Summoner Ideas after Snapshot/ Pure Summoner

"
Moreover, you skipped the part "make a build without Shavronne's for summoner and do all end game maps til lvl78 ones w/o snapshot entirely".

Haven't gone to level 78 maps myself yet, as I never got those. I'm doing fine at level 79 and don't foresee any issues. Highest level map was 73, no issues on that one. This may be my planned tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB6UC40mya9ssnH0Yc1OOvsBUES15A3yDCPQxiM36uJPr7qcIKPra3RVQj0bZC4LHHRTQ0CqY-ejT-_rSTDWboc9l-oBBhxNscH0XLzbpKMX311XGtz4GSYBWZOckquNq877MvBZv_gpqrE99VdYZhRCXiPFRYICkGmxEBDWSGjKmrPPdTbm18ohAqsRuqqlukDNKyHgNvooLYQHceWikGeLqwQQb-mEhXz8l34Tv8wbjn_ZIhNleE3TtoLQnL4zPZU3Dhnrv-6rvDj38R37nkWBLvJ9YY6yvBS2krMbY8i8=
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
Moreover, you skipped the part "make a build without Shavronne's for summoner and do all end game maps til lvl78 ones w/o snapshot entirely".

Haven't gone to level 78 maps myself yet, as I never got those. I'm doing fine at level 79 and don't foresee any issues. Highest level map was 73, no issues on that one. This may be my planned tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB6UC40mya9ssnH0Yc1OOvsBUES15A3yDCPQxiM36uJPr7qcIKPra3RVQj0bZC4LHHRTQ0CqY-ejT-_rSTDWboc9l-oBBhxNscH0XLzbpKMX311XGtz4GSYBWZOckquNq877MvBZv_gpqrE99VdYZhRCXiPFRYICkGmxEBDWSGjKmrPPdTbm18ohAqsRuqqlukDNKyHgNvooLYQHceWikGeLqwQQb-mEhXz8l34Tv8wbjn_ZIhNleE3TtoLQnL4zPZU3Dhnrv-6rvDj38R37nkWBLvJ9YY6yvBS2krMbY8i8=

There are some maps are easy as eating dinner.
Moreover, you still far ahead to say anything before reaching til lvl78 maps.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
"
Starxsword wrote:
"

I hit my brick wall for the second time as a summoner in the 80s. The first time was in my 70s because I was just inexperienced but right now I am 84 and keep dying to all these stupid ai moments where the enemies all think "Hey, look at that asshole hiding in the room behind these 15+ minions. Lets get 'em" and the minions all derping around. Convocation doesn't help against chaos dots, leapers and just about anything that decides to bypass minions. Yes make your argument that dual midnights or even one is very risky but then I feel like all I'm using is sidhebreathe and ullr at the most. It's kind of pointless for me to drop

for my vis mortis if its the only real unique I use. Terrible defensive stats for vis. And unholy might is amazing so I have a hard time believing anybody who says vis mortis isn't meant for end game summoners stacking spectres.

I have also recently decided that I can see a combo of 3 minions gems being the best balance to allow for defensive gems as well. For a necromancer summoner that seems typical for most witches and scions this is zombies, spectres and skeletons. My pure summoning idea would require you have those 7 missing minion nodes. From what I see, you stacked a ton of life and armour knowing that minions suck at saving us and leave them in the dirt. That's what I don't want to do and have the actual minions be viable the way the nodes intent them to be. If I choose to have all the minion nodes then why isn't my main offense and defensive method actually doing it as efficiently as a buzzsaw or DD build?
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
"
Starxsword wrote:
"

I hit my brick wall for the second time as a summoner in the 80s. The first time was in my 70s because I was just inexperienced but right now I am 84 and keep dying to all these stupid ai moments where the enemies all think "Hey, look at that asshole hiding in the room behind these 15+ minions. Lets get 'em" and the minions all derping around. Convocation doesn't help against chaos dots, leapers and just about anything that decides to bypass minions. Yes make your argument that dual midnights or even one is very risky but then I feel like all I'm using is sidhebreathe and ullr at the most. It's kind of pointless for me to drop

for my vis mortis if its the only real unique I use. Terrible defensive stats for vis. And unholy might is amazing so I have a hard time believing anybody who says vis mortis isn't meant for end game summoners stacking spectres.

Vis Mortis really isn't meant for high level maps. The 20% Reduced Minion Life is a huge blowback to the survivability of minions. Unless your char is running high mana regen, the death rate of your Minions which in this case, Zombie is higher that the rate you can resummon them effectively, will cause a big problem in boss fight. Unless Minions are paired with Minion Life gem, but then the Minion lose one gem for DPS.

Lets say, a summoner's minions have very low hp but they have high Life regen from Skullhead and Vitality Aura, that wouldn't stop them from being killed by huge damage dealt from certain mobs and boss. As I have tested it, high regen for Minions are not that effective against high damage dealing mobs and boss such as Palace and Courtyard.

Max Life of minions are the important aspect of minions in high end maps. If say, you are using Vis Mortis, the minion would definitely suffer to sustain their survivability and you might unable to resummon as fast as they die, as simple as that. That is why certain people says Vis is not suitable for high end maps because of that.

Besides, if you have high mana regen to spam the resummon of Zombies, whatever problem above can be ignored. Though, Vis Mortis features are not fully utilized by that means since it have Unholy Might and +1 Spectres properties. If your Spectres died, you can't simply resummong the specific Spectres since resummoning at high rate only useful for Zombies not Spectres.
Vis Mortis is meant for the summoner that utilize Spectres as their main DPS. If you don't harvest the usage of +1 Spectres, there are many other armors that are better to be in Armor slot. As you have mentioned, Vis Mortis really lacking a huge defensive stats. Somemore, by any chance if your Spectres died in high end map, there won't be any Spectres type that you are having have their corpse around for you to reanimate. That is a huge issue to consider with when going high end map and wearing Vis Mortis.

Although, Unholy Might is very strong buff for Minions upon kill, not exclusively for Spectres but Zombies too. However, it is meant for pve and not for boss fight at all. Unless of course, bosses that summon minions at interval such as Vaal Oversoul that you able to utilize that with Vis Mortis. In the end, it just for that scenario that you are able to use the Unholy Might buff. This unique definitely not meant for high end map. It use is limited to mobs fight and clear speed, and totally unsuitable for bosses.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
Last edited by bunnyxian901 on Jul 17, 2014, 10:41:27 AM
"
My pure summoning idea would require you have those 7 missing minion nodes. From what I see, you stacked a ton of life and armour knowing that minions suck at saving us and leave them in the dirt.

The missing nodes are on the east side and don't add much to minions. In my opinion, adding an extra 22% chaos resist and 17% or so life to minions isn't worth taking that cluster.
And yes, with the type of enemies you can sometimes see, there is no way minions can save you, snapshot or otherwise.
But they do mitigate a lot of damage compared to having no minions.

As for summoner uniques, the boots are pretty good.

There's another planned one that I will go east, taking auras + life and giving up shield block. It should theoretically work, because you get over 200% life, which should be okay for summoner class.
You can try this tree, 104 points, 216% life, for example:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB6UC40mya9ssnH0Yc1OOvsBUES15A3yDCPQxiM36uJPr7qcIKPp6qtrdFVCPRtkLV8mCx5rgHRTQ0CqYPI756NP7RZ360puhz2X6gOq6E2wXLzbp99dVxrQMBklk5ySq42rMvBZvkydGcWqsVdYZhRCXHNzcV4MJgKQabEQEf8YtRx6Ub56mrE25J6l-WRGWUEKsP8pKiECqxFptDkhwu4w2wzqQMyQ8narZE1VLm7VWLadcYqwvbyaVbXsZiqx_SVHWnfsJ9toajw==
omg
IGN TylordRampage
@bunnyxian90

I understand your point with vis mortis. However, I can't take it completely seriously. I mean Facebreakers are only lvl 16 but they are completely late game viable as well as other low end uniques (mainly for mfing) but still. I'm going to assume that all uniques could be end game viable. I guess this is where we differ. I see vis mortis going alongside at least midnights. Other summoner items are negotiable. My experience in 70 maps with vis mortis and dual midnights is okay but I can see higher level maps being havoc. I even just tried to build a es based summoner on builder and I could only reach 4 k es with max chaos resist and almost maxed elemental. I'm wondering if this would be okay in the current game state and hopefully even better with whatever changes they make for 1.2. I'll be trying it anyway. Too bad I don't have the exact or better rolled items I generated on the site as a setup.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"

Yes, too much farming for me to get 78 maps to drop. If it doesn't drop, I can't play it. I know I can do level 74 maps (highest I have on standard), because my level 82 witch, which I deleted, was able to do it with an inferior minion build.

"
I mean Facebreakers are only lvl 16 but they are completely late game viable as well as other low end uniques (mainly for mfing) but still. I'm going to assume that all uniques could be end game viable.

I don't think you would assume Prismatic Eclipse, Mightflay, Shiversting, Rigvald's Charge, Sprig Leaf and many others to be end game viable.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"

Yes, too much farming for me to get 78 maps to drop. If it doesn't drop, I can't play it. I know I can do level 74 maps (highest I have on standard), because my level 82 witch, which I deleted, was able to do it with an inferior minion build.

"
I mean Facebreakers are only lvl 16 but they are completely late game viable as well as other low end uniques (mainly for mfing) but still. I'm going to assume that all uniques could be end game viable.

I don't think you would assume Prismatic Eclipse, Mightflay, Shiversting, Rigvald's Charge, Sprig Leaf and many others to be end game viable.

I think there are still a few builds that use prismatic eclipse. My point is that there are uniques that are very low level that people still use at endgame. Not sure if this was GGG's intention but the community has done it. Yes maybe those other items do not have end game builds around them now. Some of them may not be viable at all but it could still happen. I see crazy people all the time on the forum or reddit asking people about hated skills and items to try to make an endgame viable build for shits and giggles.

On the other hand, most of the items you listed are indeed pathetic. But my opinion on vis mortis is that it is only as bad as each person thinks it is. I said bunnyxian had good points but my experience with it was that I only lost a zombie or spectre every few maps. Course I am sticking with my purest form of summoner I can so they have all the minion life nodes they can get. I also got pretty good at timing life flasks for my minions while getting better at staying away from things that killed me with dual midnights (chaos and leapers mostly).
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
On the other hand, most of the items you listed are indeed pathetic.

I use them early game. I use Life Sprig up until Merciless at least, so its a useful item.

"
My point is that there are uniques that are very low level that people still use at endgame. Not sure if this was GGG's intention but the community has done it.

Yeah, I agree. The Boots of Ullir or whatever can be used end game. Some summoner uniques can be used end game if you feel the drop in defenses isn't that bad.
For example, I may want to try this out some time in the future. Get myself a Queen's Decree or buy it from someone as it seems like its cheap enough.
Then, go nuts with Vaal Summon Skeletons, as in actually linking that to a 4 or 6 link. You can probably keep those skeletons up for like 90 seconds or something with the Queen's Decree bonus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info