Rumors about future Mjölner nerf -- Your opinion?

Yes.
Nerf Mjolner
Nerf Low Life ST

Or make block options to stop those ppl jump in parties with no coc/mjolnir/discharge/insta kill everything title.
I personally have no experience with Mjolner, but honestly, I'm sick of OP uniques. I consider a lot of the chase uniques OP still. If that is the bar at which the game is balanced, fine, but make them easier to obtain. If the item is SO good that it has to be mega rare, then it is overpowered basically by definition. And although the idea of "chase uniques" may seem great on paper, it isn't when they eclipse basically everything that isn't mega-rare.

I can accept that hyper end-game, mirrored, nearly perfect gear will exist and trivialize the majority of the game, but stop making uniques that do it. Make great uniques that people can actually find lol.

Uniques like Cloak of Defiance, Wings of Entropy, and the like are where the game should be focused. Great, solid items that actually drop and can be acquired without hundreds of hours of farming.

Team Won
Mjolnir ought to be the baseline for the power level on future end-game oriented uniques.

It is easily the most interesting item they have added to the game. It reminds me of procs on gear like in Median XL (diablo 2 mod) which are one of the many reasons why that mod is such a fun and unique experience.

I mean for christs sake, this is primarily a PvE game, items SHOULD be extremely strong. Where is the fun in just using a bunch of plain rares? The flavor of aRPGs (IMO atleast) is using interesting items to enable odd/weird/different/out-of-the-ordinary gameplay styles. This is further compounded by how those items interact with the beautiful skill tree we have.

So yes, let's nerf all of the interesting items in the game. Make sure that everything is boring and static.
IGN: Ghured
All that needs to be done is hard-code a small cool-down for when spells can be triggered.
No need for legacy.
I hope its not nerfed, seems like a unique I would like to have one day, and I think goal uniques are a good thing. Also making Thor's hammer weak = lame.
I think like some have mentioned, this is the CoC whining all over again, people see fireworks and call them missiles. If anything its problematic with game optimization and playing in parties.
I think one gets what he deserves for all you have to do to even be able to wield it.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 20, 2014, 12:58:14 PM
1)
Did dominus runs @ 150k dps+
Only one whining about his fps. Like i cared he couldnt hit dominus with his 3k dps.
The culler didnt mind a less than 5 sec kill.

2)
I run alot of 72+ maps free public. Title says ONLY minions, CoC and mjolnir.
Guess who whines? The 4 idiots that dont match the party title

3)
I do not want to join NO COC MINION parties.
1 thing matters. Clearspeed, not fps

4)
Play dox kiddo party with mjolnir, u get kicked.
Play 77 and 78 maps, u get praised for the speed.
FACT

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Mjolner does not deserves a nerf. Clear speed is good because it´s a highend unique, but the range is not retarded like on spectra throw, you are on melee range and facetanking everything, eating a lot of damage. I just think mjolner should be worth 200 exalted right now instead of 120 it is going for.

I will repeat once again. I have been building around a Mjolner for 3 months now, and I have tried all the possible variations of the rainbow nuke, and I even made my own version of the build with vaal pact / no RF. I used this version to farm regular Atziry, and it was far from facerolling / one shoting anything, having very good gear on every slot and almost all gems at level 21 or Q23. Keep in mind once again that you are NOT critting. It´s all based on Resolution Technique, so all you need to concentrate on is attack speed to make it worth. Linear damage, no status ailments, no damage bursts. Remember that Mjolner is a damn GAVEL and it is slow as hell.

You must be dreaming if you think Mjolner is OP. For it to really crush the whole game you need to invest 400 exalted on your equipment and go low life. Regular non low life builds are just NORMAL.

Nothing OP there. If you do the RF version and you don´t have top of the pops gear in every slot, you are going to be at around 6K energy shield, because you will be using rise of the phoenix or saffels as shield. You are losing 500 base ES there. You can´t even do properly Atziry, forget about Uber atiziry ( I did Uber myself with it, I think I have been the first to kill Uber with a Mjolner )

So please stop crying for nerfs of something it doesn´t need it. I just think the Mjolner is actually undervalued on the market, but get ready to spend 300 extra exalted if you want to do the endgame confortably.

RESUMING : It would be OP as hell if you could go low life with high attack speed AND you were critting. Imagine all those fast procs while you are critting. You would be shock stacking everything and bursting damage retardedly. That would be OP.

Stop this thread now again please.

Last edited by chromafunk on Jul 29, 2014, 11:42:01 PM
I'm really not sure about the mjolner, Yes, I do own both of them and made one toon around it. From what I had experienced, it's a build enabling unique with high stat requirement. Even though it may be easy to get the str and intellect (astrementis) to get the stats, but gearing optimally for health/mana + resist was an uphill battle for me. I've been mapping alot of high end content and if I want to compare the power of mjolner to the top end build/specs/gear, ST low life ele spectral throw takes the trophy if clear speed and power (plus the insane cost to gear for one)

I can understand why some people want to scream bloody nerf for the mjolner, yet gearing for one is another challenging aspect of the game and sadly the price has jumped since it came out (item flippers i'm looking at you!)

But if they do make nerf, it'll truly shameful for GGGs part to hurt players who do enjoy the build and spent alot of man hours on the said item. Especially making another legacy unique is hot stuff in standard anyways and it'll be sad to seen another clever unique going in the poo-hole.
"
chromafunk wrote:

You must be dreaming if you think Mjolner is OP. For it to really crush the whole game you need to invest 400 exalted on your equipment and go low life. Regular non low life builds are just NORMAL.

I'm not trying to support one side or the other of this issue. I just wanted to comment that my Mjolner build doesn't use RF or low life and still easily beats the highest and hardest maps. The only remotely expensive gear that it uses is a legacy Bringer of Rain and Volls Devotion.
Standard Forever
"
I'm not trying to support one side or the other of this issue. I just wanted to comment that my Mjolner build doesn't use RF or low life and still easily beats the highest and hardest maps. The only remotely expensive gear that it uses is a legacy Bringer of Rain and Volls Devotion.

I bet you never tried to go beat Atziri. You think you are beating the endgame with it but you are actually just doing fine. If you are using discharge, it is normal that you are doing fine clearing packs, it´s a very powerful skill.

There is a huge difference between facerolling and beating fine with good clearspeed.

I am on a country where I can´t use Youtube now, so I can´t paste you a link but If you want to see my Vaal Pact version of the build, you can write on youtube searchbox "Pythonica´s thundertank" and check the video of a regular Atziri run with my Vaal Pact version of the build. When I reach the trio bosses you will notice that, even having quite high attack speed I am not facerolling the content. I just do it fine, but I don´t faceroll. After that, please go an check an ST low life CoE build doing the same and you will se what I want to mean.

There is also a difference on doing a boss like dominus palace solo and doing it on a 4 to 6 man party. The latter is near impossible to do with a Mjolner build. I have been on a party with 6 people on dominus palace and the ST actually took him down while I was doing minimal damage to him, while eating all the gore light shots and the touches of god in my face, suffering to leech back.

Last edited by chromafunk on Jul 30, 2014, 12:01:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info