[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

Question:
Do you find the increased life from flasks nodes worth using? I looked at the tree again and if you take 1 node from the life wheel out and the 4 flask/life nodes then spec up into blood drinker you will have the same life but you'll be swapping the increased life from flasks for 2% physical damage life leech. Would that be worth the swap?

"
Antacus wrote:
I am trying to find a spec after the 1.2 patch and have a few characters to pick from. I have a level 74 scion and a level 79 duelist which both look like they would fit this build. The duelist was no where near equiped for this and I want to avoid any drastic changes on him so was wondering how this would work for a scion? I was thinking this build, very close to yours except starts from scion and has one extra point to apply at the cost of about 300 base life while gaining some nice elemental resists.
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAMZ6-vKZX2L01kv6PTeP-Cjrh8kVKyG6qtfKkOdCBR-Ii4hUgKk0_J5AK3Q0s6dP8XLAJWNunwYsY21uvOu1ttDXvgUG-p-_jY3A0k7ZBTiqE2W5p_MVW-u967g7-un11034Dh3ByG62NfSP2o4pNkjB83eeNv1FHOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1xPY8Lcautz5TpQxfHKd82XKprKon7Ro4p4SQVcAaWfMEszKJV-LsOKIAFE0CceNqNun60maeFm8kqkp9h3ZnoILkkBGKr2VN

I do have all of the gear to use but colors need fixed on the boots
Spoiler

Think the scion build would do as well as you have found with the duelist? Or should I simply level up a new duelist?

why not use your duelist? You should have a free respec. Just use the gear you have posted on him? That's what I'm going to try with my lvl77 duelist once I get some free time.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Aug 25, 2014, 6:26:00 PM
Antacus
as Madcow1120 said, why not just use duelist you already have? Oo
Problem with scion is that it has a 4 point disadvantage compared to duelist. While resistance nodes can help you cap resistances early on when you have problems finding good gear, later on you want an option to drop them. This is an item progression game, your goal is to take as little resistances and attributes points on tree as possible so you could put more points in life or damage. I wouldn't recommend going scion.
However, if you do decide to go scion, dont go for acrobatics and phase acrobatics right away, wait till you're lvl 85+. Take damage and life nodes instead and after reaching 85+ respec into acrobatics+phase acro.

Golfik

I usually use Leap slam in 4L in WoE, EC in 2L in WoE and IC+blood rage in gloves. You dont need to resocket your wings, you'll just need to switch gems a bit.
Put in gloves IC+EC+increased duration+cwdt/blood magic and put in WoE Leap slam + faster attacks + blood magic + blood rage.

Also, i took a look at your tree, reason why you have more dps with 1H axes compared to Wings is because you have some 1H weapon nodes, and Wings of Entropy is a 2H weapon. Wings doesnt benefit from nodes like 'Aspect of the Panther', 'Fencing' or 'Water Dancing'. If you have a free passive respec or some pasive respec points/regrets saved up, i suggest you respec to something like this:

Madcow1120

Flask nodes are awesome

This flask restores almost 1800hp instantly.
Also, i dont need leech from tree in this build because i'm using Blood rage. With as much chaos resistance and regeneration i have, i can outregenerate blood rage's degeneration. You can check Olmec's sanctum or Death and Taxes full map videos to see that life stays full when blood rage is active.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 25, 2014, 6:42:57 PM
Assuming equal dps, which has more survivability:

1) The Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics Dodge/Evasion Decision
2) Armor Decision with IR

Or in other words, I can do the same build with IR but save 7 points compared to a build I have with Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. Am I suffering too much survivability by making the switch to IR?
Last edited by solacespecs on Aug 25, 2014, 8:57:21 PM
ogrec how many chrom do you usuatly spend trying to 2 red 1 blue 1 green rainbowstride? i feeel like im gonna have to spend more doing so than the price i paid for the item ...
"
Philss wrote:
ogrec how many chrom do you usuatly spend trying to 2 red 1 blue 1 green rainbowstride? i feeel like im gonna have to spend more doing so than the price i paid for the item ...

Vorici Can make it for 4 chroms, i wasted 12 chroms to get the right colours
Spoiler

Just did this build for fun i love dual whield and dual strike. i could've went for another buid but i love this one.
Sitting at 24K Dps 26K dps with frenzy charges and like 32k dps with atziris flask.
5700Hp

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAnEDhwSzBbUJWBRNFFIVIBZvGNsaOButHKcdyiP2JKon7SjbKk0s6TBxMHwxnjKJNJM1kjXvNuk6QjrtPC0_J0d-Sn1KyEt4TZJN404qTjJRR1b6V-JZ81n-W69csGNwZU1mnmegbBZttG5pbqpwcnKpfNl9dYFBhNmHGYd2jX2Nv5AKkFWZK6IAo4qmV6eEqWisqrXytkG3Pr2BvqfAGsGLxBXE9sau037T_NQj2L3bp90N3ajd59_v42rlvew47g7veu_j9lX60vxL_MX-Cv6P_ro=
ToxicDreams..........
For your mana variant, since Grace and Hatred both are 60%, there is no way to run them both at the same time plus running the purity of lightning right? I have 818 mana and reserving them all, I am left with only 8

EDIT: I am having INT issues, I can't use The Anvil due to Lapis amulet giving 30 int. Where do you get your int from?
IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Aug 25, 2014, 11:33:55 PM
solacespecs
Acrobatics offers a lot more survivability then IR, but you can stick with IR if you're playing in softcore league.

Philss

A lot, expect 200-300 if unlucky. Its a good option to use Vorici if you have access to his crafting bench (or if one of your friends does), think cost of 3offcolor is 285 chromas.

Advaanze
i like the damage on those rings :)

Schn1tt3r
There's no need to run grace in this build. It has been discussed multiple times in this thread so you can look it up on previous pages, short answer would be that you don't need much evasion with blind, dodge and 75% block.
You get int from rings. Also, if you're taking anvil for triboss fight, you can just drop purity of lightning for that fight, there's no lightning damage in there so there's no difference if you go in with 100% or -60% lighting resistance.
"
why not use your duelist? You should have a free respec. Just use the gear you have posted on him? That's what I'm going to try with my lvl77 duelist once I get some free time.

The duelist is my best character and only character that was able to run 66-68 maps w/o concern of getting killed. I say was since the build I had doers not seem viable in 1.2 but I am still playing around on poebuilder trying to find the same block/evasion setup. I was around 65% block and 55% evade. I know, not awesome to most folks but I was happy that I could actually farm maps for better eq since he is my only good char. The 74 scion was a CoC discharger. Interesting and fun build up until mid 70s then I just got one-shotted all the time so that character is going to sit and do nothing. If your stats on page one are true then this build is better then what I had so I'll just jump in with both feet and see where I land.

"
Vorici Can make it for 4 chroms, i wasted 12 chroms to get the right colours

The boots is what is holding me back right now. I spent about 30 chroms and did not get the correct colors and now I am out. The problem is I do not have a character that can farm for more chroms right now. A friend is working on leveling up his master so maybe I can go that route down the road *shrug*. Or simply run w/o the gems in boots and far lower level areas.
Just got my first Atziri kill with this build :D

I've been testing out running Herald of Ash in place of purity of lightning, and was actually able to kill Atziri with this setup. Herald of Ash adds some DPS and the burst effect can help with clear speed. The trio didn't give me any trouble, I did die 3 times on Atziri, though this was mostly due to my own inexperience with the fight. I'm also lacking Profane Chemistry and the 3% life/10% flask node before it since I'm only level 88 so my flask recovery probably isn't what it should be.

HP: 5392
Mana: 697 (537 reserved with Purity of Fire,Hatred, Herald of Ash)
DPS(with frenzy charges): 29.5k(Increased Area)/ 49k(Conc Effect)

Gear
Spoiler

gz on the kill and the hope :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info