[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

Awesome, already looking forward to it. Dodge and Block sounds really good, honestly can not wait to use this build.. hopefully there won't be any last minute changes on the tree that can negatively effect this one.

I think Herald of Ash might be something to consider or try on this build as well, from what everyone's observed in the clips it might add bonus DPS and an on kill AOE effect as well.. could be nice to stack on top of DS + Melee Splash for faster clearing (and even faster with the rampage buffs, might be overkill though) but then again there may not be enough mana to reserve it on top of the main auras.

http://gfycat.com/MenacingDapperAlbino
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Aug 14, 2014, 10:21:25 PM
"
fs84 wrote:
Do you think that build will be atziri viable?

Without the max res from tree, how hard will atziri be?

And how will block + dodge stack? is it 75% chance to block, if it's in the 25% chance, then the dodge comes in at 395 chance to dodge attacks/30% chance to dodge spells?

Was going to use your build in the new leagues to level and eventually do atziri, wondering if I will need to level a whole new char and just use this one for maps/dom farm.

Between 75% block, 40% dodge and evasion with blind, spears would hardly ever hit the character, and when they did, they'd be negated by constantly up immortal call (due to high block chance BoR would generate a lot of endurance charges). Most stormcalls and flameblasts would be blocked or dodged. There is always some damage that goes trough defenses and only then resistances and armour are important, but since this build would take damage less often then just pure block build did, it would also have more time to regen and outleech the damage. New build also has higher life pool.

I'm confident new build would perform better then old in unchanged atziri fight, but here's where the atziri skill nerfs kick in.

Garena patch notes already show that flameblast has been somewhat nerfed and we know shock stack is being nerfed too. I think a lot of damage will get scaled down in that fight, as well as in maps, and that's the reason why ggg removed a lot of maximum resistances from the skill tree. I think we'll end up looking at a slightly easier fight even with maximum resistances nerf.

To answer the question about dodge and spellblock, no, they do not stack. I'm not 100% sure about the order of mitigation, but i know game checks both actions separately. I think game first checks dodge (30%) and, if you fail to dodge, checks spellblock (75%) after. I'm not very good at calculating probability, but i think both mechanics combined result in around 83-84% chance to avoid taking damage from spells. So you'd still hit get occasionally, but 50% less often then with the old build which had 68% chance to avoid taking damage.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 15, 2014, 5:40:10 AM
Hi,

With the big probability of cleave damage boost, don't you think a cleave variant is possible?
Has someone tried to replace dual strike and melee splash with molten strike and weapon elemental damage? I have a feeling that the single target would be way better, as well as the aoe at the cost of being unreliable. I'm kinda poor and unlucky with chromes, so i don't want to blindly try it out and possibly fail an atziri map :D

Thoughts/experience?
Last edited by Meepro on Aug 15, 2014, 9:12:37 AM
@slayer88 if its big enough dps boost, i'd consider replacing melee splash with cleave in BoR. my biggest concern is lower aoe compared to melee splash with 20% quality, but if dps is higher it would still have faster clear speed and also higher single target dps.

@Meepro i tried molten before (i use it for leveling) and it would be better if skill tree was different (thinking about iron grip from the tree for example). if you're interested in molten strike build, i suggest you take a look at blender build, i remember it had a variant that could reach 50k dps, its possible its even better with new skill tree - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/965656/page/1
Added ~34k dps mana based build variant without acrobatics and phase acrobatics.
https://poebuilder.com/builds/ogrec20-woe-bor-120
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 15, 2014, 11:24:47 AM
omg amazing ill be really looking forward this build on the next patch!
ToxicDreams..........
Hey man, the build looks very nice.
For casual players it might be better though to drop the purities for grace, drop the chaos res life and the aura wheel, get instead the axe/life cluster just below (Or the leech cluster near marauder) and the life/flask cluster from near the scion. Should boost the DPS(or leech), the map survivability (4k increased to 8k armor) and 60% increased life recovered from flasks is pretty huge, while increased life stays the same.

Of course for atziri you might need those purities again, I'm not very experienced in that area :(
Oh wow, i just noticed how similar our builds for 1.2 are :)

Of course, you have the legacy, but i guess we had the same idea. I ran a similar build in Invasion on my shadow, defense-wise it was pretty much the same (Acro/phase acro, block, spell block) but based on crit daggers instead (bino's).

Played with a few WoE/BoR wielders in the group, and thought I'd try that for the next league, then i saw your one month build few weeks ago and loved it!

Spent whole day yesterday tinkering the build, with great help from wild_captain, good to see we've come to the almost same conclusion :)

I thought i'd drop by to point out that it's not a ripoff, and that it's posted more or less within the same timeframe, and i wish us the best luck in the upcoming league :)
"
MrsTMouse wrote:
Hey man, the build looks very nice.
For casual players it might be better though to drop the purities for grace, drop the chaos res life and the aura wheel, get instead the axe/life cluster just below (Or the leech cluster near marauder) and the life/flask cluster from near the scion. Should boost the DPS(or leech), the map survivability (4k increased to 8k armor) and 60% increased life recovered from flasks is pretty huge, while increased life stays the same.

Of course for atziri you might need those purities again, I'm not very experienced in that area :(

Purities serve a dual purpose of providing max res but also easing the strain on gear that bringer and stone of lazhwar produce (you cant get resistances on helm, chest or amulet).

I've explained somewhere in the thread how build mitigates physical damage and why low armour is not a problem. You can brows trough the posts and look it up if you're interested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info