Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

I would say pDps is the most important stat, but crit chance is highly valuable and worth sacrificing a little pDps for. For example, I'd take 300pDps and 9.4% crit chance over 350 pdps and 7.5% crit chance. You will crit a much higher percentage of the time, making your clear speed smoother and more consistent.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
LOL :)
thanks, glad to help!
An interesting guide.. Kudos for the work..

My current quiver is

Will that work for this build? Or would a Drillneck be superior?

Also, I'm planning on using
after I craft a crit chance mod on it. Would that be viable, or would a Harbinger base still be superior, even with lower pDPS?
It's hard to tell if legacy crit quivers or drillneck is better, I haven't had one to test it out. I would assume drillneck is better, but I'm not 100% on that.

Your bow has about 300 pDps, which is good. The problem is, even with a perfect crit chance mod, you will only get 6.9% base crit chance, which isn't too bad... It should work fine, but ideally you'd want an even higher crit chance from a harbinger to really skyrocket your damage and smooth out the gameplay.
Harbingers are the way to go, I have a 330pDPS bow with 5% crit and a 250pDPS Harbinger with 7.6% crit, and I gotta say, those 2.6% crit chance boosts my critical chance for over 20%. Even though I lose almost 100pDPS my clear speed is a lot better and maps are a joke to me. I just need to get used to atziri right now.
"
Precaso wrote:
It's hard to tell if legacy crit quivers or drillneck is better, I haven't had one to test it out. I would assume drillneck is better, but I'm not 100% on that.

Your bow has about 300 pDps, which is good. The problem is, even with a perfect crit chance mod, you will only get 6.9% base crit chance, which isn't too bad... It should work fine, but ideally you'd want an even higher crit chance from a harbinger to really skyrocket your damage and smooth out the gameplay.

I have a legacy crit quiver with 58% crit multi along with crit chance, +phys, and + elemental damage with weapons. It's basically dead even in a SA Pierce setup, except it comes with more HP and a T1 cold resist roll. And the legacy crit multi gotes up to 70. So a small percentage of the best will outproduce it, but they are few and far between.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
very strong and all around build, question here, what seem to be the problem for Uber Atziri Vaal fight?
is it really hard to kill it on solo?

Also, will this build encounter a bit problem with no mana regen or half regen?

I am seriously considering to choose this build rather than SRS or poison trapper for 1.2.0 : ))
Last edited by minimalistjason on Aug 13, 2014, 12:02:37 AM
I've never done Uber Vaal but I imagine the problem would be the adds as well as the spells being harder to dodge then Atziri's. Don't take my word for it though.
How do you guys deal with reflect? I changed PPAD for a Added Fire Damage and I still take a lot of damage, I can easily one shot myself with Split Arrow.
Last edited by Maxsheld on Aug 13, 2014, 12:17:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info