[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

@Phil Yes and no. I find that some people who do not know about this build disregard the weapon's potential and bor's pure deliciousness. Needless to say, the first day, the first bor/woe droppers will be price setters in the new league.

Afaik Zivko used the first bor and the first woe, around 5 ex for both, since chaos are more valuable early on. But then again, these were the very first items that dropped and not a single chaos would have been used more than that (I'll say this as a benchmark for demand). It's not something you do to rush high in the sky straight away, especially if not many bors drop :)

TL:DR The price tends to drop within 5+ days, especially on wings, just what you need to get ~3 ex or a bit more and not overpay ^^
Last edited by nomercyreaper on Aug 17, 2014, 5:28:04 AM
"
1moSC prices of items:
WoE - 1ex for a perfectly rolled physical damage. Got a 110+% for 6c 8 days into the league.
BoR - 2ex for a near perfect one. Bought the cheapest one 8 days into the league for 45c.
Ranbowstride - bought a 25% spell block for 18c 8 days into the league.
Hope this helps.

I'm comparing prices to ambush start of the league, prices were a lot lower after first week of 1msc, but that league is not a good representation of the prices since almost everyone there was playing arc and ppl who had woe and bringer drop couldnt sell them to anyone. They were forced to sell them cheap. For comparison, WoE was 2ex for entire first 2 weeks of ambush, and bringer was even 4ex on 2nd week of ambush. Only on week 3 prices started dropping for wings, and a bit later for bringer too.

Also, nomercyreaper is correct, i did buy the first wings of entropy and bringer of rain that showed up for sale on 1mSC, i paid around 4-5ex in total for them.
I try to test Cleave with DS + Melee Splash:
-With 20q Cleave give u more 10% fast att.
-With 20q Melee Splash give u more 20% aoe.
-With lvl 20 Cleave it give more 76% of 130% dmg when dual wielding((total 229 %).
-With lvl 20 DS it give more 57% of 180% dmg when dual wielding(total 282 %).
-Cleave with lvl 20 addfire give ( 229% phys + 89% phys as fire /318 total)
_DS with lvl 20 Melee Splash give (397% phys)
Hatred on:
-Cleave + AF =229% phys + 91% cold + 89% fire
_DS + MS = 397% phys + 158.8 % cold.
DPS ingame: Hatred +(Cleave + addfire/ DS + Ms) is almost the same.
-> DS with MS still better than Cleave.
Last edited by BlueJasminez on Aug 17, 2014, 6:57:44 AM
"
ogrec wrote:
"
1moSC prices of items:
WoE - 1ex for a perfectly rolled physical damage. Got a 110+% for 6c 8 days into the league.
BoR - 2ex for a near perfect one. Bought the cheapest one 8 days into the league for 45c.
Ranbowstride - bought a 25% spell block for 18c 8 days into the league.
Hope this helps.

I'm comparing prices to ambush start of the league, prices were a lot lower after first week of 1msc, but that league is not a good representation of the prices since almost everyone there was playing arc and ppl who had woe and bringer drop couldnt sell them to anyone. They were forced to sell them cheap. For comparison, WoE was 2ex for entire first 2 weeks of ambush, and bringer was even 4ex on 2nd week of ambush. Only on week 3 prices started dropping for wings, and a bit later for bringer too.

Also, nomercyreaper is correct, i did buy the first wings of entropy and bringer of rain that showed up for sale on 1mSC, i paid around 4-5ex in total for them.

Thanks ogrec,phil82 and nomercyreaper for the info it is a huge help knowing how much currency I should have be for I start looking to by WoE as well as having an idea of what it will cost as not to over pay
You ever thought about getting Mind over Matter for the Mana build?
@BlueJasminez
Cleave should get some buff in new patch, idk what exactly but i guess it will be more dps.
Edit: Now i saw... It's 65% from each weapon now?

@mexiham
With Mind over Matter will be hard to keep enough mana for skills.
Last edited by toxicm on Aug 17, 2014, 9:04:14 AM
"
BlueJasminez wrote:
"
kebal wrote:
Talking about lvl 100 passive tree. It is said "mana based for more dps" and the only difference are 8% mana reserved. How do these 8% mana reserved increase dps?

MANA BASE means u don't have to use Blood magic anymore = free 1 slot for another dps gem.
@orgec: i have the garena taiwan version so i'll test with both cleave and Ds to find out which 1 is better.

8% mana reserved means that u will have not even 100 mana more. While dual strike requires 100+ mana. How are you going to use a skill if your mana pool is enough just for 1 cast?
Last edited by kebal on Aug 17, 2014, 8:08:18 AM
"
BlueJasminez wrote:
I try to test Cleave with DS + Melee Splash:
-With 20q Cleave give u more 10% fast att.
-With 20q Melee Splash give u more 20% aoe.
-With lvl 20 Cleave it give more 76% of 130% dmg when dual wielding((total 229 %).
-With lvl 20 DS it give more 57% of 180% dmg when dual wielding(total 282 %).
-Cleave with lvl 20 addfire give ( 229% phys + 89% phys as fire /318 total)
_DS with lvl 20 Melee Splash give (397% phys)
Hatred on:
-Cleave + AF =229% phys + 91% cold + 89% fire
_DS + MS = 397% phys + 158.8 % cold.
DPS ingame: Hatred +(Cleave + addfire/ DS + Ms) is almost the same.
-> DS with MS still better than Cleave.

Could you try with DS+multi+splash in BoR and then with DS+multi+cleave (cleave instead of splash in second variant)? If you can do the test, i'd appreciate not just reporting tooltip dps value but actually testing on say city of sarn run, see what has faster clear speed. I'm asking because from my experience melee splash plays a big part DS clear speed with its big 20% aoe radius, its usually gives better clear speed with less dps just because of the radius.

@kebal
Plan is to support attacks trough mana leech on gear. 2% is enough with amount of physical damage build is doing. Question is how much mana will dual strike cost after the patch, once we know that it will be possible to calculate how much mana is needed to break leech rate cap needed to support the skill. So far we know added fire mana multiplier has been reduced from 130 to 120%. Its possible other gems got lower mana multiplier so we end up with less then 60 mana per 3attacks .
"
@BlueJasminez
Cleave should get some buff in new patch, idk what exactly but i guess it will be more dps.
Edit: Now i saw... It's 65% from each weapon now?

Yeah it only increase 5% dmg so i don't think it can compare to ds (cause melee splash give it pure phys) and it's aoe is so small like 2 or 3 stack of reave.
"
8% mana reserved means that u will have not even 100 mana more. While dual strike requires 100+ mana. How are you going to use a skill if your mana pool is enough just for 1 cast?

The reason it's cost 100+ mana because BLOOD MAGIC gem. When u use mana base with a setup DS + Melee Splash + Add fire + Multi it only cost u 66 mana.Btw it's 14% mana reserve (not 8, u forget the big node) + mana node and mana flow give him 32% more mana, 40% manareg + 40-60 maximum mana form rainbow stride( yeah u need 2% phys dmg leech back as mana in 1 of ur item to sustain the mana cost).
"
@kebal

Plan is to support attacks trough mana leech on gear. 2% is enough with amount of physical damage build is doing. Question is how much mana will dual strike cost after the patch, once we know that it will be possible to calculate how much mana is needed to break leech rate cap needed to support the skill. So far we know added fire mana multiplier has been reduced from 130 to 120%. Its possible other gems got lower mana multiplier so we end up with less then 60 mana per 3attacks .
\
They reduce the mana cost of dual strike by 1.The add fire to 120% another gem still like before.
Last edited by BlueJasminez on Aug 17, 2014, 9:54:45 AM
It's more like 4% mana leech + Mana Flows + some mana regen on rings (I have ~60%) needed to sustain mana. I play similar WoE + BoR build now with this mana gain setup and I can easily sustain mana with 1x 60% aura and 1x40% aura. In 1.2 with lesser mana cost and some reduced mana nodes I'm pretty sure you can go with 1x 60% and 2x 40% auras. Also, I think you can craft mana leech in 1.2 patch, so gearing shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Just tested it with 2% mana leech and 40% regen on gear and still sustaining mana, but need some mana or hybrid flask sometimes.

BTW, both builds are great, I would only add life leech nodes (cuz I don't like blood rage) to get around 4% life leech (2 from Blood drinker node and 2 from gear). Those life leech/gain nodes at Maraouder's start are also interesting.
Last edited by toxicm on Aug 17, 2014, 10:23:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info