Summoner Ideas after Snapshot/ Pure Summoner

"
Malone wrote:
I just have to replace Mine by Melee physical , sure it will cost me some chromatics but thats all.
In fact its even better than remote mine that has a painfull gameplay.

Still doesn't justify just another Shav-lowlife-100000 Auras build FTW and your build basically requires more than 100ex to work.

Its not a matter of changing something as simple as this gem to that gem.
OP is hoping that there is a difference, a hope that certain aspect of the game can be more unique to Summoners. In mean time, there is nothing much able to fit in into the Summoner slots. Somemore, whats the concerning issue is the Rares in this game have no unique properties for summoner.

If this goes on, after the snapshot gone, pretty much Summoners unable to prevail.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
lol so you would destroy one huge advantage of summoners ( doesnt require specific gear or specific mods on gear ) just for singularity ?

Yes my build is using Shav, that doesnt mean that you can't succeed different way... it's just more powerfull with Shav, like any other build in the game, it's always more powerfull beeing low life , at the cost of survability and at the cost of a very expensiv build..

If GGG introduces some powerfull uniques for Summoner, they would be immediatly BiS, like Bargain in low life. Would the game be better with more BiS uniques ? you are just kidding.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
lol so you would destroy one huge advantage of summoners ( doesnt require specific gear or specific mods on gear ) just for singularity ?

Yes my build is using Shav, that doesnt mean that you can't succeed different way... it's just more powerfull with Shav, like any other build in the game, it's always more powerfull beeing low life , at the cost of survability and at the cost of a very expensiv build..

If GGG introduces some powerfull uniques for Summoner, they would be immediatly BiS, like Bargain in low life. Would the game be better with more BiS uniques ? you are just kidding.

you aren't just more powerful as shav You are WAY more powerful. Like not even on the same planet powerful.

that would be like putting in a melee weapon that turns all melee skills into a projectile attack.

what the fuck is the point of going melee if you are just getting an item that eliminates the characteristic flaw of melee? exactly

it really is no shock that the most popular skill is spectral throw (melee weapon as a projectile .. derp no shit it is going to be good)

"
Malone wrote:

Just try don't use Shav Wrapping and see how you cope with Chaos damage. Maybe you are about to stack a lot of Chaos resistance to 0% or more, but that means you already sacrificed few slots for items with Chaos Resistance.

Perhaps you don't give a damn to Chaos damage resistance that much, you just took few Nodes in passive tree where you still got negative chaos resistance. In the end, you will just ended up using Cloak of Defiance for more survivability since tanking chaos damage is too much.

Oh but wait, that just mean your build need high mana regen and mana pool now, whole build got to revolve around mana nodes for regen and maxing it.
Finally you realize its still not enough, at this point you need to run AA for more defensive capability where more mana regen is needed from items. Well, so how you're gonna use other slots for Uniques specifically for summons?

In the end, you just cheated every reasoning here by using Shavronne with high ES and able to take lots of Aura nodes that able to complement your minions by miles ahead. Instead of being in the same boat with the concerned players here, you are trying to convince everyone that Summoners are okay and no changes needed.

Strip away your Shavronne and make a build without it and see how you cope with each high level map til lvl78 ones and of course with 0% snapshot.

"
Malone wrote:

That is why posts in this thread already starting to highlight rares with non-existence of specific minions affixes. Did you even read posts in this thread?
Your gears are way above the scenario and problem being discussed here, do you know that?

Last edited by bunnyxian901 on Jul 16, 2014, 11:53:20 AM
"
Malone wrote:

I quote myself.
Funny that you are complaining about summoner balance and in the same time you require to have minion affixes on rare... You maybe forget that if this is the case, GGG will balance gems with keeping in mind that perfect minion gear will be crafted one day or another, so you will make your life way harder.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 16, 2014, 12:27:21 PM
"
Malone wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

I quote myself.
Funny that you are complaining about summoner balance and in the same time you require to have minion affixes on rare... You maybe forget that if this is the case, GGG will balance gems with keeping in mind that perfect minion gear will be crafted one day or another, so you will make your life way harder.

All this time you lol, saying people are funny and also saying people are kidding, I don't think you really fit to discuss anything seriously here.
Moreover, you skipped the part "make a build without Shavronne's for summoner and do all end game maps til lvl78 ones w/o snapshot entirely". Will you able to make it? Or you are just here to brag about Summoners are just fine
You just too proud of your build that you overseen others dilemma without the kind of setup you are using.
Besides that, this game has not much profound on Summoners since other type of builds can revolve so much around items without them being Unique type.
Not everyone able to lowlife build with 7 Auras like you did and the issue is not in that either and I'm sorry if I made you misunderstood. Its about the lacking of Summoner choices to be optimal after snapshot gone.

I don't think having specific minions affixes on rare is not a good suggestion besides the possibility of gems being buffed. Besides, getting rare with minion affixes are way easier than getting certain uniques through trading, and who said it need to be perfect rare for anyone who love playing summoner to use as a choice of variety and optimization? WTF?

Last edited by bunnyxian901 on Jul 16, 2014, 1:17:26 PM
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAc1MHY1cra9vsin0YwFR5Awj0RX4OXBB0bRnbC4IewfMnqX_GoqNabadcJDxJUS9v2RNwuxGWrD8elNxXkycc3LQMHarhiEZx_kmsf1YtwzrKSm-egwkaj_ba-wkZipu1KPpXyTyO6rpFnZrgeqrr7riT-oAqmNkLpwiQM4hApqwabJ2u890Wb1XGz2XQ0I9GTbmqxIVgzLz315uhEJdEBGqsWpGofdP7gsf56BNsBkkZheNqNukkqoCkJLCG0Rcv-tJV1mTn8h7JPb-XMYjWnWKsnaoOSA==

done in 20 sec...

pretty sure this kind of EB build can perform very well as life summoner with good clear speed and survability.

Yes you lose 2 auras ( 1 beeing Discipline which is useless in life build ) + midnight bargain, but that is is not destroying the power of the build, running with 8 zombies and 3 spectre is perfectly viable. ( in fact I run with 3 spectre only because I use wondertrap beein low life )
Beeing EB you can even skip clarity ( or choose a lower level one ) and you end with almost same aura setup than any Shav build...

Basically you need purity of fire/lightning/hatred/haste + small level clarity and you are good.

So please stop about "Shavronne Wrapping blabla" , this is powerfull yes, but you cannot say that this is the only way to have something really viable endgame.

About the gear, I maintain that have summoner mods on rare gear will make our life harder and we lose one of the big advantage of summoner compared to all other builds

About end game uniques, why not, but they can be usefull as Shav, and expensiv/rare as Shav too.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 16, 2014, 1:47:02 PM
These posts are kind of ignoring that one of the main factors I was discussing is that vis mortis is pretty much a must to use if you want to be a pure summoner like me. I even finally got my hands on a 6s 5l one. Survivability as a high life with midnight bargains is pathetic. Scared to go full es even with max chaos resist because I'll be surrendering elemental resist which is also needed for the attacks that go past minions.

And Malone, a build design and actually trying it are entirely different things. Every post you've made is making me agree that you are too high and mighty with your riches to afford shavronnes and think that whatever you design will automatically work. If you even freakin read my original post you would see that one of the complaints we started discussing was the whole 4+ auras needed to survive. The focus should be minions not auramancer. Yes you can be an auramancer if you want but I and others want an option to use maybe 1 or 2 auras max. Now build and actually play around that. I've tried. Build sucks garbage.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jul 16, 2014, 4:53:50 PM
"
Malone wrote:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAc1MHY1cra9vsin0YwFR5Awj0RX4OXBB0bRnbC4IewfMnqX_GoqNabadcJDxJUS9v2RNwuxGWrD8elNxXkycc3LQMHarhiEZx_kmsf1YtwzrKSm-egwkaj_ba-wkZipu1KPpXyTyO6rpFnZrgeqrr7riT-oAqmNkLpwiQM4hApqwabJ2u890Wb1XGz2XQ0I9GTbmqxIVgzLz315uhEJdEBGqsWpGofdP7gsf56BNsBkkZheNqNukkqoCkJLCG0Rcv-tJV1mTn8h7JPb-XMYjWnWKsnaoOSA==

done in 20 sec...

So, its just theorycraft? I loled.

Last edited by bunnyxian901 on Jul 16, 2014, 8:24:30 PM
"
"
Malone wrote:

done in 20 sec...

So, its just theorycraft? I loled.

If Malone has anything else to "justify" their claims without actually justifying them I'm just going to assume that everybody will ignore and move along. Gonna have some free time soon that I can revamp the original post and hopefully these people will read it before posting.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info