tricks let me know. I think i can't double vaal uber actually.

My Gear

Yeah, Rasa power !!!

any reason you're using ash and ice over hatred/haste?

I will have to save for a drillneck looks like. Fun...
Can that be farmed? Like merveil on cruel? Guess there'd be a lot rng still.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Sep 4, 2014, 2:39:28 PM
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Precaso wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:

No I was using Chain because I find it more fun, and if I didn't keep running out of mana and shooting single arrows all the time it would clear maps faster too. But it's just gotten too annoying so I've switched over to pierce. 2% is more than enough and I can even do all those "recover life and mana at 50%" maps that I've had to stash :)

If you want to use chain split arrow, the Revelry cluster (below the ranger, below the king of the hill crit bow nodes) that gives +2 mana on hit on top of having mana leech might be enough to sustain. If you try it, let me know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info