Summoner Ideas after Snapshot/ Pure Summoner

I've never played a summoner, but I am fairly certain that the problem with summoners is that there are no summoner-specific affixes for rare items. To have an entire build-group entirely dependent on just Uniques is quite limiting IMO. If they ever fix this, I may finally consider running one.
Last edited by Shmez on Jul 11, 2014, 2:13:30 PM
Why do you think that there is a problem with summoner ? Even without snapshit, its one of the most powerfull build in the game, mine is 91 and is facerolling everything
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
Why do you think that there is a problem with summoner ? Even without snapshit, its one of the most powerfull build in the game, mine is 91 and is facerolling everything

I doubt it.
Please post your skill tree and gear, if you'd like.
My skill tree is fully std
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEEswZJB2MMfQ5cEHQQfxCXEVARlhNsFVAXLxmKGmwajxzcHRQdqiSLJLAo-ilPKpgvbzrYO-E8jkNjRARFfkZxTblN2FXWVi1XK1fJWPVakVyKZOdmnmqsa9ttGW-ecLtxTXNTfLt9GH_GgKSBb4LHgwmFYIbRiECLeox2j0aQM5Mnms-boZu1na6dxJ48oqOmrKcIpyuofarErH-0DLcxuJO_l8HzwzrGnsk9ykrMvNDQ0_vZC9kT4Yji9-Qi5oHquuvu7DjsivIe89322vfB99f56PqA-tL7Cf5J

Cannot copy my gear since part of it is used on my RF char ( and i am typing this msg on my iphone ) but I use midnight, shav, the auras shield, wondertrap and some mf jewellerry...
My zombs are linked with empower, melee splash, multistrike, remote mine, minion life
my spectre ( evangelist most of the time ) linked with faster casting, added fire, increase area

Without snaphot, i run 7 auras, clarity, hatred, haste, discipline and the 3 purity
Thats the first build I do where I can alch all my maps and do all map mods except blood magic
Very few bosses are problematic, my zombs may die on them but since i dont snapshit them , i can resummon them instantly ( thx desecrate ! )
but with more than 8k hp and overcapped resist, its not really common
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 11, 2014, 3:10:56 PM
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
loinator wrote:
I did some lvl 70-71-72 maps just now, with the lvl 82 Summoner of mine.

There is no secret here, if anything bypass the minion orde, or if i lag some, instadeath.

Killin things never was the summons problem (unless it's xandro). But not getting one-shot is XD.

And also that AI....

Sometimes i kill Dom in like 1-2 sec. Sometimes my zombies come back to me for no reason. Sometimes skels don't attack at all. It's so ramdom that annoys. I can't really farm Dom cuz i never know how mine sentimental summons are today XD.

well, yeah, the minion AI sucks. No mystery there. It was worse if you can believe that.

insta-death means you need defense !

are you running IR ? AA ?

do you have MoM ?

how much life ?

what are your resists ?

do you have lightning warp or leap slam to get you out of a tight situation ?

attach blind to a flame totem and blind things.

i run 70-71-72 maps, my summoner is only 83, and yes i can get killed on some maps by particularly nasty rares (i'm talking to you storm herald), but generally it's not a problem. in fact i do die in sceptre of god when i'm being careless because even with IR + AA, having 20 of those stupid frogs land on you at once is a real problem. but those are my mistakes, i tend to tank with my summoner, which is idiotic. lol.

post gear + tree if you want specific help.

You don't got the point mate XD.
I use all minion uniques, so no CI for me. With a Vis and aura i have ~1500 ES and 900 HP, all res at 75% (chaos at 40% yet). Armor around... 200-300 i guess.

The problem is: my equips cant make a uberbuild.

The other lvl 91 "summoner" that uses like 1 minion item and 2 minion skills shows the point of how fail a true summoner is. You guys cant really get the topic idea?

WE KNOW how to make our summoners less sumonner-like and better (more survival, damage and all), but if the answer to the summoner (full summoner) problem is: "chance your character and equips and all", the problem is bigger than we all think it is.

Dumb AI, meh uniques, low amount of choices on rares prefixes, low versatility on Spect, manly just 2 skill are usefull (zombies and ghosts). So.... See the problems? .-.
Last edited by loinator on Jul 15, 2014, 9:25:34 PM
Thank you Loinator. When I finally saw my thread being bumped to the top again and saw this dribble I was royally pissed off.

Gonna put a nice big message on the top now that kindly asks these people to keep their friggin mouths shut if they are going to ignore everything we are discussing.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
I use all minion uniques, so no CI for me. With a Vis and aura i have ~1500 ES and 900 HP, all res at 75% (chaos at 40% yet). Armor around... 200-300 i guess.

But why are you using all the minion equips. Most of them are clearly not meant for end game. You can give up a couple of slots and still survive well enough, but all of them?

Let's say for example, a facebreaker build. I hope you don't attempt to use only +physical damage items. You try to balance damage with defense. And when you do use +physical damage that are dangerous, like Abyssus, you do so knowingly that you are giving up defense for offense.

With summoners, it is no different. If you are going to use a unique that increases your offense, know that you are losing defense because of it.
The complaint you should make is to request for stronger summoner gear. As of now, the only important piece of gear that a summoner should have is a +2 minion helmet.
"
Malone wrote:
My skill tree is fully std
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEEswZJB2MMfQ5cEHQQfxCXEVARlhNsFVAXLxmKGmwajxzcHRQdqiSLJLAo-ilPKpgvbzrYO-E8jkNjRARFfkZxTblN2FXWVi1XK1fJWPVakVyKZOdmnmqsa9ttGW-ecLtxTXNTfLt9GH_GgKSBb4LHgwmFYIbRiECLeox2j0aQM5Mnms-boZu1na6dxJ48oqOmrKcIpyuofarErH-0DLcxuJO_l8HzwzrGnsk9ykrMvNDQ0_vZC9kT4Yji9-Qi5oHquuvu7DjsivIe89322vfB99f56PqA-tL7Cf5J

Cannot copy my gear since part of it is used on my RF char ( and i am typing this msg on my iphone ) but I use midnight, shav, the auras shield, wondertrap and some mf jewellerry...
My zombs are linked with empower, melee splash, multistrike, remote mine, minion life
my spectre ( evangelist most of the time ) linked with faster casting, added fire, increase area

Without snaphot, i run 7 auras, clarity, hatred, haste, discipline and the 3 purity
Thats the first build I do where I can alch all my maps and do all map mods except blood magic
Very few bosses are problematic, my zombs may die on them but since i dont snapshit them , i can resummon them instantly ( thx desecrate ! )
but with more than 8k hp and overcapped resist, its not really common

Without looking any further, its just another Shav-lowlife-100000 Auras build FTW and your build basically requires more than 100ex to work. Just saying.
In 1.2 patch, Mine and Trap won't work at minions anymore, and your build still haven't prepare for it. Let alone saying your build is still overpowered due to the abuse of Mine and Trap that shouldn't work on Minions.

Although so, I don't think Summoner is weak after the snapshot gone but its not competent with other popular builds which basically have optimal survivability and offence.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
I just have to replace Mine by Melee physical , sure it will cost me some chromatics but thats all.
In fact its even better than remote mine that has a painfull gameplay.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 16, 2014, 8:09:27 AM
They could make the minion damage support a more modifier and lower it to 30-40% and probably no one would mind. In fact unless you snapshotted auras it would probably be a buff.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info