Summoner Ideas after Snapshot/ Pure Summoner

Hey all, i played yesterday my first time without snapshoot and a i can do perfectly lvl78 maps!.
My gear configuration:
Spoiler
I would propose the following change for summoners quality of life OP.

Every 5th hit a zombie deals he uses enduring cry.

This could give an endurance charge or it could not, the point would be that they would attract the room to them serving as life beacons.

Not sure if this help's your case, peace,

-Boem-

Edit: added a montreguls summoner build to the gameplay discussion forum boards, maybe you enjoy the concept, peace.

Every unique has it's purpose imo. Mixing all of them together, not sure if that is intended.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jun 24, 2014, 12:10:00 PM
"
arielitojoya wrote:
Hey all, i played yesterday my first time without snapshoot and a i can do perfectly lvl78 maps!.
My gear configuration:
Spoiler

+1 to another showcase that 0 summoning uniques is one of the best ways to be a summoner and proving my point yet again.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
I have a pure summoner @ level 76, I don't snapshot either as I feel its not the way the game was designed to be. I use Shav's 6l, Queens decree 5l, Skullhead and Bones of Ullr. Besides using Arc to give those "STUPID" Zombies direction, I don't interact and let the minions do their thing, and oh boy YES I have run into a brick wall at maps 72. I can do them (That is level 72 maps not higher) but if something breaks through the horde I'm a gonna. I so wish the Zombies IA would be looked at, as the Spectre's and Skeletons don't seem to suffer from the daftness the Zombies do (although I have seen the Spectre's doing NADA until I use convocation to call them), and convocation's cooldown is far too long, as I've noticed time and again when I use it the horde doesn't come to me and I RIP because I can't use it again in time.

I must say I have enjoyed reading these post (between showers);-) and look forward to GGG implementing something for Summoners that have never used snapshotting in the first place. As the build is far to weak/slow and squishy. There is just no way we could do upper level maps, never mind applying hard mods to those maps.

Some people have been saying that their desire for changes along side snapshot removal are justified because they have been designing the game with snapshotting existing in mind. I don't know if that's true if any of them can link to the exact GGG quote saying that but it seems reasonably true which allows us to ask for these changes to AI and stuff and I haven't even gotten to use convocation yet and I know the cooldown is crap.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
But how about my zombie proposal <.o?

Could be an insane quality of life change for summoners.
"
Boem wrote:
But how about my zombie proposal <.o?

Could be an insane quality of life change for summoners.

My math is terrible but if it was correct makes the MI idea really underpowered in end game. Would take hours to kill Atziri since you wouldn't kill the adds fast enough most likely.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Boem wrote:
I would propose the following change for summoners quality of life OP.

Every 5th hit a zombie deals he uses enduring cry.

This could give an endurance charge or it could not, the point would be that they would attract the room to them serving as life beacons.

Not sure if this help's your case, peace,

^Was talking about this zombie's change :')).^

Yeah the theory-craft is just another approach to utilize montreguls when snapshotting is gone, it is not relevant to this thread imo.

Peace,

-Boem-
Ah that one I like. I was thinking that it would make more sense though that GGG makes the charges be minion specific in some way. Kind of like Vis Mortis's unholy might, they could gain Unholy Charges that provide defensive and mild offensive boosts.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I do just find with summoner without snapshotting, I've never used snapshot mostly because I've never had the proper gear for it and never bothered to look into even how to do it.

But summoner is still easy with shit gear without snapshotting.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
AntonChigur wrote:
I do just find with summoner without snapshotting, I've never used snapshot mostly because I've never had the proper gear for it and never bothered to look into even how to do it.

But summoner is still easy with shit gear without snapshotting.

So you have never been ganked by the random mob that avoided all of your minions and went straight to you? Were you running 4+ defensive aruas like I currently am with this aurmancer hybrid? My point of this thread is if you try vis mortis with any other combination of at least one other summoner item besides the amulet your defense goes to the garbage fast. I am doing fine with my own not snapshotting on 69 and lower maps but thats obviously because my auramancer is 84. I don't have a vis mortis. Want one but the higher links are expensive when you are casually playing. But even if I had one and the bone's of ullr on or one midnight bargain, the first mob that gets around the minions would roflstomp me into the ground since a random mob here and there is already getting me down to 200-300 life as a defensive auramancer.

Again - A pure summoner would get the shit beat out of them in no time flat.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info