mortal hope drop rate

in most games content isn't allowed to be selfishly hoarded

it's distributed amongst players for them to enjoy~

perhaps the main failing of PoE is that it allows players to selfishly hoard content.

and, considering every gaming populace will that have % that will behave in an insanely selfish fashion....well, here we are...
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 5, 2014, 5:15:55 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
in most games content isn't allowed to be selfishly hoarded

it's distributed amongst players for them to enjoy~

perhaps the main failing of PoE is that it allows players to selfishly hoard content.

and, considering every gaming populace will that have % that will behave in an insanely selfish fashion....well, here we are...

The problem is that GGG directly challenges us (with a cool, non-monetary reward) to complete all 8 challenges that they lay out for the league.

One of those challenges is difficult beyond any challenge put forth by GGG yet. (own a copy of Atziri's Disfavour)

That axe has been shown to require as many as 75 kills on uber before it drops due to the low drop rate. (ofc some people will get luckier, or less lucky)

An axe was recently sold for 350 exalted orbs. it was bought as an insurance policy against not finding another one by a duo of players who have done 150 uber kills and found one axe.

So yes, access to Uber is competitive right now - but that is the system that has been laid down by GGG themselves. I try to treat everybody fairly and with respect in my quest for the axe, but it's a competition when it comes down to it. (I know some others do not treat other players fairly/nicely etc, but I can only speak for myself)

just my two cents
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
lol

and when people get the axe they just keep on farming uber anyways~

i pretty much disagree that the axe is the main reason people are hoarding the kills. it's just because they can and they want to hoard all those gloves/etc for themselves, so that other people can't get them.

why not? sell them 1 at a time in Standard over the course of months i guess?

who knows. i can't even wrap my head around behaviors this extreme in a video game.

putting all of the responsibility on GGG i think is not right. some of it yes, for the shitty design, but not all.
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 5, 2014, 6:34:26 PM
Lets do this:

Farm corrupted zones: Get midnight -> run atziri -> repeat -> Drop mortal hope -> do uber -> Repeat -> Drop what you needed

its a great grind, but, it doesnt have to do with any of the community.

you sound like an upset person, upset because you either dont have luck, or because you cant get the content that a lot of players cant get to, while you already reached content that others cant. you are a hypocryt, yourself being as greedy as all those other players, of whom i dont even think are greedy at all. I know people who run atziri about 5-10 times a day, but they share a lot with their friends, their guild and others they like and get along with. Greedy my ***

Get over it, and enjoy the game as it is. ITS ONLY A GAME
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
leary93 wrote:
Farm corrupted zones: Get midnight -> run atziri -> repeat -> Drop mortal hope -> do uber -> Repeat -> Drop what you needed

I have done this a shitload. Hopes don't drop that much. You can't rely on them dropping. If you really want to do the content, you have to be open to purchasing them, which means it involves the community.

you can eventually get them, but it takes forever.

"
leary93 wrote:
dont have luck

there is no magical property of "luck" that people either have or do not have. couldn't get any farther than this lol, it gets pretty bad.

edit: i guess I'll just address your final sentence, since it makes slightly more sense than the rest

"
leary93 wrote:
Get over it, and enjoy the game as it is.

I would love to but sadly the content is gated away from me. The selfish hoarders have inflated the price to purchase to an insane degree, and the reptition/time investment of farming normal Atziri a few hundred additional times does not sound all that enjoyable or appealing.
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 5, 2014, 7:08:26 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:

I have done this a shitload. Hopes don't drop that much. You can't rely on them dropping. If you really want to do the content, you have to be open to purchasing them, which means it involves the community.

"
leary93 wrote:
dont have luck

there is no magical property of "luck" that people either have or do not have. couldn't get any farther than this lol, it gets pretty bad.

edit: i guess I'll just address your final sentence, since it makes slightly more sense than the rest

"
leary93 wrote:

I would love to but sadly the content is gated away from me. The selfish hoarders have inflated the price to purchase to an insane degree, and the reptition/time investment of farming normal Atziri a few hundred additional times does not sound all that enjoyable or appealing.

Be glad you're not on standard then. Hopes are still 40ex + here, basically tailored for the super rich uber atziri runners. Even less of chance of running ubers yourself if you don't want to manually farm your mortal hope.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
"
Veruski wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:

Uhh, yes. It takes forever. But how the hell do all those other people get them then, and why do they sell them? Think about that.

"

"
leary93 wrote:
dont have luck

i make sense, you are just to furious to see it.

"

"
leary93 wrote:

Enjoy the game as it is, doesnt mean, chase the content that is gated away from you and go cry because you cant get it.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Last edited by leary93 on Jun 5, 2014, 8:10:24 PM
if all else fails, accuse the guy who disagrees with you on the internet of crying.

that'll always wins you some debates.

"
Uhh, yes. It takes forever. But how the hell do all those other people get them then, and why do they sell them? Think about that.

the same way i did. farming/purchasing

you literally quoted me explaining how people get them

are you OK dude?
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 5, 2014, 8:15:15 PM
Now look at this, with Atziri/uber Atziri GGG gave us real MMO content with fixed loot tables and people are still crying. Who would've thought? ;) And this is MMO light, in other MMOs raid drops aren't even tradeable.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jun 5, 2014, 8:20:33 PM
1) i don't think "MMO content" is necessarily a good thing for PoE

2) no MMO gates high end raids behind RNG. at most they put a timer there to prevent people from spamming it too often.

this is kind of the exact opposite of PoE, where the incentives for the people can already do it are much higher, thus it is much cheaper and easier for them to run the content, actually "hoarding raids" that other people could have used or learned from.

it's not like in an MMO they go "OK there will be 327 tradable raid tickets today that we will be distributing via lottery."

never heard of that. sounds like a terrible idea. the richest team/group buys all the tickets.

sound familiar?
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 5, 2014, 8:39:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info