Summoner Ideas after Snapshot/ Pure Summoner

"
Starxsword wrote:
"
On the other hand, most of the items you listed are indeed pathetic.

I use them early game. I use Life Sprig up until Merciless at least, so its a useful item.

"
My point is that there are uniques that are very low level that people still use at endgame. Not sure if this was GGG's intention but the community has done it.

Yeah, I agree. The Boots of Ullir or whatever can be used end game. Some summoner uniques can be used end game if you feel the drop in defenses isn't that bad.
For example, I may want to try this out some time in the future. Get myself a Queen's Decree or buy it from someone as it seems like its cheap enough.
Then, go nuts with Vaal Summon Skeletons, as in actually linking that to a 4 or 6 link. You can probably keep those skeletons up for like 90 seconds or something with the Queen's Decree bonus.

I should have clarified that first part you quoted better. I meant pathetic in end game. Shiversting and charge don't have much going for them after a certain leveling point. Sprigleaf I can see being one of those randomly made end game builds based around it that actually work in the end.

Queen's was the first summoner item I ever got. I think that was before midnights were out I'm not sure I was new and mostly self found. Got it 6s and was fun for a new summoner. Vaal skeletons does seem like a chaotic idea. I think that the queen's should also have gotten a better skeleton counter. It would be fun to have a pure skeleton build with those boots and be running around summoning 40 or so skeletons actually linked.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Don t know if it count as a pure summoner since i run only zombies and raging skull with minion instability (no spectre), but it works very well.

Can farm lv78 map and boss, fast and safe, also Atziri and the 3 littles boss before are not a problem.

I don t have any shavronne, neither use snaphsot, but i m kind of tanky.
"
Tistuto wrote:
Don t know if it count as a pure summoner since i run only zombies and raging skull with minion instability (no spectre), but it works very well.

Can farm lv78 map and boss, fast and safe, also Atziri and the 3 littles boss before are not a problem.

I don t have any shavronne, neither use snaphsot, but i m kind of tanky.

Sounds Very Impressive, would love to see your gear...And if you don't cast any spells but use minions of any sort then you're a summoner.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
I've seen SRS popping up in other places as well. Seems like raging spirits with zombie meat shields is a good combo. I would personally prefer zombies and spectres with srs as the 3rd summoning source like I am attempting at the moment. Potentially, this may be that GGG would intend summoners to be 2 summons only to maximize efficiency and only a 3rd as a skelly totem or vaal skelly setup.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Here is the stuff i use :

Spoiler

Actually craftting the chest, need 2 Res and more es on it.

Zombies are mostly here to clear map faster, they usually die on some rough boss above lv 76 map, most of the time if they die too fast i don t bother resummon them on boss fight even if i don t snapshot since most of the dps come from raging skull and MI (RS have roughly same HP as Zombi) and i m tanky enough to not need them as meatshield :

Don t cast any spell damage :
Enfeeble (on some boss for more safety) or convocation / Flesh offering / Lightning warp

Also no Multistrike on zomb since they have enough dps and i mostly use them on map because they often launch 2 hit in the void after the mob's death.

Cast Immortal call manually when it comes to chain stun boss

9kES (CI) / 82 Res / 500+ Es regen / 10k+ Armour / Lv 20 Artic Armour

Artic armour lv20 is must have since it negates minor phys/fire damage which makes your regen ES even more effective

Quartz Flask is a must have even if u can lightning warp

The weapon give me 1k+ ES which i think is a lot better than montregul (used this one since decades and finally found the bonus is not as good as 1k ES without the -50% zomb drawback)

Also used a +2 Cold + 1 Gem As weapon to run artic armour lv 26 for a longtime but finally think it s not worth the extra slot for empower.
If u have any other idea for summoner weapon i d be glad to hear any suggestion.
Last edited by Tistuto on Jul 23, 2014, 2:17:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info