Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

I beat Atziri first try (haven't ever got a character this far before) with this build. So pretty much I suck and my gear is lacking a lot of health (I have 3608) and I still beat her. Gonna start farming her now.

Gear

Build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B0QMeBbUGIwguCIkKmxUgFr8Zjhn-GwEfQSF2IuIj9iT9JT8mlSoLLOkwcTB8MfoyATKUNj051DpCOrNH4kp9S3hNklFHVUtW-luvXWheRWHiYqxnoGyMbWxwUnb3d9d4638CfyuGzod2jDaNfY2_kAqS85UFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6EiokCkOabgp9Sr0q_rshm1SLvjwTPEosqpzerPetCB037UI9aK2cbajdwV3Q3dqOcK51TndOjW6xTtg-968-r0-Prr_MX-uv7I_94=
So this build is better than the classic Split Arrow/Ele Hit buildbecause puncture does damage while you are moving correct? I have pretty good gear and thought about trying this out would need to drop Windripper though of course.

What makes the damage so high with this over the standard SA/Crit that Mathil ran?
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
So this build is better than the classic Split Arrow/Ele Hit buildbecause puncture does damage while you are moving correct? I have pretty good gear and thought about trying this out would need to drop Windripper though of course.

What makes the damage so high with this over the standard SA/Crit that Mathil ran?

This one uses the Drillneck unique and takes the piercing passive nodes. Dunno if the damage is higher or anything, I might spec into Mathil's later on and run Chain instead of pierce and get another quiver. Still not sure. The trees arent different pretty much at all. Just like 2 different clusters. Both are very good builds.
"
VixTrader wrote:
Before I buy Drillneck, I'd like to know what people think the best set up is:

Setup 1)

Drillneck
Ias Gloves with mana Leech

Setup 2)

Rare Quiver with mana Leech
Maligaro's Gloves

BTW: The gloves I'm talking about are these:

Drillneck is insane, I'd go with that

"
avp_ wrote:
Hello,i recently got some currency and i'm not sure what i should upgrade next. I can either buy a Drillneck, a 6l chest or a 300~dps bow. Can someone give me some advice?This is my current gear,i was able to finish normal atziri with.
I have 4085life, 38% evade, capped resists, 31k puncture 21k SA dps with Hatred + the 2 Herald auras.

go for the drillneck first

"
Grocery wrote:

not familiar with his build, but if he's playing his build in 1.2 his will probably have the 1.2 optimizations
what's wrong with the passive skill tree? i'm unable to see it. I saw that there are still 117 points left.
You need to use the 1.2 tree I edited in at the top. I haven't updated the 1.1 post to 1.2 yet
"
Precaso wrote:
You need to use the 1.2 tree I edited in at the top. I haven't updated the 1.1 post to 1.2 yet

we're waiting for that!
ToxicDreams..........
Guys, can you give me some hints to improve my dps? I'm at lvl 83 and my dps is only 10k with SA, it's sucks..

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

My passive is like the guide.
I already tried others gem setup but the dps is always around 10k

Thanks in advance..
What about the Entropy cluster? That would be 45% increased damage over time. Since that increased damage isn't calculated until after the puncture hit it would actually act like a more for the degen damage.

I know it's 4 points perhaps I'd suggest removing the 3 8% proj damage nodes at the beginning and the accuracy node (would have to take either a dex node above aspect of eagle or the block and stun recovery to connect the tree. Then remove 1 node of your choice. It provides +10int so maybe one of the +30 won't be needed.

It would lower your tooltip sure but the puncture for 5 seconds would be increased by 45%.

A related question. Does physical damage and projectile damage factor in the same way? Meaning does 8% physical damage = 8% projectile damage? I'm unsure of the calculations but am assuming they are both additive increased modifiers.

Also, do you recommend a leather belt over the rustic sash (because of life on gear being hard to fine I'd assume). At around what life total does atziri (and uber) become certainly viable?
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Sep 3, 2014, 2:38:34 PM
Playing this char since the beginning of the new league and I absolutely love it.
This is my gear so far (lvl 73):
Spoiler

Way too little life because of carnage heart ... but the leeeech :3
IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info