mortal hope drop rate

"
Veruski wrote:
i basically am quitting because of the costs associated with uber

got a hope finally by saving up for one while farming normal atziri. tried uber, failed because there was some minor equipment problems ("minor" being - probably need another 30ex in gear)

then, Hopes are pretty much impossible to get

the people farming Uber are some of the greediest and most selfish gamers I have ever met in my entire life (and believe me -- I've met a lot of of people in a lot of different and often extremely competitive games).

trying to kill uber just once you have to fight against these ridiculously greedy people that are on some sort of quest for infinite exalts.

PoE is a pretty desolate and shitty place, and trying to "farm" Uber (actually, my goal was just to kill her once) really nailed that home for me.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but not all of the playerbase are like that. When I was in the same position as you, struggling to kill uber for the first time, another player who I had had very little previous interaction with offered me free service out of pure kindness, allowing me to attempt her in safety without a fear of ripping the Hope.
Now I am able to kill her easily myself I'll often offer a free service, simply for fun, but at the same time I totally understand the fees for service. You have to make a massive investment in your character to kill Uber and there's still a risk of dying that nowhere else in the game presents which is a big deal at 95+.

The Hopes are frustratingly hard to get but I fail to see how that is a result of ridiculously greedy people. Perhaps you simply need to make more of an effort to interact with the community.
IGN: Mezzovoce
Shop: 958901
GMT (London)
Last edited by Sotto_voce on Jul 14, 2014, 9:21:06 PM
double post sorry.
GMT (London)
Last edited by Sotto_voce on Jul 14, 2014, 9:20:37 PM
"
Sotto_voce wrote:
The Hopes are frustratingly hard to get but I fail to see how that is a result of ridiculously greedy people.

well it's not JUST greed. it was the terrible design that enabled that greed to take place. the ticketing system.

a finite amount of tickets dropped per day across the entire playerbase.

during the peak of ambush it was MAYBE 20 - 40 hopes a day that the entire server was generating.

this means that basically in order to do it, you had to already be rich -- or get on the boat so early that it was basically like printing exalts

once the ball was rolling, you would have the purchasing power to greedily snatch up all hopes that appear on the market -- forcing later entrants out of the market.

this created an artificial pyramid economy. i say artificial because the ticket design is optional, and without it, you wouldn't have seen this kind of behavior dominate.

"
Sotto_voce wrote:
Perhaps you simply need to make more of an effort to interact with the community.

rofl, what the fuck are you talking about? i downed uber atziri in ambush (a temporary, 4-month league). that's not doable without a SHITLOAD of community interaction. gearing up alone would have been impossible otherwise.

edit: to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me in the LEAST if GGG put this system in place deliberately knowing that certain people would get ridiculously rich based on being early uber farmers. almost certainly some of the people who got rich are staff employed by GGG, or "friends of GGG" -- alpha testers with special privildges or otherwise insider knowledge.

this sort of corruption within small/independent games is quite common. it has happened a shitload with EVE Online, for example.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 14, 2014, 10:49:07 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Sotto_voce wrote:
The Hopes are frustratingly hard to get but I fail to see how that is a result of ridiculously greedy people.

well it's not JUST greed. it was the terrible design that enabled that greed to take place. the ticketing system.

a finite amount of tickets dropped per day across the entire playerbase.

during the peak of ambush it was MAYBE 20 - 40 hopes a day that the entire server was generating.

this means that basically in order to do it, you had to already be rich -- or get on the boat so early that it was basically like printing exalts

once the ball was rolling, you would have the purchasing power to greedily snatch up all hopes that appear on the market -- forcing later entrants out of the market.

this created an artificial pyramid economy. i say artificial because the ticket design is optional, and without it, you wouldn't have seen this kind of behavior dominate.

"
Sotto_voce wrote:
Perhaps you simply need to make more of an effort to interact with the community.

rofl, what the fuck are you talking about? i downed uber atziri in ambush (a temporary, 4-month league). that's not doable without a SHITLOAD of community interaction. gearing up alone would have been impossible otherwise.

edit: to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me in the LEAST if GGG put this system in place deliberately knowing that certain people would get ridiculously rich based on being early uber farmers. almost certainly some of the people who got rich are staff employed by GGG, or "friends of GGG" -- alpha testers with special privildges or otherwise insider knowledge.

this sort of corruption within small/independent games is quite common. it has happened a shitload with EVE Online, for example.

It wasn't the same way on standard - I suppose that's what you expect to come with a competitive league? I'm not sure if you're one of those league-only purists who sneer at standard league players, but if you hate this kind of attitude so much maybe you should try playing on standard instead because it is definitely less prevalent here.
GMT (London)
Nearly 150 kills 1 hope :) At least I've got like 60 other mortal fragments ^.^
about 100 kills and zero hopes. I have quit even trying to get it.
IGN: Reoxy
its comforting to know that someone has a worse luck :)
so.. i just started farming atziri on one month SC race 2 days ago, did 20 runs so far and got 4 hopes already.. guess i'm really lucky lolol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info