Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

"
My problem is with frenzy, LA/GMP has enough damage cut down to be a non-issue. But the problem is almost identical puncture, you can oneshot yourself on that too.
To be safe, I would probably need sensibly more evasion, to be more lucky on 1st hit, because I have a fairly high accuracy of about 2k. 500 hp wouldn't be bad either, but this will be hard to get at an affordable price (would have to compromise on mana & mana regen probably :().

You use LA so it's very different. Split Arrow has a 80% damage modifier - so in essence 2 of the arrows reflecting on you would be pretty close to the damage of 1.6 Frenzy hits on you. Considering it sounds like you have issues surviving one Frenzy hit - you can see how this could be a problem.

Between LA's lightning conversion and continual per hit drop via the base modifier plus LMP or GMP, it's a lot safer vs Physical Reflect than Split arrow is.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jun 23, 2014, 5:52:01 PM
Sure ^^

edit: I think I've understood why p refelct is so much of a hassle for me. I shouldn't take more than 3500 damage with prefl, not enough to insta-kill me, but I have piercing shots which grants me 35% pierce chance. The arrow may very well pierce and hit another mob, and since my evasion is a bit low at 11k with grace, I end up on the wrong side of entropy system and get hit a second time (45% chance to evade with OG). And my leech can't do anything about that since it's not instant.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jun 24, 2014, 7:27:29 AM
"
Sure ^^

edit: I think I've understood why p refelct is so much of a hassle for me. I shouldn't take more than 3500 damage with prefl, not enough to insta-kill me, but I have piercing shots which grants me 35% pierce chance. The arrow may very well pierce and hit another mob, and since my evasion is a bit low at 11k with grace, I end up on the wrong side of entropy system and get hit a second time (45% chance to evade with OG). And my leech can't do anything about that since it's not instant.

You could also try changing physical projectile attack damage for added fire. Similar overall damage, and a lot less of it is phys.
That's probably what I'll do once I finish my bow. It's currently under imprint so I can't really change its color. In the mean time, I get about the same max p-reflect amount, 2400 instead of 3500, by just using PCoC instead of ICD.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
I wanna up this character as a shadow in next softcore 4 months league.
if there is some new changes on skill tree please update this guide.
ty vm :)
Really nice build! Possible to do reflect at all without Atziri gloves?

Trivialises phys ref maps, dont need gloves.

Loses a bit of dps usually but not actually too much, and throwing in WED can actually result in damage comparable to drillneck (especially on 6L)

ele reflect shouldnt be too much of a problem even with hatred/added fire unless you have ridiculous dps... I sometimes swap in LGOH if there's other bad mods but often I run ele reflect with my standard setup.

(all this assumes good evasion and ondars ofc)
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
Last edited by Bed on Jun 25, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
The problem is that you lose lots of mana leech with this quiver. I've used it for a time on phys reflect maps, it's really hurts gameplay.
That's true, I play with low mana reqs and quite a fair amount of base phys so I've never noticed it like some builds would... Depends on setup i guess
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
Sorry for a stupid question but i havn't played for like 1½ year!

Do you get power charges from critical strikes? Poe wiki tooltip says you can only get em from like powersiphon but that sounds kinda strange?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info